5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

2019Raven

Reaction score
Well, today I removed the adhesive off the rims of my tires where the weights sat. Yes, there are wheel weights that adhere via adhesive and once those are removed you get to deal with the residue left on the rims. A liberal amount of both Goof off and elbow grease and the adhesive is gone.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, today I removed the adhesive off the rims of my tires where the weights sat. Yes, there are wheel weights that adhere via adhesive and once those are removed you get to deal with the residue left on the rims. A liberal amount of both Goof off and elbow grease and the adhesive is gone.
Did that to mine yesterday as well. At least the front wheels that I hadn't done already.

sgtmpeaslee

Reaction score
I don't mind a few badges. Some vehicles I take them off, some I just don't bother with. However, dealer ads come off as soon as I get home and I hate when aftermarket companies cut their name into bumpers and armor. I've passed on a few nice products, because it would be too much work to cover or remove their name/logo.

I’m the same way about my vehicles. I hate having to be a billboard and advertisement for free. I always remove dealer stickers as soon as I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m the same way about my vehicles. I hate having to be a billboard and advertisement for free. I always remove dealer stickers as soon as I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I will not take delivery until the dealer removes the stickers. I tell them well in advance not to put them on and most of the time they comply, otherwise they have to get their detail guy to come remove them before I sign.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get to my truck before they added any dealer badges or the other dumb things they try to do now like "paint protection" or "nitrogen air fill".

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's all my dealer did. They also gave me a metal license plate. The plate is kinda cool. It's in the garage. Just says WOOD in gray letters on black background.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will not take delivery until the dealer removes the stickers. I tell them well in advance not to put them on and most of the time they comply, otherwise they have to get their detail guy to come remove them before I sign.
I would not let the dealer remove any badges they may have applied for fear they will scratch the paint because they don't care. Not that hard to remove it myself once I get home

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would not let the dealer remove any badges they may have applied for fear they will scratch the paint because they don't care. Not that hard to remove it myself once I get home
I asked them not to put any dealer logos on, but sure enough their was a dealer sticker on the back window. So not much danger of them screwing that up. They did have a dealer license tag bracket which I left on until I got home. Not going to do any good anyway advertising for a dealer almost 600 miles away.

Agree with you if they put anything on the paint!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
is it just me, or does that hood look about 2’ longer than your engine bay?
It's the camera. Pixel has a zoom out mode that kind of gives a slight fisheye look to photos and distorts then slightly. But I don't have to keep backing up to take pics.

Users who are viewing this thread