5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

dad2steph

Reaction score
But do they have 6-button covers? This one does not match our fobs.

I only saw the 4 and 5 button. The 5 button matches mine since I don’t have the remote tailgate. The only thing that doesn’t match perfectly is that the leather is stamped for the remote tailgate where my actual remote has the air ride button. Not a big deal for me.

geotex1

Reaction score
Savannah Ga. Close to the ocean. Problem is not only what it did, but customer service answer to this. I don't like seeing hard water spots in my paint and on my windows that not even vinegar will kill (took a 2000 grit pad). Does it shine when clean, sure it does. This product might be great in california where it rarely rains....not here.

Ugh, I hate to hear things like this. F11 is really overpriced hype! If you have the ability to look at what it is chemically, it's not on par with modern nano coatings. If one cannot afford ceramic by a pro or doesn't have the DIY skills to lay them and save the prep labor cost, Klasse sealant glaze and all-in-one are decades proven, inexpensive, and superior way to care for your finish!

Fear not mhb, your paint is not ruined. The F11 will strip off with double warm water and original Dawn dish soap baths. Clay bar and then you'll need a light dual action polishing (heavier cutting where needed) and you'll have a clean slate to either go with modern high-tech, proven older tech like Klasse, or going with long favored P21S carnuba or Colonite.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That Santa! What a guy. Got some wheel woolies, and a set of US Visors. Installed the visors this morning. I have to wait to use the woolies on the rims, as I washed and detailed the truck his past Sunday.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Nothing, and not for lack of trying. Have my tube steps till I get the OEM Power Steps (Back Order). Tried a couple days ago to install them and couldn’t get the Body Mount bolts off. Father in Law gave me a 750 Kobalt Impact wrench for Christmas. Got one of the one of the front ones off after a lot of trying (which is 3/4 or 19mm) but couldn’t get the rear one to budge. Any ideas or input as to what other people have done. Did a search but came up short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
JonnyQuest the stock speakers do not have a real tweeter. I’m not going to get into specs but the JL,s are letting me hear things the stock speakers simply could not. It’s a big upgrade. I listen through the Tidal App which is high quality playback. As for install I would consider it straight swap as I worked in the car audio industry when I was young. Minor modifications to the speaker with at small side cutter was all.

Bram2019

Reaction score
JonnyQuest the stock speakers do not have a real tweeter. I’m not going to get into specs but the JL,s are letting me hear things the stock speakers simply could not. It’s a big upgrade. I listen through the Tidal App which is high quality playback. As for install I would consider it straight swap as I worked in the car audio industry when I was young. Minor modifications to the speaker with at small side cutter was all.
What did you trim. Did you use Metra adapters? Part number? or did you cut and crimp?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What did you trim. Did you use Metra adapters? Part number? or did you cut and crimp?

Take the factory speaker and trim the aftermarket unit, just need to trim the very outside of the metal frame of the speaker so it sits flush. Tin snips make very quick precise work.

Last edited:

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What Goatmansaid. I also cut the factory plugs off and soldier. I have the wiring info for what wires are positive and negative jere if anyone needs
C31D263D-CE15-4385-8E1E-F8C54A6E08DE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread