5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Those numbers are rated at the crank, not to the wheels.

Yes the truck is tuned. Was not dyno tuned. I only did a few pulls on the dyno out of curiosity

Post a better picture of the graph, curious as to what average power looks like

j2ttu

Reaction score
Installed a BakFlip X4S tonneau cover. I was able to install the X4S over my BillieBars.
There is just a slight lift in the middle. Eventually I will around to using silicon/weather proofing to fill in the small gap between the X4S rails and BillieBars mount.
Looks great to me.

Attachments

• PXL_20221120_190308632.jpg
    PXL_20221120_190308632.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 114
  • PXL_20221120_205550095.jpg
    PXL_20221120_205550095.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 114
  • PXL_20221120_205617269.jpg
    PXL_20221120_205617269.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 113
  • PXL_20221120_205631370.jpg
    PXL_20221120_205631370.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 110
  • PXL_20221120_210712473.jpg
    PXL_20221120_210712473.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 109
  • PXL_20221120_210722505.jpg
    PXL_20221120_210722505.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 111

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the best of both worlds.
This is my convertible/truck. “Ruby” A fun toy! 300hp 327ci.
In storage for the winter.

View attachment 144228
View attachment 144229
View attachment 144231
View attachment 144230
View attachment 144232
I used to think they were decent looking, but now they just look like a new VW Beetle with a bed. And the performance is lackluster. Chevy missed the mark with them. They were overpriced when new, which is why they didnt sell very well.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed a BakFlip X4S tonneau cover. I was able to install the X4S over my BillieBars.
There is just a slight lift in the middle. Eventually I will around to using silicon/weather proofing to fill in the small gap between the X4S rails and BillieBars mount.
Looks great to me.
Nice! does the X4S still function as designed? Rolls up and clears your bars okay? Doesn’t look like much clearance under them.

j2ttu

Reaction score
Nice! does the X4S still function as designed? Rolls up and clears your bars okay? Doesn’t look like much clearance under them.
It not as easily rolled up to start for sure. I have to slide it under the first bar, then roll it up. I can roll it all the way up to the second bar.
I figure if I need the entire bed, then I would've removed the bars anyways so it's not a big deal. I think I will move the bar closest to the cab further back, so that I can have more room to roll the cover up. It was either this cover or the peragon cover, but peragon cover was a bit more expensive, and I figure I'd eventually get the BakBox to go with this cover.

Tesla

Reaction score
New tires should be arriving tomorrow, now I just need to replace my wiper blades. Any recommendations?

Av1

Reaction score
After the bedrug install didn't like the unfinished appearance around the bed lights. Had a couple spare kydex sheets, so milled one to produce a couple bed light frames attached to the inner fender.

View attachment 144294
That was a good idea. It looks like a clean installation.

meansteve69

Reaction score
Completely broke down out of nowhere just driving down the road.

Effectively brand new 2022 with 5,800miles.

Engine died/shutoff so I coasted to a stop. Every light on the dash came on. Shut it down, checked the oil/engine whatever - nothing leaking. Didn’t see anything obviously wrong with it… tried to start it up - wouldn’t start and honestly made a horrible metallic noise that made me cringgge.

No idea what’s wrong with it. Just towed to the nearest dealer. Hopefully they’ll get to it at some point Monday… View attachment 144199

Monday Afternoon Update - nothing.

shop didnt even look at it today - scheduled for 8AM tomorrow

super disappointed obviously but i really cant believe chrysler/ram/etc hasnt been able to hook me up with a rental/loaner or anything yet. Chrysler road side assistance was of no help either. the soonest tow was going to be monday (broke down sat afternoon) so I had to go thru my own car insurance.

And because they havent had a chance to even look at it yet, they cant provide a vehicle for me, if "needed". i made a few calls and could have a rental by now if ABSOLUTELY necessary but i have no guarantees on reimbursement...

i travel all the time for work. I need to be in NY soon for thanksgiving, then off to NJ, FL or TX, Vegas.. etc etc I bought a brand new truck with that specifically in mind. I need something I can pack a week-month+ worth of stuff into and hit the road at a moments notice... i was just driving thru the middle of nowhere appalachia mountains... i couldve broke down middle of F-N nowhere and, under the same circumstances, been totally stranded by chrysler. thank God for Geico and uber... unfortunately.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its happens unfortunately.. hopefully the dealer can get you fixed up and on your way the timing sucks but its typically the dealer that provides the loaner and/or rental some are better then others. It could be a issue with any manufacturer not just Chrysler keep that in mind.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Monday Afternoon Update - nothing.

shop didnt even look at it today - scheduled for 8AM tomorrow

super disappointed obviously but i really cant believe chrysler/ram/etc hasnt been able to hook me up with a rental/loaner or anything yet. Chrysler road side assistance was of no help either. the soonest tow was going to be monday (broke down sat afternoon) so I had to go thru my own car insurance.

And because they havent had a chance to even look at it yet, they cant provide a vehicle for me, if "needed". i made a few calls and could have a rental by now if ABSOLUTELY necessary but i have no guarantees on reimbursement...

i travel all the time for work. I need to be in NY soon for thanksgiving, then off to NJ, FL or TX, Vegas.. etc etc I bought a brand new truck with that specifically in mind. I need something I can pack a week-month+ worth of stuff into and hit the road at a moments notice... i was just driving thru the middle of nowhere appalachia mountains... i couldve broke down middle of F-N nowhere and, under the same circumstances, been totally stranded by chrysler. thank God for Geico and uber... unfortunately.
Wow that sucks. They should give you a loaner no questions asked. The fact they just let you fend for yourself is really sad. Guess after delivery and kissing *** every chance they can to get perfect survey scores the exceptional service ends there. Pathetic. The service following well after the sale is going to retain future customers. I guess these days with the demand how it is that doesn’t even matter at all anymore.😡

meansteve69

Reaction score
yeah the timing is... well it'd be hard to imagine worse timing honestly.

apparently the standard warranty doesnt cover a rental car. she made it sound like everything was "per basis" and hard to pinpoint an actual budget - kept referring back to the fact no one has any idea as to the extent of the issue. and i kept reminding her the problem is my brand new truck doesnt work right now regardless

assured me I'd be reimbursed for the uber rides i took and that if I needed something right now i'd most likely get reimbursed but i'm not risking that. heck i dont want to pay for anything till this truck is running again. even then im gonna be paranoid driving this thing... really second guessing the whole decision.. basically test drove every truck under the sun over the last year or so and settled here.

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Reminds me I need to get an SFI damper bought for my Dakota
What year? I had a 99 red single-cab. Mopar Performance intake, headers, Flowmaster with dumps....etc etc. I loved that truck....RIP

Users who are viewing this thread