5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Maleton3

Reaction score
Got the tow hooks powder coated in Illusion Lite Blue to match the etorque badge on the hood. Very fun color that gets brighter or darker depending on the light! Pro tip for anyone who ever wants to take their tow hooks off or put them on: Use an impact wrench!!!!

When I took the hooks off I originally used a 15 inch breaker bar which was a pain to use in that small of a space and required a huge amount of effort. Torque wrench I was planning on using for re-install was too long to fit at all without using an extension to bring it down. Impact wrench made my life a lot easier and made the re-install a 15 minute job.

illusion.jpg
illusionblue.jpg

Maleton3

Reaction score
Looks awesome! I took my tow hooks off and had them painted too.... But, I'm almost more impressed with that parking job!
Thank you! I was inspired to do the tow hooks from a few members of the forums truck pics, yours included! Love your tow hooks. Matches the body and contrasts the bumper perfectly. The parking may or may not have been re-done a few times just so I didn't get any bad parking comments on the pic! :ROFLMAO:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Removed what was left of my active air dam since it's getting dropped off next week for new steel front bumpee. Then looked in alfaObd, and there was an option to set active air dam present to "no". Now to see if it will keep check engi ight off next time I drive it

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You do know that you can install one over a coated pick up bed. I'm thinking of doing that. I can then remove the bed rug if I need to haul really dirty stuff.
That's what I did. I have the factory spray in liner but I love BedRugs.
Had to use some 3M adhesion promoter to help the velcro stick yo the spray in liner better but no velcro has come up yet, 2 years old

BowDown

Reaction score
Did LIne-X on previous 2 trucks. Last one faded pretty badly and became an eyesore. Wasn't much of a debate this time, bedrug about half the cost of line-x around here. Time will tell how it holds up to weather.
Mine have previously lasted about 8-10 years. Previous truck had 2 from 2003 -2020. Replaced it in 2017

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got a bunch of crap moved and rearranged to park it back in the garage. Have only parked it in there a handful of times since it was purchased back in February since we were in process of finishing our basement and had to store stuff out there.

View attachment 143988 View attachment 143989
My truck wouldn't fit in our garage with nothing in it lol

TyH2009

Reaction score
My truck wouldn't fit in our garage with nothing in it lol
I’m thankful mine does. When we built the house we did an extra 6’ deep on the 3rd car spot for storage/longer vehicle if needed. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t fit in one of the 2 car side spots.

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score
Thank you! I was inspired to do the tow hooks from a few members of the forums truck pics, yours included! Love your tow hooks. Matches the body and contrasts the bumper perfectly. The parking may or may not have been re-done a few times just so I didn't get any bad parking comments on the pic! :ROFLMAO:
What...bad comments from this crew??

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m thankful mine does. When we built the house we did an extra 6’ deep on the 3rd car spot for storage/longer vehicle if needed. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t fit in one of the 2 car side spots.
My house was built in 1963, so i didn't get to make that choice lol

Tesla

Reaction score
Want to get new tires with the winter coming up. Something that doesn't cause too much road noise but handles well in the snow. Was looking at the Michelin Defender LTX. Any of you recommend these, or is there something better?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Want to get new tires with the winter coming up. Something that doesn't cause too much road noise but handles well in the snow. Was looking at the Michelin Defender LTX. Any of you recommend these, or is there something better?
I just got new LTX's, in the 18". They are only made in the stiff "E" range in 18"'s, so they aren't that good in rain, snow, etc. However, I also use them on another suv, in a "P" size, and they are fine. Try to get a "C" range or SL "P" tire for whatever rim size your Laramie uses.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got a bunch of crap moved and rearranged to park it back in the garage. Have only parked it in there a handful of times since it was purchased back in February since we were in process of finishing our basement and had to store stuff out there.

View attachment 143988 View attachment 143989
nice! I miss parking in the garage on the regular, but when the Plymouth is home, it gets priority and so does momma's Yukon.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

I had the LTX M/S on a Nissan Frontier and it was downright scary in the snow. I realize the Defender is a new version of the LTX but the tread is the same. Michelin should be sued for putting M/S on the side of that tire. :LOL:

IMG_3114.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread