5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've thought about doing this, but I don't want people to think I'm trying to copy the TRX.. I know I dont have 702 horsepowerz 😅 what lights did you use? And where did you tap into?
TRX rear marker lights are red, so don’t worry - there won’t be any confusion. If anything, people will think it’s just a Raptor driving the wrong way.

1663288193347.png

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it back after the body shop fixed a “trading paint” incident in a parking lot. Had the door emblems removed in the process. Mounted the Vossen wheels with Michelin tires.

Attachments

• 076BB4F8-257E-4C52-B9AD-8B1078FFA7DA.jpeg
    076BB4F8-257E-4C52-B9AD-8B1078FFA7DA.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 24C9BAB4-750F-4B57-9603-E77E052C070E.jpeg
    24C9BAB4-750F-4B57-9603-E77E052C070E.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 61575140-992F-4BB2-8F3E-5BA511275532.jpeg
    61575140-992F-4BB2-8F3E-5BA511275532.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 226

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it back after the body shop fixed a “trading paint” incident in a parking lot. Had the door emblems removed in the process. Mounted the Vossen wheels with Michelin tires.
I Like the debadged look! I would have removed the emblems all the way around though.....just bcuz....

Also, what's that thing you have mounted in your hitch?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I Like the debadged look! I would have removed the emblems all the way around though.....just bcuz....

Also, what's that thing you have mounted in your hitch?

That’s the plan for sure, I’m just strapped for time. I plan to remove the Limited & 4x4 on the tailgate & then also probably replace the Ram on the tailgate & the hood badges with the Ikon flags.

That’s the stinger on the rear! Sure will put a sting on most smaller vehicles if they hit me. There’s a few different brands on Amazon but I like this one, I think from OR Works. Plus it’s a nice step.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, I love Vossen wheels.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s the stinger on the rear! Sure will put a sting on most smaller vehicles if they hit me. There’s a few different brands on Amazon but I like this one, I think from OR Works. Plus it’s a nice step.
And it doesn't bug the reverse sensors?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And it doesn't bug the reverse sensors?

Luckily not! I read reviews on that topic before purchasing bc I have an adjustable tow hitch from my Jeep that did bug it like crazy & I had to remove it.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s the plan for sure, I’m just strapped for time. I plan to remove the Limited & 4x4 on the tailgate & then also probably replace the Ram on the tailgate & the hood badges with the Ikon flags.

I debadge just about every new vehicle I get. Usually first night it's in the driveway ha. I even did my camper. Clutter drives me nuts. Sitting behind cars in the mcdonalds drive through that have 15 badges and bumper stickers on the back just about gives me an aneurysm.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I debadge just about every new vehicle I get. Usually first night it's in the driveway ha. I even did my camper. Clutter drives me nuts. Sitting behind cars in the mcdonalds drive through that have 15 badges and bumper stickers on the back just about gives me an aneurysm.

I agree. Branding has gotten out of hand, even on aftermarket parts. I have an older Jeep where 3 different parts - rock sliders, rear bumper, side armor - have cut outs of the brand name or logo’s. 🙄 I was only able to modify the side armor so far & it’s not perfect but better. The rest I just deal with as there’s not much else to do with it. Behind the bronze “trail rated” badges is a big, ugly letter “R” for Rusty’s brand that I filled with a black HD sealant that we carry & then I just stuck the badges on with the same sealant.

Attachments

• 67195257-EBF3-46EF-97F1-E363A766B95D.jpeg
    67195257-EBF3-46EF-97F1-E363A766B95D.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 104

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. Branding has gotten out of hand, even on aftermarket parts. I have an older Jeep where 3 different parts - rock sliders, rear bumper, side armor - have cut outs of the brand name or logo’s. 🙄 I was only able to modify the side armor so far & it’s not perfect but better. The rest I just deal with as there’s not much else to do with it. Behind the bronze “trail rated” badges is a big, ugly letter “R” for Rusty’s brand that I filled with a black HD sealant that we carry & then I just stuck the badges on with the same sealant.
Good looking trail rig! I've got a fully rebuilt '68 cj-5 and I'll be spraying my dad's '49 2a when he gets the body work done. I can somewhat understand the aftermarkets trying to get their name out there (Rusty's does make some great stuff), but less is definitely more in my opinion. I saw a subaru the other day with like 4-5 factory related emblems on the trunk. Insane.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good looking trail rig! I've got a fully rebuilt '68 cj-5 and I'll be spraying my dad's '49 2a when he gets the body work done. I can somewhat understand the aftermarkets trying to get their name out there (Rusty's does make some great stuff), but less is definitely more in my opinion. I saw a subaru the other day with like 4-5 factory related emblems on the trunk. Insane.

Thanks! Man, those older CJ’s look really great too. I still like them a lot more than the modern Wranglers. 4-5 emblems in one area?? WTH!! 🤪

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I agree, I’m the same way. A vehicle with no emblems, badge, stickers etc. looks so much cleaner. I saw a BMW Z3 yesterday that was completely covered in stickers and badges. And I mean every body panel was covered in them. I don’t get that at all. I almost threw up.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't mind a few badges. Some vehicles I take them off, some I just don't bother with. However, dealer ads come off as soon as I get home and I hate when aftermarket companies cut their name into bumpers and armor. I've passed on a few nice products, because it would be too much work to cover or remove their name/logo.

Last edited:

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't mind a few badges. Some vehicles I take them off, some I just don't bother with. However, dealer ads come off as soon as I get home and I hate when aftermarket companies cut their name into bumpers and armor. I've passed on a few nice products, because it would be too much work to cover or remove their name/logo.
I'm with ya, I don't mind a badge or two, but when it's overkill, be gone! I hate the badges on my wife's Yukon, they just look out of place on the tailgate. I plan on removing them, but I have been rather lazy :ROFLMAO:

Dealer advertising on cars drives me nuts, I just can't take it! My truck came with dealer-branded mud flaps, stickers and a license plate frame that all disappeared within the hour of ownership.

Same with aftermarket parts, I like a clean look. So my Plymouth has Boyd Coddington wheels and I hate the center cap with the logo/sign so I have been on the hunt for center caps.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
I debadge just about every new vehicle I get.
Starting with the first customized cars of the 40's, this was called "nosed" for the hood and "decked" for the trunk. Here's an original 1956 Pontiac (not mine), followed by my '56 hood and trunk:
1956front.jpg
1956rear.jpg

Hood.jpg
trunk.jpg

I kept the twin streaks on the hood because I like how they look.

Dave

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice. I shaved all the emblems and trim off my Plymouth. I did add a couple back in vinyl though. My wheels have a debossed B/G on the center caps, but it's not too noticeable.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my Hellwig SB, used the middle setting and noticed the improvement immediately. Especially when going through roundabouts.

I was literally thinking about this when I was driving through the roundabouts about 30 minutes ago. I’ve been on the fence about getting one since we think they have upgraded the 2022 ones on just the trims that have air suspension. But I think I will just have to pick one up an experiment myself.

Users who are viewing this thread