5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Replaced a tire with less than 5k miles on it due to a nail through the sidewall :/

geotex1

Reaction score
I certainly hope Jon gets around to answering... there is nothing on the website and no email stating they would be out for the holidays. All I have is an email stating my rails should ship on 12/21... radio silence since then... I will be calling tomorrow if I do not get an email by COB.

Thanks for the info... on the rails... they are likely to get abused so I don't have too much of an issue either.

I talked to Jon today on some other items, and he's in. Good chance he's waiting to find out when he'll have inventory in order to give you a solid answer. This happened to me and I emailed him. Took him a couple of working days, but he got back to me, explained the demand exceeded his supply, told me when he expected stock, and sure enough I had a tracking number the day the trailer was supposed to arrive. Items for the new RAMs are selling like hotcakes! Good luck!

geotex1

Reaction score
Installed the VLEDS LPR! This is one of my favorite utilitarian mods done to this truck! Completely resolved the poor light output of the LED reverse lights so that now the reverse camera sees as well as my 2014 did in the pitch black country night!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Please post a link for this if possible. I purchased a set of black oem carpet mats off of a forum member for it today.

Mark313

Reaction score
Installed my Lockerdown console safe today, very well made unit and easy install.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score

MopaRAMan

Reaction score
how much of a pain in the *** was it?
It wasn’t all that bad. It took me about 4.5 hours to install. The wider frame and the sound canceling units on the frame made the drivers side a little more difficult. There’s not much room outside the frame and the directions could have been better. I had to trim the corner of gear housing cover to rotate the motor to the correct orientation in the instructions and I had to wait to install the motor until after installing the bracket on the truck. I also rotated the noise canceling unit about a half inch to provide clearance for the drivers front bracket when the steps are stowed. Other than that, the rest is pretty straight forward. I bought mine on a preorder sale long before Mopar powered steps were available. However, if I were to purchase steps now at $1500, I would recommend the Mopar steps due to their longer step rail length and also the ability to disable/control them thru the console.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Jon will take care of you. This forum has surged them in recent months. I think they took a longer holiday as well.
On the rails, make certain you receive all 16 nutserts and bolts. They are both M6 Chrysler specialty and not readily available. One of the nutserts did not collapse properly for me (flange split off) and the hex punches in the sheetmetal cannot be rounded out for a standard M6 nutsert (know this because I have standard metric and SAE nutsert kits). I had to pay jobbers price for 1 nutsert at $9.89 after tax! Also, the rails have a two step finish. A smooth black powdercoat base and then the textured top. Because of this, and likely insufficient prep between, the texture will be flaking off in spots. I've seen or felt it on every truck I saw on the lots from factory with the rails on at least one side. My driver's side bar came this way, and one 3" long area visible. I chose to live with it as I will use the rails so they'll see worse, and during their life there will likely be a refinish.
Hex Body Rivet Nuts - I don't know if they will work. Ram OEM hex nuts have a larger "HD" measurement. BUT they are hex shape.
https://rivetsinstock.com/rivet-nuts-threaded-inserts/half-hex-body-rivet-nuts.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/