5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get your hot tub set up for salt water as well
The hot tubs never got used enough to warrant the work to take care of them. Personally, I don’t like sitting in hot soup.
I did look into the salt system for hot tubs then sold the last one.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got my truck (19’ Limited) back from the Dealer Service to have the Driver Side Manifold Kit replacement done. 6 months ago they did the bolts on the passenger side. They do the Manifold, Gaskets and Bolts now instead of affected parts. Nice and quiet again…..for now.
Also…
Anyone who has a complaint about the Harmon Kardon sound quality and volume, should look at having the HK system software update done. There is a TSB on it I never knew about till now. The service bulletin is TSB 08-123-18.
I had it done at the same time as the manifold today and the resulting HK sound difference is phenomenal! More volume, more bottom end. BIG change. B96C1EED-C729-4180-9DB7-60637FE9CEA5.jpeg

Brunzca

Reaction score
Just got my truck (19’ Limited) back from the Dealer Service to have the Driver Side Manifold Kit replacement done. 6 months ago they did the bolts on the passenger side. They do the Manifold, Gaskets and Bolts now instead of affected parts. Nice and quiet again…..for now.
Also…
Anyone who has a complaint about the Harmon Kardon sound quality and volume, should look at having the HK system software update done. There is a TSB on it I never knew about till now. The service bulletin is TSB 08-123-18.
I had it done at the same time as the manifold today and the resulting HK sound difference is phenomenal! More volume, more bottom end. BIG change. View attachment 149748
Just got a 22 with the HK, and I definitely like it. Still going to add subs, but not in as much of a rush as I thought id be to replace everything else.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perfect. My wife's an ex-city Asian...

Hahaha same here! She didn’t want to at first but now can’t imagine going back.
One pair is 1" for the rear, the other is 3/4" for the front.

Hopefully, I'll get them on this weekend.

Can I ask about your front camera mod aux 1? What exactly is that - being able to switch it to stay on while driving, & are the details posted somewhere else?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I had some topographic vinyl made for the interior trim pieces. I bought the vinyl sheets from an Etsy seller who was able to customize the print with any colors I wanted! (The orange matches better than it shows in pictures). I chose gloss black for the interior and might add the matte black version on parts of the exterior. I’ve never seen topo print on the interior, have you? FDE08195-8802-4372-AC49-D0334CC374D5.jpeg FF0B2129-A0FB-4550-897D-7C529D57B627.jpeg E43E6005-4711-4C94-AF90-F2E45D201590.jpeg 556F21FC-933C-43F5-BACA-8885C51EB0D0.jpeg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now you have me thinking now I need to get rid of all the fake CF. Link to seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Now you have me thinking now I need to get rid of all the fake CF. Link to seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Haha so I was about to get some of that carbon fiber trim but I really wanted to do something I’ve never personally seen before!

Look up the seller Ichthus Graphics on Etsy. He has some topo vinyls on his page, but they won’t work for the interior because the print is physically too big. I messaged him and he was able to make me 18x18 sheets in whatever colors I wanted. One 18x18 sheet was enough to do all the trim if you don’t mess up. The back console trim was tricky until I realized it pops right off with a trim tool.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Haha so I was about to get some of that carbon fiber trim but I really wanted to do something I’ve never personally seen before!

Look up the seller Ichthus Graphics on Etsy. He has some topo vinyls on his page, but they won’t work for the interior because the print is physically too big. I messaged him and he was able to make me 18x18 sheets in whatever colors I wanted. One 18x18 sheet was enough to do all the trim if you don’t mess up. The back console trim was tricky until I realized it pops right off with a trim tool.
This the one?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I ask about your front camera mod aux 1? What exactly is that - being able to switch it to stay on while driving, & are the details posted somewhere else?
Sure, I posted some of my experience in this thread. There is much more information throughout it.

Having a '22, you enable the auxiliary cameras w/AlfaOBD or the like, then wire in an analog camera into one of the two (or both if you want two cameras) aux locations on the back of the Uconnect's module.
The aux camera's display is governed with the same logic as the reverse camera, meaning they don't stay on full-time unless you're below the low-speed threshold.
I installed it to have visibility in front when parking or whenever I want.

Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure, I posted some of my experience in this thread. There is much more information throughout it.

Having a '22, you enable the auxiliary cameras w/AlfaOBD or the like, then wire in an analog camera into one of the two (or both if you want two cameras) aux locations on the back of the Uconnect's module.
The aux camera's display is governed with the same logic as the reverse camera, meaning they don't stay on full-time unless you're below the low-speed threshold.
I installed it to have visibility in front when parking or whenever I want.

Awesome, thank you!!

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hauled 1520 pounds in the bed of wood pellets. 38 bags at 40pounds: filled the helper bags up to 20psi. Just kinda guess. Haven’t really filled them to haul. Truck Handel great. Road awesome. Was only 15min trip though.

Attachments

• F03E8624-6651-4A69-8737-B04757C17E06.jpeg
    F03E8624-6651-4A69-8737-B04757C17E06.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 33EDCF45-B7D7-4500-9EEF-537C031B4F9B.jpeg
    33EDCF45-B7D7-4500-9EEF-537C031B4F9B.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread