5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah, wasn't sure if i was going to like them... been pretty happy with them so far.

i had the decked drawer system in my 2500 that i traded. couldn't wait to get it in the new truck. debating whether i want to put a tonneau cover on.
no wonder it looks different than mine lol
if you're not gonna do bed rack or anything then just put a cover on it i guess. if you gonna do bed rack there are some that works with covers but most don't

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hit up Dirt King Fabrication. They will have their LT kit coming out late next year. Gives me time to save up. As far as the Rack and everything shifting, there's gotta be a way to secure it tightly.
fuhhhhh i did not know that or else i'd wait. I just put my fox kit on today but i need to adjust it tomorrow. tonight truck sleeps at the shop

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
fuhhhhh i did not know that or else i'd wait. I just put my fox kit on today but i need to adjust it tomorrow. tonight truck sleeps at the shop
I got all kinds of ideas running through my head. Decided the truck is going to stay the way it is and I'm going to build a dedicated off-road vehicle. Don't want to mess up my pretty truck lol

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got all kinds of ideas running through my head. Decided the truck is going to stay the way it is and I'm going to build a dedicated off-road vehicle. Don't want to mess up my pretty truck lol
hahaha i don't have a third parking space or else i'd do a dedicated off-road vehicle too. maybe when i move to TN or somewhere outside of commiefailnia then i can do that.
right now garage is occupied by my e90 m3 that i use for cruising and clearing my head since that car has been my dream ride since 2009.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hahaha i don't have a third parking space or else i'd do a dedicated off-road vehicle too. maybe when i move to TN or somewhere outside of commiefailnia then i can do that.
right now garage is occupied by my e90 m3 that i use for cruising and clearing my head since that car has been my dream ride since 2009.
I too would like to leave this state at some point. I have a 45 foot long driveway though so I can fit it. My wife may not like it lol.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Began the install for Fox kit today instead of tomorrow. I did the entire install in about 7 hours.

thumbnail_IMG_2985.jpg
However, after I came down the lift one found one glaring issue:
thumbnail_IMG_2992.jpg
Front is sitting high
thumbnail_IMG_2993.jpg
Rear is sitting way too low. lower than before.

My guess is the front preload is too high, which in term pushes down the rear.
I highly doubt it is the rear spring issue, as I opted for the HD springs from Carli which, according to my email exchange with them, is more than enough to handle the weight of RTT, Decked, and Bed Rack.

I will take measurement tomorrow from floor to fender for the front and see if they are around 40". I will also check the boxes for Carli part numbers and hopefully they didn't send me the wrong part.

Edit: Upon further investigation and double checking the order, turned out shop ordered the standard coil instead of HD coils and I didn't catch it. Will try to remedy that tomorrow.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Began the install for Fox kit today instead of tomorrow. I did the entire install in about 7 hours.

View attachment 146668
However, after I came down the lift one found one glaring issue:
View attachment 146667
Front is sitting high
View attachment 146666
Rear is sitting way too low. lower than before.

My guess is the front preload is too high, which in term pushes down the rear.
I highly doubt it is the rear spring issue, as I opted for the HD springs from Carli which, according to my email exchange with them, is more than enough to handle the weight of RTT, Decked, and Bed Rack.

I will take measurement tomorrow from floor to fender for the front and see if they are around 40". I will also check the boxes for Carli part numbers and hopefully they didn't send me the wrong part.

Edit: Upon further investigation and double checking the order, turned out shop ordered the standard coil instead of HD coils and I didn't catch it. Will try to remedy that tomorrow.
Another thing to check. If you changed UCAs, and you torqued the control arm bolts down while the truck was still in the air the don't will sit higher, but eventually settle. But it's hard on the UCA bushings. Always lower vehicle and compress suspension before torquing down your suspension bolts.

tabber02

Reaction score
no wonder it looks different than mine lol
if you're not gonna do bed rack or anything then just put a cover on it i guess. if you gonna do bed rack there are some that works with covers but most don't
i haven't been looking too hard yet - but have thought about a rack. didn't think any of them would work with the ram boxes. found a tonneau cover i like the Truxedo Pro X15. might just go down that route....

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another thing to check. If you changed UCAs, and you torqued the control arm bolts down while the truck was still in the air the don't will sit higher, but eventually settle. But it's hard on the UCA bushings. Always lower vehicle and compress suspension before torquing down your suspension bolts.

X2. Suspension bolts should always be tightened when the truck is on the ground under full load. The bushings will be damaged otherwise. This applies to front and rear.

Last edited:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Reinstalled my active grill shutters in anticipation of the upcoming ice and salt parade. Only took an hour start to finish, but I somehow feel it went quicker when I removed them. I did see slightly lower temps when it was really hot out, but I don't know if it was enough to warrant removing them again next year. Guess we'll see how bored I am when Spring comes around 😁

broman66

Reaction score
Finished up my lift and wheels/tires. Had to trim a little bit of plastic and zip tie a couple spots. Looks clean in my opinion though. Shout-out to @lapoolboy for the deal on the lift.

Still looking for someone to buy my OEM wheels and Nitto tires....
where do you live? I may be interested in the wheel tire package. assuming they are night editions.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Reinstalled my active grill shutters in anticipation of the upcoming ice and salt parade. Only took an hour start to finish, but I somehow feel it went quicker when I removed them. I did see slightly lower temps when it was really hot out, but I don't know if it was enough to warrant removing them again next year. Guess we'll see how bored I am when Spring comes around 😁
If your thermostat is working properly, you shouldn't see any difference in engine temps

Users who are viewing this thread