5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jdawgjm

Reaction score
I was in Boston a few years ago, and it seemed like any vehicle parked on a hill had those bumper guards. The few that didn't were banged up. Just made me appreciate my geographic location even more.

How I looked at it is they’d be more than welcome to reverse into my bull bar and rear shackle. I’ll be sittin there with a beer rooting for their plastic bumper to get ripped off.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got the truck muddy yanking someone out of a ditch. Wouldn't have been so bad, but when ai flipped around to go back and check on them before pulling them out, I slid into the ditch as well. Threw it in 4-high and drove right out.

Garyindiane

Reaction score
i thought about putting my offroad navigation tablet there but i just feel like it blocks quite a big chunk of view... how do you like that spot?
I thought that it would as well but it's really not that bad. A 8" would probably be absolutely clear. This is a samsung 10". It really doesn't block much at all.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed mbrp 5143 direct high flow muffler.
Only took a small test drive around the neightborhood but couldn't be happier with the tone so far.
There is some air escaping at the joint thru the 3" clamp. Assuming its normal and its not gonna be completly seal with a clamp.
I might have welded it later on.
Sounds so much better in person than video

Attachments

• 20230312_151209.jpg
    20230312_151209.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20230312_162127.jpg
    20230312_162127.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 53

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only took a small test drive around the neightborhood but couldn't be happier with the tone so far.
There is some air escaping at the joint thru the 3" clamp. Assuming its normal and its not gonna be completly seal with a clamp.
I had air escaping at the same spot. Tighten that sucker down and it will go away.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Put some copper RTV around the pipe where it slides together. Then torque the clamp to 70ftlbs

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Put some copper RTV around the pipe where it slides together. Then torque the clamp to 70ftlbs
Beat me to it. I’ve used copper rtv sealant in the past on trouble slip fit and flanges and it’s worked. Worth a try for about $10 before paying to have it welded.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so yesterday i installed a mishimoto catch can, today i drove a little, about 15miles and already a little oil in it.

i ordered the black mishimoto at amazon canada it was in special but after i tough it didnt fit i also ordered one that was suggested but with amazon usa. so both arrive quickly and i decided to go with the mishimoto for a few reasons, i prefered the black color of the mishimoto, also the mishimoto is easier to empty for me because its closer to the rad vs the other is near the valve cover, and the price difference was not as bad as in the usa because i had to pay extra import and shipping fees on the cheaper one so at the end there was less then 40$ difference. have to say tho, if i was in the us, the price difference would of been more and that would of probably make me choose the cheaper one(cheaper in price, but seems very well made)

install wasent bad, i did not remove the engine cover nor the ramair intake, i just unbolted this side of engine cover to have a little more play to have acces

heres the outcome, yes my engine is dirty, its winter here, but soon i will be able to clean it :)

20230313_114809.jpg 20230313_114805.jpg

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so yesterday i installed a mishimoto catch can, today i drove a little, about 15miles and already a little oil in it.

i ordered the black mishimoto at amazon canada it was in special but after i tough it didnt fit i also ordered one that was suggested but with amazon usa. so both arrive quickly and i decided to go with the mishimoto for a few reasons, i prefered the black color of the mishimoto, also the mishimoto is easier to empty for me because its closer to the rad vs the other is near the valve cover, and the price difference was not as bad as in the usa because i had to pay extra import and shipping fees on the cheaper one so at the end there was less then 40$ difference. have to say tho, if i was in the us, the price difference would of been more and that would of probably make me choose the cheaper one(cheaper in price, but seems very well made)

install wasent bad, i did not remove the engine cover nor the ramair intake, i just unbolted this side of engine cover to have a little more play to have acces

heres the outcome, yes my engine is dirty, its winter here, but soon i will be able to clean it :)

View attachment 154564 View attachment 154565
Keep thinking I'll order one...

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Installed a Fram cabin air filter with baking soda, was satisfied with this one before. I figure with all of the construction and farm field dust that gets kicked up around here, at $15. I’m OK with replacing this every year.
4C638113-5C0F-4822-9AE8-9CEDD596C089.jpeg

Also changed the tire pressure setting with my Tazer. These taller tires take a little less psi, and then I forgot that I let a little air out of the tires when we had a couple of weeks where it was nice and warm. Now it’s been down in the 20s every day, and when I went to leave this morning the idiot light came on and all of the tire pressures were showing in red on the Evic. Just another thing that I like about the Tazer.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed the security bypass cable other day.
It's a lot harder than the videos make it look. Plus on the '03 the moved the CAN blocks up higher and to the left right behind the light switch.
The only way I could plug in the CAN block plugs was to remove the light switch assembly and reach in through there.
20230313_110856.jpg

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Installed the security bypass cable other day.
It's a lot harder than the videos make it look. Plus on the '03 the moved the CAN blocks up higher and to the left right behind the light switch.
The only way I could plug in the CAN block plugs was to remove the light switch assembly and reach in through there.
Sounds like a lot of work but an effective solution. Nice access through there

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
f07487c6367d17ba78aaf41ebc371fbd.jpg

Bought some bora 1.25in wheel spacers to fill out the gap from these stupid oem fender flairs.

Surprisingly they shipped within a week of ordering. Usually it takes about a month for them to make them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread