5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Lettika

Reaction score
Let me know how it goes. I am planning on getting the Bakflip Revolver x4 when it soon becomes available. I hope it works well with the RamBoxes. Same company, same mechanism?

Backflip company called me today to see if I had done the installation yet. I told them it would be this weekend and they requested I let them know how it goes. I thought it was very cool that they would follow up on their product like that. I told them that I had read that the Ramboxes would only open to about 70% of the stock movement with the cover installed. He told me that was not the case. The new design should allow full opening of the boxes. This was reassuring. I'll post the results.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Backflip company called me today to see if I had done the installation yet. I told them it would be this weekend and they requested I let them know how it goes. I thought it was very cool that they would follow up on their product like that. I told them that I had read that the Ramboxes would only open to about 70% of the stock movement with the cover installed. He told me that was not the case. The new design should allow full opening of the boxes. This was reassuring. I'll post the results.
Cool. I had a BakFlip on my 2013 Laramie with RamBoxes. It worked pretty well but the rubber gasket applied a small amount of pressure on the lid when it was opened so it would not stay fully open by itself but was easy to open with my hand to the full extent. I can't remember if this ever improved over time but I think it did. It will be interesting to see what they have changed. Hope the install goes well. I don't have my truck yet but possibly before Christmas but I suspect just after because of the holiday schedule.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let me know how it goes. I am planning on getting the Bakflip Revolver x4 when it soon becomes available. I hope it works well with the RamBoxes. Same company, same mechanism?
Make sure you get some 303 protectant for that revolver x4 and avoid washing the truck with any kind of silicone based protectant. It will dry out the vinyl and then it shrinks and peels away from the aluminum slats. The vinyl and some glue is what holds all the individual slats together and they fall apart if it comes loose. This is a pile of aluminum after the vinyl failed from a revolver after 2 years on my last truck.

Attachments

• 20181027_103347.jpg
    20181027_103347.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Make sure you get some 303 protectant for that revolver x4 and avoid washing the truck with any kind of silicone based protectant. It will dry out the vinyl and then it shrinks and peels away from the aluminum slats. The vinyl and some glue is what holds all the individual slats together and they fall apart if it comes loose. This is a pile of aluminum after the vinyl failed from a revolver after 2 years on my last truck.
Thanks for the heads up. Was yours the X2 or X4? I thought the X4 was a recent upgrade of the X2.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Was yours the X2 or X4? I thought the X4 was a recent upgrade of the X2.
X2, I spoke with Bak about it, the x4 is the x2 with a matte finish instead of gloss. I liked the cover a lot, it just didn't hold up to the summers here and my truck isn't garage kept. I'm thinking about trying the sentry ct.

kjn86

Reaction score
Where’d you order the shift knob decals from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I spoke to the seller specifically about the size. She was sending them out in 1.5" and 2" diameter circles, but I actually measured and it was 1.43", so she made one for me that size and also 1.5". The one in the photo is 1.43". I think the knob may be different sizes between model years. I can't see why you'd want 2", which would be way too large, but 1.5" may cover slightly more and look better. I was happy with the 1.43" one so I have the 1.5" sitting in a drawer in case I need it. I had this conversation with her and recommended she send 1.43" and 1.5". I may have taken this simple decal analysis too far...

JBeckman

Reaction score
Nothing too crazy today. Finally got my oil catch can in from billet technology. Just a hair over 3wks, but worth the wait.

How often are you guys emptying the can? 20181213_114051.jpg

clippedwings

Reaction score
Monday had ARE tonneau cover installed along with bed mat. Then went to dealer to pick up wheelhouse liners. Brown Santa also came with Gatorback mud flaps. Installed goodies Tue wed & thr. The second liner was easier than the first. Next will be nerf bar steps. DSC_5465.JPG DSC_5466.JPG DSC_5469.JPG DSC_5471.JPG

cjmst23

Reaction score
Backflip MX showed up today and it will go on this weekend. Really have my fingers crossed that this thing is going to get along well with the tie down rail and ramboxes. I hit the vendor with about three emails confirming all of the pieces would work together and they assured me they would. Haven't taken it out of the box yet but the design has got to be pretty slick for this to be true. There simply isn't much room between the rambox hinge point and the tie down rail to work with. I expect disappointment but we will see.
IMG_20181204_164110740.jpg IMG_20181209_122705528_HDR.jpg

cjmst23

Reaction score
Open 100% no problem with mx4. The cover and weather seals are not touching the RamBox lid at all. IMG_20181204_164113181.jpg

JHowellAK

Reaction score
My truck is currently sitting in the shop for 6(ish) software upgrades and the body isolator mount replacements. I get to chill in this 2018 dodge grand caravan. Makes the luxury of my ram much more apparent.

Looks like my e-torque might get more than 14MPG now though ^^

Lettika

Reaction score
My truck is currently sitting in the shop for 6(ish) software upgrades and the body isolator mount replacements. I get to chill in this 2018 dodge grand caravan. Makes the luxury of my ram much more apparent.

Looks like my e-torque might get more than 14MPG now though ^^

What updates are you haveing done that relate to the MPG? I am noticing an average of about 13-14 MPG with my etorque now??

Users who are viewing this thread