5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Started blacking out my badges with metallic plastidip:
View attachment 10953 View attachment 10955
Can u do a full side shot or somwthing whenever u have a chance? Im all about this.

I want to do all of mine on the longhorn. Grill too. Im okay woth the chrome bumpers.

And u say this stuff, just peels right off? What if after a couple years of sun and what not?

And do u think it will start peeling on its own at some point, of so, how soon?

Lettika

Reaction score
While I appreciate the thought behind this, I'd be worried about the metal being brittle now that you've welded and ground it, and now have made that the weak point in the load bearing system. A little tailgate flex would be very minor in comparison to the hanger letting go when you have a high load on the gate... Not trying to bust your balls, but just food for thought and words of caution.

You may have a good point. My tailgate flex was not minor though. It was a guaranteed problem, something had to be done. Dealership and dealership's body shop had their shot at it and nothing. Although I did heat it up I also beefed it up too. I have been standing on a tailgate with a bed cap on my back when the cable gave.... Hope that does not happen here. Thanks for the insight. I had not thought about that.

Mikemike

Reaction score
Drove 2.5 hours each way to get mopar running boards that are on back order. Then came home and installed them and a new tuxedo tonneau cover. Then a good hand wash and finished off with some F11 topcoat because I'm too cheap to do ceramic.

Attachments

• 20181215_135943.jpg
    20181215_135943.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 241

sass

Reaction score
Took my truck into service today to replace my limiteds center console arm rest. It had a bad creaking sound to it. I also talked to them about my 12” screen no longer playing the sport channels, which are free for the first year. I also mentioned the tsb’s on the etourqe that recently came available.

They got my new lid on, they did a great job at it.

As for the Sirius... they did a reset and it didn’t work. Ugh but they did run the tsb on my HK amp... woot! More sound at a lower volume level.

As for the etourqe tsb’s. I got home and ran the same route to my old work location that I’ve been driving back and forth the past few weeks. I also filled up before I went just like I did on the other days o drove out. I’m impressed and the “lie o meter” went up from high 16’s to low 19’s. There no more feeling of “drag” (letting off the gas and loosing a bunch of mph). It’s very minor but definitely you can tell. I’ll definitly let you guys know what happens at the end of the tank

-sass

Attachments

• EED4F5F5-2AD7-4A95-BB15-F5E30C29253D.jpeg
    EED4F5F5-2AD7-4A95-BB15-F5E30C29253D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 172
  • 36DB5BFC-8337-4AB0-B72C-6F9E81658B27.jpeg
    36DB5BFC-8337-4AB0-B72C-6F9E81658B27.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174

kjn86

Reaction score
Took my truck into service today to replace my limiteds center console arm rest. It had a bad creaking sound to it. I also talked to them about my 12” screen no longer playing the sport channels, which are free for the first year. I also mentioned the tsb’s on the etourqe that recently came available.

They got my new lid on, they did a great job at it.

As for the Sirius... they did a reset and it didn’t work. Ugh but they did run the tsb on my HK amp... woot! More sound at a lower volume level.

As for the etourqe tsb’s. I got home and ran the same route to my old work location that I’ve been driving back and forth the past few weeks. I also filled up before I went just like I did on the other days o drove out. I’m impressed and the “lie o meter” went up from high 16’s to low 19’s. There no more feeling of “drag” (letting off the gas and loosing a bunch of mph). It’s very minor but definitely you can tell. I’ll definitly let you guys know what happens at the end of the tank

-sass

I searched the TSBs and didn't see one for eTorque specifically. Which ones did you get done? Thx.

sass

Reaction score
I searched the TSBs and didn't see one for eTorque specifically. Which ones did you get done? Thx.

The TSB’s are 21-050-18, 18-077-18, 08-39-18 all released 10/23/18.

In this thread, https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/horrific-gas-mileage-hemi-etorque.2589/page-9 Cdcrawford25 talked about an update that came out on post #176 and #180.

As you can see in my picture I provided of my service ticket I got back at the bottom it shows 3 RRT's that were performed.
RRT 18-130 for PCM
RRT 18-131 for TCM
RRT 18-132 for HCP

These are the ones that are related to "the vehicle feeling like it's dragging" and IMO that helps with the eTourqe system.

-sass

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score

In this thread, https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/horrific-gas-mileage-hemi-etorque.2589/page-9 Cdcrawford25 talked about an update that came out on post #176 and #180.

