5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The remote display also has a silence button. It is easier for me to reach down (mostly sideways) than it is to reach up to hit the button. Also, the main unit is hanging in mid air as opposed to the remote which is surrounded, easier to locate without having to look. That being said, it was easier for me to connect both units. Just two screws, and the console come off. I hate fishing thru the A-pillar and across the headliner. Done that too many times on too many vehicles.
Two 10mm bolts on the a pillar and it comes right off. No fishing necessary.

Tesla

Reaction score
Tried out a new car wash that opened today and afterwards noticed this on the passenger door trim and taillight. I originally thought it was just dented, but after looking closer it seems like something melted. Looked at pictures I took of the truck yesterday and don't notice any damage to the taillight so it must've happened today. Trying to decide if I should leave it like it is, or replace the taillight. Haven't noticed any issues with the blind spot monitors yet.

Attachments

• IMG_7758.jpg
    IMG_7758.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_7736.jpg
    IMG_7736.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_7738.jpg
    IMG_7738.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 155

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well i called uconnect support today because traffic won't show on my uconnect 5 12in navi and weather doesn't work.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tried out a new car wash that opened today and afterwards noticed this on the passenger door trim and taillight. I originally thought it was just dented, but after looking closer it seems like something melted. Looked at pictures I took of the truck yesterday and don't notice any damage to the taillight so it must've happened today. Trying to decide if I should leave it like it is, or replace the taillight. Haven't noticed any issues with the blind spot monitors yet.
Are you thinking that the dryers at the new car wash melted your plastic?

Tesla

Reaction score
Are you thinking that the dryers at the new car wash melted your plastic?
I don't think they get hot enough to melt it, I could be wrong though. I was thinking maybe something in the taillight got hot and caused it, but that wouldn't explain the door trim

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't think they get hot enough to melt it, I could be wrong though. I was thinking maybe something in the taillight got hot and caused it, but that wouldn't explain the door trim
Where have you parked? Anywhere where there could be a reflection off something.

Had to put tint on one of my father's windows because the reflection was causing the neighbors vinyl siding to distort. Also standing in the front of the house I could feel the heat from another window's reflection.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where have you parked? Anywhere where there could be a reflection of something. Had to put tint on my father's window because the reflection was causing
Causing what

Tesla

Reaction score
@Eighty How are you liking your TRX? I ordered a near fully loaded one in April, and it arrived 3 weeks ago to the dealership with the back door and rocker panel damaged. They said it would take a few weeks to get it into their body shop because they were overbooked, and it needed to be repaired before they can finalize the sale. They ended up refunding my deposit and now its listed for sale on their site

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Eighty How are you liking your TRX? I ordered a near fully loaded one in April, and it arrived 3 weeks ago to the dealership with the back door and rocker panel damaged. They said it would take a few weeks to get it into their body shop because they were overbooked, and it needed to be repaired before they can finalize the sale. They ended up refunding my deposit and now its listed for sale on their site
Gah, sorry to hear that! Did they ask you if you still wanted it, or did you refuse delivery?
I absolutely love mine. Aside from the common driveline clunk, it’s basically perfect. I’ve never had a vehicle that I liked more than this one. The power is incredible, and it brings a smile to my face every time I climb up into it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dropped it off at a "local* shop to get a new steel front bumper made for it. My truck will be his R&D vehicle for the 5th Gen 1500s as it will be the first one he has made a bumper for. He has them for every other generation, including the 2019+ HD trucks. I have localnin quotes because it's still an hour and a half drive to get there. But guaranteed not to be another Ram with the same bumper in my area for a while.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dropped it off at a "local* shop to get a new steel front bumper made for it. My truck will be his R&D vehicle for the 5th Gen 1500s as it will be the first one he has made a bumper for. He has them for every other generation, including the 2019+ HD trucks. I have localnin quotes because it's still an hour and a half drive to get there. But guaranteed not to be another Ram with the same bumper in my area for a while.

I have a similar setup with my 00 Jeep Cherokee front bumper. It was never put into production so the guy that made one for his Cherokee & myself are the only ones that have it, & that’s if he even has his Jeep anymore since that was shoot, about 10-11 years ago. I really like having that individuality. Plus it’s like having a shelf & seat for my a** when working around the engine bay since I can barely reach the center. 😆

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Gah, sorry to hear that! Did they ask you if you still wanted it, or did you refuse delivery?
I absolutely love mine. Aside from the common driveline clunk, it’s basically perfect. I’ve never had a vehicle that I liked more than this one. The power is incredible, and it brings a smile to my face every time I climb up into it.
I'd certainly refuse it too. I would never accept delivery of a brand-new vehicle with damage that has to be repaired before I even get the keys.....unless....they take a LOT off the price and the damage is minor.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well my morning certainly didn't go as planned.

Little old grandpa dude decided it was okay to go for a drive without a valid license and pull out across my lane. Had no way to avoid the ensuing T-bone.

Now 'Stryker' has to bear the brunt of it...

View attachment 144376 View attachment 144377
Is it surprising that the airbags didn't deploy? I keep looking back at these pics and can't quite wrap my head around them not going off?

🤔🤔

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it surprising that the airbags didn't deploy? I keep looking back at these pics and can't quite wrap my head around them not going off?

🤔🤔
The airbag system has some very xo plex computations that go on to determine if airbags are needed or not. Many different factors are involved including speed, gforces, and braking. Older air bag systems would frequently deploy when there wasn't a need and actually cause more injuries than if they hadn't deployed

gofishn

Reaction score

🤔🤔
Because it was not a hard enough hit and the sensors did get set off. Probably just to each side of the biggest indentation. Notice the side of the bumper hardly moved, at all. Guessing, at moment of impact, speed was 15mph or lower, or the sensors themselves detected it as such.

Anything over 15mph, they go off or are supposed to, last I knew.
Called the 5/15 mph Bumper, back in the day. speeds of 5mph or less,no damage should be detected on vehcile, over 15mph, bags deploy and fuel shuts off.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because it was not a hard enough hit and the sensors did get set off. Probably just to each side of the biggest indentation. Notice the side of the bumper hardly moved, at all. Guessing, at moment of impact, speed was 15mph or lower, or the sensors themselves detected it as such.

Anything over 15mph, they go off or are supposed to, last I knew.
Called the 5/15 mph Bumper, back in the day. speeds of 5mph or less,no damage should be detected on vehcile, over 15mph, bags deploy and fuel shuts off.

Fair.

The engine did shut down on its own, but I am sure I was going faster than 15mph so that part is a little fuzzy for me.

Thanks for the learning though.

Users who are viewing this thread