5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Installed Rough Country 2inch strut lift in the front. Now it looks like the back needs about a 1 inch lift. Should i wait till after i put spacers in the rear to get alignment done ? Or is ok to do the front wheel alignment.
Post back on the ride after a break in period. Looking at the same set up.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Installed Rough Country 2inch strut lift in the front. Now it looks like the back needs about a 1 inch lift. Should i wait till after i put spacers in the rear to get alignment done ? Or is ok to do the front wheel alignment.
How long are we talking about waiting? A couple days -- who cares? A month -- get it aligned.
I can't imagine a 2" lift not affecting camber so you'll need an alignment and you'll end up paying for a second alignment later.

If I remember my Trigonometry, 1" rise on a 145" wheelbase equals 1.2 degrees. So if you get it aligned now, your Caster will be off by that much when the rear is done. Will it affect tire wear? Probably not. But since they work the two eccentrics to adjust Caster and Camber together, it's gonna affect things.

70runner

Reaction score
Installed carbon fiber steering wheel w/heat. Ebay, shipped from China, same factory that supplies US, about $300 less than US distributors. Uses factory frame. Heating connectors are not factory, so some splicing is required.

installed.jpg

lapoolboy

Reaction score
I heard they come with two different ways to mount the top bolt on the frame. The same way as factory or drill out the threads in the frame and mount their way. Is this true?
They come with an extra pair of bushings & bolts in smaller sizes if you want to install them the same way as factory (using the welded nut on the frame).

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I heard they come with two different ways to mount the top bolt on the frame. The same way as factory or drill out the threads in the frame and mount their way. Is this true?
I used the smaller bushings with the factory bolts and it worked out great. Mounted right up to the Hellwig with no issues.

raygun9

Reaction score
Installed carbon fiber steering wheel w/heat. Ebay, shipped from China, same factory that supplies US, about $300 less than US distributors. Uses factory frame. Heating connectors are not factory, so some splicing is required.

View attachment 145166
Nice!!

Did you paint the ram head on the airbag or is that an overlay?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

raygun9

Reaction score
For 2022 the emblem is black on night edition. I put the black one in my Laramie, but I wanted the black shifter knob cap to match. I can’t figure out how to get one without ordering the whole shifter unit.
How did you swap out the ram emblem on the wheel? I thought it was part of the air bag system...

frisby5

Reaction score
How long are we talking about waiting? A couple days -- who cares? A month -- get it aligned.
I can't imagine a 2" lift not affecting camber so you'll need an alignment and you'll end up paying for a second alignment later.

If I remember my Trigonometry, 1" rise on a 145" wheelbase equals 1.2 degrees. So if you get it aligned now, your Caster will be off by that much when the rear is done. Will it affect tire wear? Probably not. But since they work the two eccentrics to adjust Caster and Camber together, it's gonna affect things.
I dont really have to drive the truck much i have two other cars and im gonna buy bigger tires in a month or so.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed SDHQ Ditch light Brackets and reinstalled my old BD Squadron Sports and TRAM HAM Antenna that I took off from my 4Runner. I should've bought new Squadron faceplates and new antenna but... why waste money just to look good? Not like Im sponsored or anything.
Also installed SDHQ Terminal kit to clean up my wiring at the battery, since I need to add one more power cable from battery and will need multiple grounds for all the lights and stuff I planned to add.
Finally, extended and hid the ditch light wires as the originally supplied harness was not long enough for a full size truck. I took off the plastic plugs and hid all the wires under the plastic cover. There are plenty of room under the plastic cover for that.
thumbnail_IMG_2907.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2908.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2909.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2910.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2911.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2912.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2913.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed SDHQ Ditch light Brackets and reinstalled my old BD Squadron Sports and TRAM HAM Antenna that I took off from my 4Runner. I should've bought new Squadron faceplates and new antenna but... why waste money just to look good? Not like Im sponsored or anything.
Also installed SDHQ Terminal kit to clean up my wiring at the battery, since I need to add one more power cable from battery and will need multiple grounds for all the lights and stuff I planned to add.
Finally, extended and hid the ditch light wires as the originally supplied harness was not long enough for a full size truck. I took off the plastic plugs and hid all the wires under the plastic cover. There are plenty of room under the plastic cover for that.
View attachment 145311 View attachment 145312 View attachment 145313 View attachment 145314 View attachment 145315 View attachment 145316 View attachment 145317
I forgot to add: i also didmy 500 mile oil change. Was supposed to do it before Thanksgiving but shop was closed and I don't have the keys, and we've been busy after Thanksgiving. Ended up changing the oil and filter at 800 miles.
Oil looked very clean.

Users who are viewing this thread