As you can see in my picture I provided of my service ticket I got back at the bottom it shows 3 RRT's that were performed.
RRT 18-130 for PCM
RRT 18-131 for TCM
RRT 18-132 for HCP

These are the ones that are related to "the vehicle feeling like it's dragging" and IMO that helps with the eTourqe system.

-sass
Does this apply to regular non etorque Hemi's? I kinda notice it feels like its applying brakes when you are coasting down in speed. If these are specific for etorque, then are there other tsbs for regular Hemi? will it affect mileage? Thanks

kjn86

Reaction score

RRT 18-130 for PCM
RRT 18-131 for TCM
RRT 18-132 for HCP

-sass

Thank you. I will give my dealer a call. Also, there a typo in the above that you copied from the other thread - it's 08-139-18 for the HCP. There is no 08-39-18. Also, if anyone else is reading this, there a complete list of all TSBs in this forum at https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/directory-of-service-bulletins-recalls-ram-1500.775/.

JHowellAK

Reaction score
What updates are you haveing done that relate to the MPG? I am noticing an average of about 13-14 MPG with my etorque now??

Just got it back, enjoyed 23 MPG on the 55mph highway home.

Here is what they did:

RRT 18-132: 2019 DT Hybrid Control Processor
RRT 18-131: 2019 DT TCM Updates
RRT 18-130: 2019 DT PCM Updates
Isolator Hold downs replaced
Flashed collision warning system

Tach no longer reads 0 on slight inclines with engine still running.
Recommended i visit the body shop for the wind noise on the passenger door.

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
Can u do a full side shot or somwthing whenever u have a chance? Im all about this.

I want to do all of mine on the longhorn. Grill too. Im okay woth the chrome bumpers.

And u say this stuff, just peels right off? What if after a couple years of sun and what not?

And do u think it will start peeling on its own at some point, of so, how soon?

I am going to do the rest of my badges, mirrors and part of the grill this weekend. I'll post some pics. This stuff lasts for a long time. Go to YouTube and search DipYourCar. They spray entire vehicles with this stuff and then peel it all off a year later. It is super easy to apply too.

sass

Reaction score
Does this apply to regular non etorque Hemi's? I kinda notice it feels like its applying brakes when you are coasting down in speed. If these are specific for etorque, then are there other tsbs for regular Hemi? will it affect mileage? Thanks

I have no idea if the TSBs apply or not to your vehicle , i asked my service manager to look into the tsb’s and they came back and said yes.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Drove 2.5 hours each way to get mopar running boards that are on back order. Then came home and installed them and a new tuxedo tonneau cover. Then a good hand wash and finished off with some F11 topcoat because I'm too cheap to do ceramic.

I wish you luck with that garbage. My F11 screwed my paint bad. Looked like acid rain spots in everything from paint to especially the windows. After several calls to TopCoat i was "advised" to not allow any rain or water to sit on the truck! So when it rains at midnight, you need to get up and dry it LOL. Plus my advise on facebook on this got me blocked from commenting. Ever notice all comments are ONLY positive? Will never again use this crap. I have an entire bottle never opened I'll gladly donate to anyone wanting this ****.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If it is a non-eTorque then the TSB does not apply. Do you happen to have 3.92 gears?
Also if you using cruise control, it will brake you on down hill... just a thought

And all the TSBs are listed here:
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/directory-of-service-bulletins-recalls-ram-1500.775/

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Installed my Flowmaster Flow FX Direct Fit. Literally just finished tightening everything up when the wife got home. It’s a little louder than I expected and I would have normally been as happy as a clam if it weren’t for this forum. Now I hear the drone when MDS kicks in and the whisper from the resonators. Already want to do a delete and it’s only been on 30 minutes. Probably going to have to wait on that though. New shoes drop tomorrow.

Edit: I think the iPhone cut out because the sound was too loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Installed my Flowmaster Flow FX Direct Fit. Literally just finished tightening everything up when the wife got home. It’s a little louder than I expected and I would have normally been as happy as a clam if it weren’t for this forum. Now I hear the drone when MDS kicks in and the whisper from the resonators. Already want to do a delete and it’s only been on 30 minutes. Probably going to have to wait on that though. New shoes drop tomorrow.

Edit: I think the iPhone cut out because the sound was too loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread