5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m one of those that actually like dash covers.
Not fond of the carpet finish, and have had suede and velour in previous vehicles.
Got this cover from Dash Designs earlier this year. Material is called Dashtex and flows well with my two tone Bighorn interior, is finished really well and fitment is perfect.
Each to his own, but I think they look great if their fit and finish is tight and it flows with the rest of the interior.

Alright…on with the flaming, gents…lol!
I respectfully, but vehemently, disagree!!!

That is not even cute bro.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I find dash covers to be a necessary evil as I live in Florida and the sun and heat are brutal here. What I have found in buying dash covers is that the Chinese brands tend to be better than the American ones and found this one on amazon for cheap. View attachment 146750

I'm in Texas, our sun is no less relenting than Florida. My windshield is tinted with Xpel Prime XR Plus 70

Superior Heat Rejection

Our multilayer nano-ceramic particle technology blocks up to 98% of the infrared heat.

UV Ray Protection

Nano-Ceramic Film like PRIME XR PLUS provides SPF 1,000 protection that effectively blocks over 99% of harmful UV rays that can lead to numerous skin cancers, premature aging and skin cell damage.

I also use a cover craft sunshade in the summer,, I'd check into both

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
I'm in Texas, our sun is no less relenting than Florida. My windshield is tinted with Xpel Prime XR Plus 70

I also use a cover craft sunshade in the summer,, I'd check into both
I already do, I have llumar 80 on the windshield, and I use a sun shade for summer.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got this cover from Dash Designs earlier this year. Material is called Dashtex and flows well with my two tone Bighorn interior, is finished really well and fitment is perfect.
They have gift certificates, too. 🎅

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Not fond of the carpet finish, and have had suede and velour in previous vehicles.
Each to his own, but I think they look great if their fit and finish is tight and it flows with the rest of the interior.

The point is, they will never look as good as the naked dash. This is no different than the guys that say their bug deflector looks great. Certain bug deflectors may look better than others, but the truck will always look better without one. :cool:

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

We don’t get the sustained heat up here in 🇨🇦 that you may get there, so not for me, but I understand the desire to keep your truck in good condition. You’re right, it does look like a good one. I don’t hate it.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Needless to say, Dash covers aren’t for everyone. You either like ‘em or you don’t.
I comment for those interested in a dash cover for whatever reason it may be. At the end of the day, I like mines and that’s all that really matters to me. If I can share and help other members with other options, well then cool beans, glad to help! At the same time, I do appreciate all the “feedback”. Agree to disagree. It’s what I love about this forum.

My truck sits out in the sun all day at work, windshield tint is illegal here, and I am not a fan of them window shades. I do like the bare dash, and I will still have a brand new looking bare dash many years from now…thanks in part to my dash cover. 👍

Happy and Safe Holidays everyone! Aloha!!! 🤙🏽🎄🌴🌞

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Needless to say, Dash covers aren’t for everyone. You either like ‘em or you don’t.
I comment for those interested in a dash cover for whatever reason it may be. At the end of the day, I like mines and that’s all that really matters to me. If I can share and help other members with other options, well then cool beans, glad to help! At the same time, I do appreciate all the “feedback”. Agree to disagree. It’s what I love about this forum.

My truck sits out in the sun all day at work, windshield tint is illegal here, and I am not a fan of them window shades. I do like the bare dash, and I will still have a brand new looking bare dash many years from now…thanks in part to my dash cover. 👍

It is interesting that you would rather not use a windshield shade, (30 second install) even though you prefer a naked dash. You will have a perfect dash, but you'll never get to enjoy it. Good news for the guy who buys your truck when you decide to sell it. 😜

Merry Christmas.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

I respect that answer! At the end of the day it’s your truck so do whatever you like! There’s plenty of things people don’t like about my truck also but until they’re making the payment who cares what they think lol

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I respect that answer! At the end of the day it’s your truck so do whatever you like! There’s plenty of things people don’t like about my truck also but until they’re making the payment who cares what they think lol
Appreciate that. Although, don’t see why anyone would hate on your truck. I think it’s absolutely, perfectly gorgeous! 👍

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Appreciate that. Although, don’t see why anyone would hate on your truck. I think it’s absolutely, perfectly gorgeous! 👍
Thanks! I appreciate that! But just like your truck is super bad a$$, some people are always going to hate on certain things just because they have different preferences. Some people hate the orange on my truck, some hate that the front is a little taller than the rear, some hate my skeeeet badges 😂 at the end of the day it’s all about what makes you happy. As long as you don’t slap on every chrome accessory from autozone.! If you do that, well then you’re a lost cause lol

Users who are viewing this thread