5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I figured he was a Chiefs fan because he's from SW Iowa.
I am.
However, I am an Eagles (and Flyers) fan too. I grew up in Easton and Allentown, PA.
I moved to the mid-west in 2000 and slowly acclimated. I started following the Chiefs because my wife is from KC, MO.
So we are divided.

I never became a Husker, Cyclone or Hawkeye fan either. I just didn't understand the fascination at first. Then I figured it out. Those are the only relatively local sports teams of any caliber. Well, maybe not the Huskers. The only winners there are the coaches getting paid out of their contracts after they get the boot! 🤣
When I asked a local who Tom Osborne was, he about collapsed in disgust. He's still worshiped god-like here.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've been quoted 500 for an OEE windshield replacement and 850 1015 for OEM at a privately owned company w/o recalibration. They say over 90% don't require it. If so, it'd be a trip to the dealer and their cost.

For those asking where the scratch is, it's right here:
8f958a239935c53aaf2725d1c15e8973.jpg
I had Safelight go to my house to replace the windshield in my wife's Explorer. I thought I might have to take it to the dealer for recalibration but their techs are apparently trained and have the equipment to do many of those. You might check into that

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am.
However, I am an Eagles (and Flyers) fan too. I grew up in Easton and Allentown, PA.
I moved to the mid-west in 2000 and slowly acclimated. I started following the Chiefs because my wife is from KC, MO.
So we are divided.

I never became a Husker, Cyclone or Hawkeye fan either. I just didn't understand the fascination at first. Then I figured it out. Those are the only relatively local sports teams of any caliber. Well, maybe not the Huskers. The only winners there are the coaches getting paid out of their contracts after they get the boot! 🤣
When I asked a local who Tom Osborne was, he about collapsed in disgust. He's still worshiped god-like here.
Unfortunately, most Husker fans, at least the vocal ones, still live in the 90's. And anything other than a national championship is unacceptable. Hence the revolving door of head coaches since Osborne retired.

Reldn

Reaction score
How are they? Was thinking about them. Had them in my wrangler and Tiguan for my labs.

Haven't put them to the true test yet, but, they're good so far, install and fitment was fairly straightforward and fits pretty well.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Removed the stock tri-fold soft tonneau and installed a retractable aluminum one from Syneticusa. It came with racks too, going to install those later. View attachment 131563
I just installed my cover. Haven't clamped it in place yet. A little unsure. I thought I'd be smart and attach the foam strip to the cover vs the bedliner where they don't always stick, but the metal flange of the rollup box just barely extends over the front edge of the bed. Just the rubber flap covers. Is yours (or anyone else with a Syneticusa cover) this way. No one really posts pix of that very front edge. Just seems like the whole thing could go about 1" - 1.5" forward, which is where I had it till I lined up the tailgate. 20230209_065848.jpg 20230209_070333.jpg 20230209_070225.jpg

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't worn my metal ring in years. Silicone is just more comfortable and don't have to take it off for work.
Switched to silicone years ago. I broke my ring finger while landscaping the house with big rocks because of my silver ring. Now it's silicone daily, and metal for special occasions.

I haven't even considered it.
Until now. 😒

That's my next upgrade.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't even considered it.
Until now. 😒

That's my next upgrade.
I have a Groovelife. Picked it up at a local camping outfitter. I've had it replaced under warranty twice over the years. First time I lost it. Cost me $6 for a replacement. Second was torn. Just filled out the form and sent a pic. They gave me a credit, and since rings are on sale right now I got two for $8.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Threw the AVS aerocab on my truck this weekend. Still on the fence about it. I like how it looks but wasn’t too impressed with the provided weather stripping for running the wire. I get some whistling between 40-50 mph but turning the radio up is enough to drown it out. Anyways, didn’t see much real world info on these guys so here you go!

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t wear my ring anymore. I don’t wear a watch or any jewelry. I use my hands too much and that stuff gets in the way.
I would guess by your avatar. I have a little LX2610 for around the house.
Except for my wedding band, I'm not a fan of wearing jewelry either.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Groovelife. Picked it up at a local camping outfitter. I've had it replaced under warranty twice over the years. First time I lost it. Cost me $6 for a replacement. Second was torn. Just filled out the form and sent a pic. They gave me a credit, and since rings are on sale right now I got two for $8.

Thanks for the link. I'll have a look.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t wear my ring anymore. I don’t wear a watch or any jewelry. I use my hands too much and that stuff gets in the way.

I've never been a fan of jewelry or watches. I haven't worn my wedding band in years. My wife doesn't care and that's who matters.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can't stand not having a watch. I like to know what time it is. And now with smart phones, I have a smart watch, so I don't even have to take my phone out of my pocket to read and reply to texts. TicWatch Pro for Android. Works great with my Pixel, and before Pixel released rhier own watch, was the best watch available for Pixel phones. I replaced the factory silicone band with this metal one cause I'm not a fan of the silicone bands.

Attachments

• PXL_20230209_152941756.jpg
    PXL_20230209_152941756.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 45

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't stand not having a watch. I like to know what time it is. And now with smart phones, I have a smart watch, so I don't even have to take my phone out of my pocket to read and reply to texts. TicWatch Pro for Android. Works great with my Pixel, and before Pixel released rhier own watch, was the best watch available for Pixel phones. I replaced the factory silicone band with this metal one cause I'm not a fan of the silicone bands.
I've worn the same watch everyday for 11 years. My wife got it for me for a wedding present. I had to have the crystal replaced once and it was in the shop for 2 weeks. Drove me absolutely insane ha. She keeps telling me to get with the times and get an apple watch like she has, but I can't change my ways ha.

Users who are viewing this thread