5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never seen that bypass cable mentioned on this forum. What's the advantage of the Kaodtech harness vs all of the other security bypass modules that plug into the SGW?
Not sure, It only costs $55 so not outrageous. It’s the one recommended to me on my Cummins Forum when I had my 3500. Works on my 1500.

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Attempted to change my oil. MF’ing dealership put the plug in so GD tight it ain’t funny… I gotta whole lotta *** to put into it and still couldn’t get it….🤬 Being afraid that they might have cross-threaded it, I stopped and called them to make an appointment. Pisses me right off

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Attempted to change my oil. MF’ing dealership put the plug in so GD tight it ain’t funny… I gotta whole lotta *** to put into it and still couldn’t get it….🤬 Being afraid that they might have cross-threaded it, I stopped and called them to make an appointment. Pisses me right off
Grease monkey at dealer probably used an impact on the drain plug. As long as you have a good 6-point socket, you should be able to break it loose.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Get a

Fumoto oil drain valve put on makes oil changes. Dry easy​

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Replaced my 23 gallon fuel tank with a 33 gallon tank. Also installed AirLift 1000 air bags. Going to buy a new travel trailer next weekend so I've been getting the truck ready to pull it.
Random, but someone made fun of my venom power tires.. so far they've been great.

Nels

Reaction score
Installed Auto Box carplay to run Android Auto wirelessly. Very simple setup and so far it's working flawlessly.

Nels

Reaction score
Threw on some new links last night. These are 3/4” longer and pushed my sway bar back to almost being parallel to the ground. Last suspension upgrade for a long time for me…

fdf339490cc28936603ac32993d22ca2.jpg

cc1ae9ebe60dd40c7982fd6d5b1bf4d7.jpg
I think asked this as a comment on your youtube channel but I don't know much about YouTube so unsure. I have a Readylift 2" leveling kit on my truck. Installed at 24k miles when I bought it. At 33k miles had to replace front sway bar links. Now at 60k miles replacing again due to clunking noise. I wonder if the leveling kit is causing them to fail. Do you think these longer links might be beneficial in this regard? The dealer is replacing them with OEM as "warrantied" but maybe that's not the best plan? I think my steering feels a little "loose", lots of play in the wheel. Im wondering if these beefier and longer links may fix that?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think asked this as a comment on your youtube channel but I don't know much about YouTube so unsure. I have a Readylift 2" leveling kit on my truck. Installed at 24k miles when I bought it. At 33k miles had to replace front sway bar links. Now at 60k miles replacing again due to clunking noise. I wonder if the leveling kit is causing them to fail. Do you think these longer links might be beneficial in this regard? The dealer is replacing them with OEM as "warrantied" but maybe that's not the best plan? I think my steering feels a little "loose", lots of play in the wheel. Im wondering if these beefier and longer links may fix that?
Sway bar end links will have zero effect on play in your steering wheel. Completely different parts.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled it out of garage so I could install the step son's new double din head unit in his 98 C1500. Was originally going to have Best Buy do install, but their installer got injured and appointment got rescheduled to Feb 21st.

Users who are viewing this thread