5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed mbrp 5143 direct high flow muffler.
Only took a small test drive around the neightborhood but couldn't be happier with the tone so far.
There is some air escaping at the joint thru the 3" clamp. Assuming its normal and its not gonna be completly seal with a clamp.
I might have welded it later on.
Sounds so much better in person than video
Chingon amigo next is a resenator delete? Or weld the “weep holes closed”?

Reldn

Reaction score
Installed a new tail light bulb. Hopefully this one doesn't randomly crap out.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Had my windshield replaced. Then learned that they broke a connector (on the windshiled, not the harness) and need to come back and install another windshield. In the meantime, my safety features are disabled.

23RAM

Reaction score
Took it to a car wash... DIY wand. Just to knock off the caked on stuff for a road trip this weekend. Will give it a good bath when we get back.
Same here again...as the weather warms up the snow/sand/salt along the side of the road melts and runs across the road, creating a whitish/brown spray. I've always washed off this crud throughout the winter with all my vehicles and it clearly makes a big difference to how they look 5+ years later.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks, quedo bien perron, right now I am really enjoying the sound, really brings a smile to my face. no resonator delete for now but yes on closing the weep holes
Resenator delete definitely wakes it up! How do you like the blazer wireless controller? How long have you had it?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Resenator delete definitely wakes it up! How do you like the blazer wireless controller? How long have you had it?
About 6 months. No complains. Easy to use, install, and low cost
If I had to buy it again i woukd. But the 8 channel one instead of the 4 channel that i got. And i would still get it with the controller . Not the bluetooth version.
The only down side is that its not water proof

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About 6 months. No complains. Easy to use, install, and low cost
If I had to buy it again i woukd. But the 8 channel one instead of the 4 channel that i got. And i would still get it with the controller . Not the bluetooth version.
The only down side is that its not water proof

Not bad, what auxiliary lighting do you have connected to it currently?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not bad, what auxiliary lighting do you have connected to it currently?
A procomp 20 in bar hidden under the lower grill.
baja squadron ditch pods. One per channel that way i can turn on one side only if i wanted to. So only one channel left unused.
Thinking of adding some reverse lights in the future. And you know this forum is great at helping you purchase stuff you don't need. So i have also seen some under the hood working lights that i liked.

Attachments

• 20221002_182734.jpg
    20221002_182734.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 70

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
baja squadron ditch pods. One per channel that way i can turn on one side only if i wanted to. So only one channel left unused.
Thinking of adding some reverse lights in the future. And you know this forum is great at helping you purchase stuff you don't need. So i have also seen some under the hood working lights that i liked.
I have the Blazer too. Only have rock lights programmed to Homelink right now I just added backup lights, but chose to use the Vice Design 7-pin adapter. Needed a splitter from Amazon, but otherwise all plug and play.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Blazer too. Only have rock lights programmed to Homelink right now I just added backup lights, but chose to use the Vice Design 7-pin adapter. Needed a splitter from Amazon, but otherwise all plug and play.
Where u able to water proof it i seen a previous comment made by you regarding the topic.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good man! And a great idea using separate channels to isolate the ditch lights

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where u able to water proof it i seen a previous comment made by you regarding the topic.
I haven't tried yet. Doesn't seem like it will be too bad with some conformal coating for the board and dielectric grease on the contacts. Probably be more water resistant than proof. But it's tucked in between the battery and ECM.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
good mentioned on the homelink programing, forgot to note that

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't tried yet. Doesn't seem like it will be too bad with some conformal coating for the board and dielectric grease on the contacts. Probably be more water resistant than proof. But it's tucked in between the battery and ECM.
this is the only thing that comes to mind to waterproof it. without having the specs for the blazer, it feels like it might fit
its cheap

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
good mentioned on the homelink programing, forgot to note that
Homelink was my main reason for wanting it. I only ever park on one side of the garage, so have two buttons free. Plan to add a 30" light bar behind the lower grill and will use the other button for it.

Users who are viewing this thread