5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ehh…I’d still consider black wheels but I’ve wanted polished 18s for a while now! We’ll see!
cool. Prior to my current ride I had been on the black wheel wagon since about 08 or 09
Still favor black color but love my BTS wheels. First stock wheels I have yet to even consider swapping.
I have heard its not so easy to find 18" that fit our trucks so if you move forward good luck to you finding something that you like and works

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I also don't like my stuff sliding around and it sounds like this would stop that.
It does a great job with that. Any given time I have fishing or hunting gear back there and it doesn’t budge even as hard as I drive sometimes. The carpet grips things well. Even better than rubber bed mats I had in the past.

Reldn

Reaction score
Where do the smaller pieces go - behind/underneath the factory plastic piece?

Yep. When you pull down and remove the cover for the stock screws the small piece goes into the recessed area and acts as a spacer for the piece that clips onto the post.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the carpet start to smell over time or while it’s wet? Both?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BedRug liners are a closed cell construction, which will not absorb moisture.

Yeah, I get that but I work for a manufacturer where we also make closed cell items (4’x8’ insulation boards @ 1/2” thick) & over time moisture will still make them smell & potentially change their composition. It more of a water “resistant” thing than a water “proof” thing. Just curious if they get rained on for a couple years or parked outside if they start to smell musty or anything like that & if it goes away after drying out or sticks around or anything like that.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm I haven’t seen this version.

I’m not worried about moisture, just smell. Lol

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve had it in my
Last two trucks and current ram

For what I use the bed for. It’s perfect. Especially for the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I did the entire install (after removing the rails) to get everything lined up where it should go. Then, before installing the Velcro on the upper part on the sides, I felt for the rivet nuts in the bed and poked holes in the carpet for the bolts to go through. I started with a small pic that would fit in the hole, then I pulled down the side enough to use a Phillips head screwdriver to make the hole larger. It‘s a pretty easy install, just take your time. Make sure to thoroughly clean the Velcro mounting areas with isopropyl alcohol. I just took a bottle of it and a microfiber towel out to the truck before I started.
Thanks for that info… I was worried about running the carpet with a drill bit like I’ve done installing door thresholds. Your solution would eliminate that worry.

KopterDok

Reaction score
This is the last year Ram did the rugged brown pearlcoat. In the sun it looks amazing, other times when darker looks almost black. Pearlcoat of this color is so different, as well as the color. Kinda, a you like it or ya hate it color...but I definitely haven't seen any. But there is a rbpc( rugged Brown pearcoat) forum.
Dang I love that color

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
This is the last year Ram did the rugged brown pearlcoat. In the sun it looks amazing, other times when darker looks almost black. Pearlcoat of this color is so different, as well as the color. Kinda, a you like it or ya hate it color...but I definitely haven't seen any. But there is a rbpc( rugged Brown pearcoat) forum.
Looks like root beer! It’s pretty cool

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I would love a rear bumper like that, but man I'm nervous about doing a dovetail on my truck (that's pretty damn permanent lol)

I love real polished wheels, buffing them up is a pain but so satisfying and they look so damn good when they are taken care of correctly!
Yeah it definitely is permanent! Gotta cut the bedsides, obviously remove the bumper and most likely cut the frame or hitch receiver and reposition it, relocate the exhaust to either dump out underneath the truck or do a bed exit, then have a new “bumper” made. If money wasn’t an issue I’d already have it done lol but for (I’m guessing) around $2000 it’s just hard to pull the trigger. If I did, I’d do a little less aggressive of a dovetail and then have basically a metal rollpan fabbed up instead of a tube bumper and paint match it so everything just looks flush back there. I’ve dreamt of doing that ever since I got the truck 3 years ago and I’ve still never seen anyone do it haha.

And yeah I really would like true polished wheels but man they look like junk pretty quick if you don’t keep up polishing them so I think chrome powder coat would probably be the way to go - unless someone has a really good reason why I shouldn’t do that haha

gofishn

Reaction score
I think I'm going to pick one up. I have the spray-in which is nice, but rough on the old knees.
Had Bedrug installed on my 22 Ram and love it. I already ahd teh Line-X spray in liner & DZ BEdmat but wanted a cleaner look.
Now, I;ve foind the BEdrug to be so much nicer than the Bedmat system. Looks nicer. Do nto ahve to worry about anything, if it did move, getting tore up from teh spray in liner on teh sides of the truck bed. Tailgate is ocvered, for placing or removing things form truk bed and, best of all, that darn GAP between truck bed and tailgate is covered.

Never had the trailgate covered with anything other than the spray in liner. All teh mats just looke crappy, to me, and bedrug only on tailagte looked goofy too.

My trucks always had toppers on them but this one has a tonnra cover isntead. so never concerned abotu water. Buddy has run berugs for decades and says he has never had an issue,

gofishn

Reaction score
Pulled it out of the garage so my Son could do the front brakes on his 02 Dakota.
Ended up being my Son jacking up the truck, placing the stands & removing the tires,
so that I could replace the calipers, rotors, brake pads & bleed the system.

He had to lift the truck, a few times, to get the stand height, juusst right.

If Dad is going to do it, truck has to be high enough that Dad CAN do it,
while sitting in his Comfy Chair, without twisting or getting up,
or else Dad AIN'T going to be doing it.
Usually, he takes pictures of eh area, I explain everything, point as he goes along and it all gets done, eventually,
but he was uncomfortable, after seeing all the rust, on everything, had never done calipers, didn't want to risk Hulking Out and breaking stuff.
So, Dad got to do most of it.

When it was all done, he asked me, how did I know how much force I could use before breaking a bolt?
Well, by breaking a ton of nuts, and bolts, over decades.

pmegason

Reaction score
But the Power Wagon actually has a lower payload & towing rating than the 1500 though..? Doesn’t it?
The payload is a little less than my 1500 was but the towing capacity is about 2000lbs more than what I had. Thats really all I needed. Just a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread