5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Wxgs333

Reaction score
Would you mind taking a pic with the cover open so I can see how wide the rails are and another that shows the size of the canister?
I will get some pics later. The canister takes away ~1 foot in length and half of the bed depth. The edge to edge of the rails was measured at 44" when I was installing.
The reduced space isn't a problem for me, and I like the retractable function. 20181214_151922.jpg

kmck94

Reaction score
Lucky! Ug, I’m still waiting on two sets on back order in different locations. Hurry up Ram, winter is coming!

I installed HeadlightRevolution Supernova v4 led bulbs to replace my stock halogens... sooooo much better. Really nice neutral light, focused tightly too. Night pics don’t do the headlights justice but trust they are BRIGHT. The backup bulbs from
HR are just ok and too expensive, not recommended.

Also just received my sweet $5 amazon/china sourced sticker!!! This is about as tricked out as I’ll get on truck stickers. Love my $40 alternative to the OEM bed step too, aside from it being a good sticker holder it helps me clamber up.
View attachment 10080 View attachment 10081

Where did you get this step? Seems like a great idea.

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
Ordered these:
XD8427-500_1113.png

with these:
img_5335-jpg.2737122

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
Last edited:

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you get this step? Seems like a great idea.

Yep, I love it! Looks cool simply as a cover for the hitch receiver, but bonus it’s a step and bonus you can put whatever decal or sticker you want on it! Sturdy too, just make sure the little screw on it is tightened. They sell some of them with various emblems already on there but I bought the blank silver one and added my own decal.

It’s here on Amazon, or eTrailer has them, like $40 or so.

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
I will get some pics later. The canister takes away ~1 foot in length and half of the bed depth. The edge to edge of the rails was measured at 44" when I was installing.
The reduced space isn't a problem for me, and I like the retractable function. View attachment 10670

Looks slick. How is the interface with the Ramboxes?

Wxgs333

Reaction score
Looks slick. How is the interface with the Ramboxes?
The side rail rubber seal does cover the back of the RAMbox cover a little bit, you can tell from my earlier pics -- the box can open freely up to half way, and need a little push to open fully. The temperature is low here in winter so I expect better performance when the rubber seal softens when temp is above freezing.

thebluegoat

Reaction score
I'm replacing the butt ugly Rebel grill with the big horn grill, adding the 2" lift with fox shocks. still deciding on what running boards. I like the rino raptor running boards.
How did that work out? I'm curious how it looks.

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
The side rail rubber seal does cover the back of the RAMbox cover a little bit, you can tell from my earlier pics -- the box can open freely up to half way, and need a little push to open fully. The temperature is low here in winter so I expect better performance when the rubber seal softens when temp is above freezing.

Mine should be here this week. Does it roll out/in freely? I recently read a not so friendly review that said his was difficult to deploy.

Wxgs333

Reaction score
Mine should be here this week. Does it roll out/in freely? I recently read a not so friendly review that said his was difficult to deploy.
Not as easy as shown on some ad.videos that you can roll it with 2 fingers.... Do have to give some force, but not too difficult.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
It was relatively warm outside today, so I got around to adding the Carven Black Tips (just the tip) to complete the blackout look on the rear end. Used the existing stock clamps. Had a helper hold them on there for me so I could get them straight. Took maybe 10 mins to do.
IMG_20181214_165056.jpg InkedIMG_20181215_113708_2_3.jpg InkedIMG_20181215_113803_3.png

zman9119

Reaction score
Changed out all the basic Big Horn bulbs to LED, but not my stupid Illuminated Entry ON \ OFF Button does not work anymore...

RAM1500_SoCal

Reaction score
eBay is offering 10% off electronics and 15% off other items. Code PICKUPSALE. Just used it to order the BedRug Impact Liner for $300! Hopefully have it installed by the end of year.

I priced out the Edge Pulsar for under $400 for those interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bonebro

Reaction score
eBay is offering 10% off electronics and 15% off other items. Code PICKUPSALE. Just used it to order the new BedRug Impact Liner for $300! Hopefully have it installed by the end of year.

I priced out the Edge Pulsar for under $400 for those interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been trying to find something to use that coupon on! No luck yet :(

JoeRam

Reaction score
Ordered this. Hopefully it will help with the backup camera issues when there is no ambient light. Also ordered the Curt 56584 so I don’t have to splice into the trucks factory wiring. View attachment 10400
@dad2steph you have sometime since you installed this and would like some honest feedback regarding fit and usefulness if you would not mind.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread