5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The shop just did my ceramic coating will re-apply on any panels that had to be repainted after going to body shop. They don't charge, but if they did, it would be part of insurance claim.
Good to know and that's a good idea of having it included with insurance.

TSL

Reaction score
Camping season in the Pacific Northwest is over ( well, for mostly fair weather campers anyway! ), so I took the roof top tent off the truck.
I got a Harken brand cargo hoist from Amazon that's rated for 200lbs. ( Harken model 7806 )
The tent ( 23 Zero Kabari hard shell ) is 175lb.
Measuring and getting everything aligned and figuring out where to put it took most of the time ( garage door opener to avoid, light fixtures to avoid etc )
Other than that it worked well and it's nicely up and out of the way and will be easy to put on when needed again.
I think I'm going to put a ratchet tie-down strap around it as well, "just in case" !

Attachments

• 20221117_000534_resized.jpg
    20221117_000534_resized.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 20221116_235745.jpg
    20221116_235745.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 128

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck has said front parksense unavailable, service required since earlier this year. No sensors seem to be damaged or any wires that im seeing unplugged. Any ideas?
You might want to start your own thread in the appropriate area.

Ramisgood

Reaction score
Want to get new tires with the winter coming up. Something that doesn't cause too much road noise but handles well in the snow. Was looking at the Michelin Defender LTX. Any of you recommend these, or is there something better?
I have used them on my trucks since they came out. Don't get the warrantied mileage from them as I have 1 1/2 miles of dirt road covered with crushed rock that eats the rubber away. They are great in the snow, quiet and a very good tire for my use.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We all know that’s your bug and your wife’s limited. No need to hide who wears the pants in the relationship. 😜
I've often thought I'd like to have a little convertible, but wife says she'd rather have a camper. So okay, similar price, I'll work on that...

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I’m thinking the same as you kinda, I essentially have 1 mod left. (<—😂🤣 who says crap like that!?) but I’m about to do the mirror glass to finish my blind spot add, and these look pretty damn cool. And if you guys are saying they are plug n play and they work well, I also might as well do them when I have the mirrors open.

I coulda swornt someone posted a CrAmazon link a while back but I can’t seem to shake it outta the thread. you (or anyone) got a link to the actual ones you’re using??

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I’m thinking the same as you kinda, I essentially have 1 mod left. (<—😂🤣 who says crap like that!?) but I’m about to do the mirror glass to finish my blind spot add, and these look pretty damn cool. And if you guys are saying they are plug n play and they work well, I also might as well do them when I have the mirrors open.

I coulda swornt someone posted a CrAmazon link a while back but I can’t seem to shake it outta the thread. you (or anyone) got a link to the actual ones you’re using??
Looks like they have a couple different versions nowz and the prices are going down.

iJDMTOY Smoked Lens Dynamic Sequential Blink/Flow Full LED Side Mirror Turn Signal Light Assembly Kit Compatible With 2019-up Dodge RAM 1500 https://a.co/d/4b4iGvh

SUPAREE LED Side Mirror Turn Signal Lights, Sequential Dynamic Indicator Strip for 2019-2022 Dodge Ram 1500 Turn Signal Aftermarket Replacement https://a.co/d/eiKOxbO

These are the specific ones I boughtx which were the only ones I could find at the time. Now there are multiple options available

Sequential LED Side Mirror Marker Lights Compatible w/ 2019-2022 Do-dge RAM 1500 Pickup Towing Mirror Turn Signal Indicator Lamp Assembly Smoked Lens https://a.co/d/h400o3o

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like they have a couple different versions nowz and the prices are going down.

iJDMTOY Smoked Lens Dynamic Sequential Blink/Flow Full LED Side Mirror Turn Signal Light Assembly Kit Compatible With 2019-up Dodge RAM 1500 https://a.co/d/4b4iGvh

SUPAREE LED Side Mirror Turn Signal Lights, Sequential Dynamic Indicator Strip for 2019-2022 Dodge Ram 1500 Turn Signal Aftermarket Replacement https://a.co/d/eiKOxbO

These are the specific ones I boughtx which were the only ones I could find at the time. Now there are multiple options available

Sequential LED Side Mirror Marker Lights Compatible w/ 2019-2022 Do-dge RAM 1500 Pickup Towing Mirror Turn Signal Indicator Lamp Assembly Smoked Lens https://a.co/d/h400o3o
thanks! almost easier when you can only pick one. when there's choices its more of a crap shoot. like the cheapest ones have only one Ram review and it was that they didn't work. And they guy said "sucks because i disassembled both mirrors to do this and couldn't get them to work." i'd hate to have that happen too, so i'll probly go with the ones you got.

Last edited:

meansteve69

Reaction score
Completely broke down out of nowhere just driving down the road.

Effectively brand new 2022 with 5,800miles.

Engine died/shutoff so I coasted to a stop. Every light on the dash came on. Shut it down, checked the oil/engine whatever - nothing leaking. Didn’t see anything obviously wrong with it… tried to start it up - wouldn’t start and honestly made a horrible metallic noise that made me cringgge.

No idea what’s wrong with it. Just towed to the nearest dealer. Hopefully they’ll get to it at some point Monday… 7BCD4AAD-4C15-4B30-A7CF-44657E116521.jpeg

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Completely broke down out of nowhere just driving down the road.

Effectively brand new 2022 with 5,800miles.

Engine died/shutoff so I coasted to a stop. Every light on the dash came on. Shut it down, checked the oil/engine whatever - nothing leaking. Didn’t see anything obviously wrong with it… tried to start it up - wouldn’t start and honestly made a horrible metallic noise that made me cringgge.

No idea what’s wrong with it. Just towed to the nearest dealer. Hopefully they’ll get to it at some point Monday… View attachment 144199
that sucks

what do you have?

meansteve69

Reaction score
that sucks

what do you have?
2022 1500 Laramie 4x4 5.7L

Basically fully loaded, been shopping around forever and if it’s not my “dream truck” it’s pretty close.

3.92 anti-spin diff, 33gal, pano sunroof, color matched bumpers, Harmon kardon, heated/cooled seats… etc etc

Just put on those 18” method wheels and 33 nitton grapplers and borla ATAK exhaust.

Drove from IN to TX to NH already and it’s been amazing so far.

Praying for the best but ****tt I didn’t sound good 😬😬

RAMonkey

Reaction score
2022 1500 Laramie 4x4 5.7L

Basically fully loaded, been shopping around forever and if it’s not my “dream truck” it’s pretty close.

3.92 anti-spin diff, 33gal, pano sunroof, color matched bumpers, Harmon kardon, heated/cooled seats… etc etc

Just put on those 18” method wheels and 33 nitton grapplers and borla ATAK exhaust.

Drove from IN to TX to NH already and it’s been amazing so far.

Praying for the best but ****tt I didn’t sound good 😬😬
I basically have the same truck. Wishing you well, man. Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread