5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
they are actually ready and I was supposed to go pick them up, but my work schedule changed about a month ago so had to switch to shipping. On the plus side, I don't have to figure out how to get them back lol.

Funny story: I actually passed by the shop on Saturday but I didn't make appointment with them for pick up. And even if I picked them up I still need to paint them.

That's pretty impressive. You're not even buying them for almost 9 more months and they are already ready for pickup!

Dschmid37

Reaction score
Looks good. What was the defect you found?
Thanks HemiDude! There was a bubble in the "5" of the 1500. The dealer called me yesterday and said the part came in. He let me pick it up and replace it myself as long as I return the old one to him.
It was much easier to put those small letter decals on in my lap than reaching over the hood. I'm leaving the etorque blue for now. I kind of like the blue.

Attachments

• 20230302_153233.jpg
    20230302_153233.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 20230306_175937.jpg
    20230306_175937.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 100

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks HemiDude! There was a bubble in the "5" of the 1500. The dealer called me yesterday and said the part came in. He let me pick it up and replace it myself as long as I return the old one to him.
It was much easier to put those small letter decals on in my lap than reaching over the hood. I'm leaving the etorque blue for now. I kind of like the blue.
I imagine that install was better doing it off of the truck. Nice that the dealer didn't give you any grief about doing it yourself.

weswoody2004

Reaction score
Love the look. Just out of curiosity, did you try messing with the install height so there wasn't a gap to the truck body? Kinda like a High Clearance running board?
From what I could tell, there wasn't much adjustability at all. I will have to get under there and take a peek again and see if there's a way to move them up a little.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the backup light adapter from Vice Designs today, and got my lights in place and hooked up. It started raining just as I finished and I didn't feel like taking it out in the rain...

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
....on the first try, too! (crew cab + 6.5' bed)
Hdjljc2.jpeg

Yes, I did get out no problem. Backed right up to the Volvo's bumper without touching and then out with a full lock turn from the Yukon in front of me. Now...this was a North Carolina parallel park, not an NYC one so I will admit these spots were a little longer than you'd get in a city but still.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hdjljc2.jpeg

Yes, I did get out no problem. Backed right up to the Volvo's bumper without touching and then out with a full lock turn from the Yukon in front of me. Now...this was a North Carolina parallel park, not an NYC one so I will admit these spots were a little longer than you'd get in a city but still.
You mean the Le Car spaces?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hdjljc2.jpeg

I wish spots in Los Angeles were as big as this lol. One time I parked on the street and backed up within inches of the car behind me because I was avoiding the fire curb in front (the other car had plenty of room to back up). Came back at 11pm and a brand new Bentley decided to parallel park on the fire curb in front of me, thus completely sandwiching me. I thought there was no way in hell I was getting out. My buddy spotted me because I was so close to the Bentley it disappeared beyond my hood lol and I had to basically 10pt turn my way up onto the sidewalk in reverse and then finally get out around the Bentley. I was so pissed. Lol. That was the one and ONLY time I’ve ever wished I had the 5’7 bed just for a little extra wiggle room. Thankfully I was just visiting LA and don’t live there!

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wish spots in Los Angeles were as big as this lol. One time I parked on the street and backed up within inches of the car behind me because I was avoiding the fire curb in front (the other car had plenty of room to back up). Came back at 11pm and a brand new Bentley decided to parallel park on the fire curb in front of me, thus completely sandwiching me. I thought there was no way in hell I was getting out. My buddy spotted me because I was so close to the Bentley it disappeared beyond my hood lol and I had to basically 10pt turn my way up onto the sidewalk in reverse and then finally get out around the Bentley. I was so pissed. Lol. That was the one and ONLY time I’ve ever wished I had the 5’7 bed just for a little extra wiggle room. Thankfully I was just visiting LA and don’t live there!
Try parking a real beat! 20230211_173940.jpg

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I grew up in the NYC metro area. Bumping cars to get out of a parking spot was normal growing up. It helps that I was driving my dad's van, which had those rubber bumper cover, no paint to scratch up when you bumped other cars. :ROFLMAO:

Looked something like this.,.
iu

I miss that van. RWD in a blizzard was fun (y)

Ever see people putting those ugly bumper guards?
iu

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I grew up in the NYC metro area. Bumping cars to get out of a parking spot was normal growing up. It helps that I was driving my dad's van, which had those rubber bumper cover, no paint to scratch up when you bumped other cars. :ROFLMAO:

Looked something like this.,.
iu

I miss that van. RWD in a blizzard was fun (y)

Ever see people putting those ugly bumper guards?
iu
I was in Boston a few years ago, and it seemed like any vehicle parked on a hill had those bumper guards. The few that didn't were banged up. Just made me appreciate my geographic location even more.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced my Nitto Recon Grapplers with some Toyo Open Country AT3’s. Recons we’re pretty bad in cold weather (even dry) and light snow (even though they aren’t snow rated, I expected a tad better performance).

Crossing my fingers these AT3’s do great! Now time to clean all this tire shine they smothered the tires in…

459fe0fa1b5fb9a47661bfb699da8d1f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread