5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I grew tired of the fact my truck was communicating with the factory without my consent.

Not sure if compass and gps still work, but haven't driven it yet.
No more of those pesky FOTAs! 🍻

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I grew tired of the fact my truck was communicating with the factory without my consent.

Yeah those updates to fix the trucks glitches really are annoying. I want to live with the glitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score

Do you have your cell phone on while driving your truck?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But....why?
People who should know say these boxes have remote code execution vulnerabilities, and it's well known that the truck shares location and diagnostics information with Stellantis and probably any dealer that cares to look. So I respect a bit of paranoia, and in this case wonder if some may be justified. :unsure:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
People who should know say these boxes have remote code execution vulnerabilities, and it's well known that the truck shares location and diagnostics information with Stellantis and probably any dealer that cares to look. So I respect a bit of paranoia, and in this case wonder if some may be justified. :unsure:
Random dealers wouldn't be able to track the truck without authorization from the owner or a court order. And even then, it's not like they can just log into a website and pull it up. Would still have to go through Stallantis

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah those updates to fix the trucks glitches really are annoying. I want to live with the glitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had the truck for two years now. Never have been able to get an update OTA. Every few days I'd see a java popup message.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Random dealers wouldn't be able to track the truck without authorization from the owner or a court order. And even then, it's not like they can just log into a website and pull it up. Would still have to go through Stallantis
Who's policing that, and how would we know? Probably belongs in the conspiracies thread, but in a few decades as EE I've come to believe our security measures are sufficient to keep out honest folks, but the best protection is to not have anything worth stealing. 🤐

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Permatex'd the **** out of everything. Flex seal tape inside and out. Silicone across the entire interior top edge of the window. Big rain storm coming this week so we shall see if it works

Attachments

• 20230318_133410.jpg
    20230318_133410.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 20230318_133405.jpg
    20230318_133405.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 145

23RAM

Reaction score
Permatex'd the **** out of everything. Flex seal tape inside and out. Silicone across the entire interior top edge of the window. Big rain storm coming this week so we shall see if it works
Did you post that twice because you did so much work today it felt like two?
:)

AndBen

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Semi installed some Lasfit flood ditch lights…haven’t hooked up the wire harness yet. I want to run them thru the home link buttons. Still researching that. That will have to wait for another weekend.

Used Amazon $80 brackets, so-so fitment. Lasfit doesn’t offer Gen 5 brackets yet.

Attachments

• 3FDC947F-DE89-4B4D-AC52-8ACE3E8CD9DD.jpeg
    3FDC947F-DE89-4B4D-AC52-8ACE3E8CD9DD.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 54

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Semi installed some Lasfit flood ditch lights…haven’t hooked up the wire harness yet. I want to run them thru the home link buttons. Still researching that. That will have to wait for another weekend.

Used Amazon $80 brackets, so-so fitment. Lasfit doesn’t offer Gen 5 brackets yet.
yes they do

ive seen several people use the blazer wireless controller to enable u to use homelink buttons

when you get them up and working im curious to see the light output. waiting for good weather to get out and install my lower grille 30" bar and a pillar brackets. i havent decided on lasfit or aux beam for the ditch lights ( still debating what pattern to get also)

Last edited:

abdavis88

Reaction score
Well after 6 months of casual searching and 1 month of intense looking I finally found the truck I wanted. Almost custom ordered a 23 but I found this one about 500 miles away and bought it. It has more than I even knew it had. The Built to Serve package is awesome with the amazing looks inside and out, the chromeless body, the pano roof, digital mirror, LED lights, a bakflip tonneau cover, low miles (25k), ready to trailer, paint is pristine and the 12" screen is huge. Said goodbye to my 2014 Quad Cab after 8 years and 100k miles. This truck is just way bigger and tougher! And feels likes a Limited on the inside.

Attachments

• BTS_FrontInt.jpg
    BTS_FrontInt.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 145
  • BTS_new.jpg
    BTS_new.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 146
  • BTS_Pano.jpg
    BTS_Pano.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Hemi_badge.jpg
    Hemi_badge.jpg