5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Drove it for the first time in a week up my Christmas nightmare street.
786552e11ca41e38062264170c845877.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do the 22's have LED cargo and 3rd brake lights? My cargo lights were pathetic until I replaced them with Lasfit LED's.

View attachment 144730
Apparently only if you get the camera up there. My truck has lights all over, and all LED except third brake light and cargo. Looked kinda silly. Bought some cheap Amazon LED's someone on here recommended. They work great.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Apparently only if you get the camera up there. My truck has lights all over, and all LED except third brake light and cargo. Looked kinda silly. Bought some cheap Amazon LED's someone on here recommended. They work great.

This pic that @Unclepoot posted, sure looks like LED's.

427E7ECD-6948-4891-B00E-865E82FFB3B4.jpeg

Unclepoot

Reaction score
Do the 22's have LED cargo and 3rd brake lights? My cargo lights were pathetic until I replaced them with Lasfit LED's.

View attachment 144730
To be honest I’m not really sure. Headlights and taillights are LED, and I don’t have the cargo cam. Nothing shows up on the window sticker for upgraded lights other than the night edition light bezels. Also, if it makes any difference; that pic was prior to tinting the 3rd brake light.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spent the weekend at my Dad's farm in Alabama. got some solid clay under the fenders. We did some shooting, long drives / hikes and even got the truck stuck after a hard rain but made it out after a bit of push & pull in 4 wheel drive. Great time hanging out with dad. Now that I'm in North Carolina, I'm only 6 hours from Dad. Haven't lived this close to him since I was 18 when I moved to California.

TvhuaNJ.jpeg
wy5gWD8.jpeg
VTxxTcN.jpeg
1Zp4kOr.jpeg
ABKru7U.jpeg
M2rgPjW.jpeg
317XEJx.jpeg
KQM1by1.jpeg
CZH0CzB.jpeg
Nwpgb51.jpeg
wNWfPQ4.jpeg

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spent the weekend at my Dad's farm in Alabama. got some solid clay under the fenders. We did some shooting, long drives / hikes and even got the truck stuck after a hard rain but made it out after a bit of push & pull in 4 wheel drive. Great time hanging out with dad. Now that I'm in North Carolina, I'm only 6 hours from Dad. Haven't lived this close to him since I was 18 when I moved to California.

TvhuaNJ.jpeg
wy5gWD8.jpeg
VTxxTcN.jpeg
1Zp4kOr.jpeg
ABKru7U.jpeg
M2rgPjW.jpeg
317XEJx.jpeg
KQM1by1.jpeg
CZH0CzB.jpeg
Nwpgb51.jpeg
wNWfPQ4.jpeg
Cherish those moments bro!!

Idahoktm

Reaction score
To be honest I’m not really sure. Headlights and taillights are LED, and I don’t have the cargo cam. Nothing shows up on the window sticker for upgraded lights other than the night edition light bezels. Also, if it makes any difference; that pic was prior to tinting the 3rd brake light.

Before I tinted my 3rd brake light, the cargo lights were still sort of amber looking.

Reaction score
I have the MBRP muffler. How's it sound with the B2 deletes?
IMO it sounds much better with the res delete. There is definitely more low end grunt and overall volume is higher. Doesn’t really drone either- still able to make phone calls through CarPlay @70+ without having to yell. The cold starts are pretty loud (and it’s awesome!!) but it mellows out. I’m pretty happy with the combo I’ve got.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not today but this long weekend: pt 1
Installed Chassis Unlimited Bed Rack
35CC7B8D-61E4-4EFC-8B53-6C5A7E0F0AFB.JPG 50EF59B5-E933-4307-9386-095C662B5FD7.JPG
Also put on the Rotopax Mounts
349A8F40-8129-406C-B8C6-A0E09EAF47A2.JPG
Installed NH Overland Switch-Pros Mount and wiring:
B30B545B-8CC6-4D29-9AA8-4890EA93EA9D.JPG
*I took this off my 4Runner. I put this on 5 years ago and it was the first time I did electrical work with no prior experience or guidence. I cut all the harness to length back then so I ended up extended all of them this time. If I bought a new panel for the Rebel it'd look way more decent
IMG_2827.jpg
Fed 3 harnesses through the rubber grommet. Two going into the cab are Switch-Pros controller and a 8 gauge power and ground harness for interior power distribution panel. One coming out from the cab is HAM radio antenna. The 8 gauge wire is constant on, hooked directly to the battery via a Blue Sea Circuit Breaker that I mounted on the battery box.
5F23AF80-9CD6-444E-80EF-1A657EEE0A34.JPG
Made a mount for driver side rear seat with scrap wood from my woodworking days. Painted blue not because I wanted to match but because I ran out of black paint so might as well use blue.
Installed the HAM radio brain and Blue Sea Fuse Block w/ ground there. Instead of hiding the wires under all the trim pieces I elected to just ran them under the slush mat and followed the contour of the in-floor bin. I chose to run it that way because I couldn't fit both 8 gauge harness and the antenna wire under the door sills and B-pillar trims.
CACD3B5F-7F5A-46E9-ACAB-3921B12F158C.JPG
And completely out of view when the seat is down.
I use a fuse block because once I figure out how to secure my fridge in there I'll power the fridge directly to the fuse block.

thumbnail_IMG_2845.jpg
Also removed the head unit to install ICS dash mount. Normally this doesn't require removal of head unit, but since I am running the harness for my HAM display through under the dash, I had to drill both the mount and the dash pen holder. While I was at it, I drilled additional holes on the pen holder to use the included bolts to further secure the dash mount.
thumbnail_IMG_2849.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2851.jpg
I am still trying to find a solution to mount my Android tablet on the dash mount while not getting in the way of windshield AND head unit. I use a $100 Samsung tablet as dedicated offroad navigation through Gaia GPS. None of the hardware I have (RAM Mounts and Arms) allow a fully obstruction-free view of the windshield and the 12in display. I may need to order extensions but I am unsure how sturdy that would be for high speed runs.
If I cannot find any solution I'll have to go down that path OR get used to the limited features of Gaia on CarPlay. Unless I can run both CarPlay AND Android Auto at the same time then that solves my problem.

Continue in part 2 since I can't attach more than 10 photos in one post.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not today but this long weekend: part 2

thumbnail_IMG_2854.jpg
I then removed the floor console to mount my Switch-Pros control panel.
thumbnail_IMG_2855.jpg
Floor console had to be removed because I routed the harness under the dash. I then drill holes on that rubber piece to mount them. If anyone knows the part number for that rubber piece please let me know! I would like to have one just in case if I decide to move the panel.
thumbnail_IMG_2856.jpg
Put them all back together and confirmed everything works.

thumbnail_IMG_2872.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2873.jpg
Also installed bed rails too. I may or may not have stripped a few nutserts but they felt tight and secured. I did it using the M6x1 bolt, nut, and washer method since I don't have access to torque wrench until next week, and the box for these rails are taking too much space in the garage.

thumbnail_IMG_2876.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2877.jpg
Finally, I put on the magnetic flags that I got from Tactilian earlier this year. I removed these from the 4Runner before I sold it.

Not pictured:
I put in the third tank of gas this truck ever has. First tank was from the dealer and when I put gas in today the truck's sitting at about 624 miles on the clock. I am waiting for it to hit 1000 miles and then I'll change the oil and filter.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2855.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2855.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 29

Users who are viewing this thread