5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me to.. but $85??

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
i can confirm with personal experience in my friend's Tacoma that thing makes your seating experience a lot more better if your current sitting position is not satisfactory, even with the leg support raised up and butt cushion lowered all the way to bottom. For now my factory seat feels fine but I won't know for sure if i really need one until I do a long trip.

In my 4Runner i was fine with the seat (leg support raise up to the highest position and butt support lowered to the lowest position) for years until I start doing long expeditions starting 2020.
Coincidentally 2020 was also when I took a part time office job that has an office chair lacking proper lumbar support while my two other jobs are performed mostly standing, I get this uneasiness in the back area. I got by with occasional visits to my chiropractor's to get it corrected, and get massaged to relax the muscles, but after a few months the problem come back. I thought about getting those for the 4R but didn't have the chance.

Now, the Rebel's seat is mostly comfortable for me and I've yet to have this problem since I'm on the build phase, but hopefully I can plan a shakedown run soon enough to see if I have this back problem or not.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have my seat tilted all the way down to keep my hips flexed less for comfort. Everyone’s gonna be a little different there anatomically.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I have my seat tilted all the way down to keep my hips flexed less for comfort. Everyone’s gonna be a little different there anatomically.
I could definitely see that if you have hip pain. For back pain I personally feel like raising it up helps a lot because it puts your back in a more relaxed state pressed against the lumbar support. I already had one back surgery and I’m going for my second, so any relief I can get I’ll take!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I could definitely see that if you have hip pain. For back pain I personally feel like raising it up helps a lot because it puts your back in a more relaxed state pressed against the lumbar support. I already had one back surgery and I’m going for my second, so any relief I can get I’ll take!

Holy crap, that sucks man - good luck! I have some back issues also - mild scoliosis, minor disc bulge, arthritis, & degenerative disc. But it affects us all differently obviously. My back is a lot worse than my hips - my hips just get crazy tight bc I’m driving for hours on end several days/weeks in a row. So far the best thing I’ve done is physical therapy to try to prevent going under the blade.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happy Holidays all!
77d9c7909c2b7ae80fccd7587e428917.jpg
You’ve got your red and green lights mixed up. Green should be on the starboard (passenger) side and red to port (driver’s side). LOL
Happy Holidays to you as well.

esquare

Reaction score
Not "today", but over the past week: debadged it, detailed it, polished and sealed the paint, installed a Bedrug and a Truxedo Pro X15 Tonneau cover.

Monday she goes in for a clear bra and ceramic window tint (all windows).
How did you seal the paint? I like the clear bra idea but I have a ceramic coating on my Ram and I don't think the clear bra material will stick on top of the ceramic. Plus, the front end is already damaged by 50k of driving so it probably wouldn't be much use on my truck. Maybe the next one.

raygun9

Reaction score
Haha I’m not familiar with all their products, but they definitely make the seat jackers for our trucks! They still have 15% off right now too. I thought it was kinda dumb to spend $85 on a couple billet spacers, but I’m glad I did!
whats the discount code.. :)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol yeah wise guy so do I, but it doesn’t raise the front nearly enough - even if the front is maxed and the back is low. These make a world of difference for comfort, leg support, and I guess stability (you feel much more planted in the seat).
I guess mine does for me. I actually don't even have it fully lifted in the front. Being tall seat adjustments are easy for me. Sear all the way back, rear bottom all the way down front, usually all the way up. Then just adjust seat back tilt to my liking. Usually if someone else drives the truck, like service tech or lot porter at dealer they only adjust forward/backwards. Don't have to search for that sweet spot in the middle just move it all the way back

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I've had 3 back surgeries in 2 years and have to run my seat in a more neutral position. I also have to run the lumbar support completely flat. When I saw that you raised the front of your seat 1", the first thing I thought was how much that would kill my back. :LOL:

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oil change last night. Man I love air suspension for helping a fat boy fit under the truck.
Right at a 10k mile interval using the on board indicator.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i can confirm with personal experience in my friend's Tacoma that thing makes your seating experience a lot more better if your current sitting position is not satisfactory, even with the leg support raised up and butt cushion lowered all the way to bottom. For now my factory seat feels fine but I won't know for sure if i really need one until I do a long trip.

In my 4Runner i was fine with the seat (leg support raise up to the highest position and butt support lowered to the lowest position) for years until I start doing long expeditions starting 2020.
Coincidentally 2020 was also when I took a part time office job that has an office chair lacking proper lumbar support while my two other jobs are performed mostly standing, I get this uneasiness in the back area. I got by with occasional visits to my chiropractor's to get it corrected, and get massaged to relax the muscles, but after a few months the problem come back. I thought about getting those for the 4R but didn't have the chance.

Now, the Rebel's seat is mostly comfortable for me and I've yet to have this problem since I'm on the build phase, but hopefully I can plan a shakedown run soon enough to see if I have this back problem or not.

I'm glad I read this, and went back a few pages of this thread to realize that Desert Does It is making Seat Jackers for the current RAM. I thought it was Toyota's only, and remember lots of my Toyota buddies loving the product.

I have now been getting lower back pain, even with my rear seat down and the front up, I am not getting enough support. This could be my fix, will be ordering these today!

tdager

Reaction score
Drove it to my mechanic to have 2 snapped exhaust flange bolts drilled out and replaced .
Ha, had to have the same thing done on my truck a month ago. Sucks as I was out of warranty on something that should NOT have broken so soon.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I've had 3 back surgeries in 2 years and have to run my seat in a more neutral position. I also have to run the lumbar support completely flat. When I saw that you raised the front of your seat 1", the first thing I thought was how much that would kill my back. :LOL:
Oh wow! That really sucks man I’m sorry. Everybody’s different! That’s nice you get to run it in a neutral position and save $85 haha

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Holy crap, that sucks man - good luck! I have some back issues also - mild scoliosis, minor disc bulge, arthritis, & degenerative disc. But it affects us all differently obviously. My back is a lot worse than my hips - my hips just get crazy tight bc I’m driving for hours on end several days/weeks in a row. So far the best thing I’ve done is physical therapy to try to prevent going under the blade.
Thanks man! Good luck with yours as well

lrrltt

Reaction score
Hi

I noticed that you have the drop in bed liner from Ram, did you have to cut the bed liner for the install? I am getting a lot of leaks at the Bulkhead.
Mine is just the Gator FX. Gets hotter than hell to touch in the summer. I personally like matte black better. Just depends on what you want.
View attachment 144644

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing to the truck, it's still at the shop getting new front bumper made for it. But finally got the initial BTS badge I had made, that didn't match my ceramic Gray paint, put in my dart board in the basement. PXL_20221207_220012441.jpg

70runner

Reaction score
so how do you like you new wheel? confort of it in your hands and also the heating, is it as good as original heat and distribution wise? does it heat all around?
Really like the grip, wider, more comfortable. Not much call for the heating function here in SOCAL, did verify it works pretty much as with OE wheel.

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Hi

I noticed that you have the drop in bed liner from Ram, did you have to cut the bed liner for the install? I am getting a lot of leaks at the Bulkhead.
That drop in line came out within about the first week I bought the truck. Got it spray lined before I ever put the cover on it.

RamAddic

Reaction score
Ha, had to have the same thing done on my truck a month ago. Sucks as I was out of warranty on something that should NOT have broken so soon.
Definitely an item that should be recalled or bulletin issued with all warranty work covered whether in or out of warranty. The answer I finally got from corporate is that it looks like it may be a future recall so save your receipt from your mechanic for reimbursement. I’ll hold my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread