5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, that's my concern. Looked over it quickly and didn't see any damaged harnesses, need too look from the bottom.

I suspect this happened on my last trip to Houston at CityPlace Marriott. Parked under some oak trees that had squirrels eating acorns.
I've got some Final Blox, may tie some to the lower side of the engine compartment but I think this happened in Houston

I’ve experimented with various methods & traps & the best option was also the cheapest & easiest - mint oil diluted with water in a spray bottle. Maybe stuff some dryer sheets in places for additional protection. Spray it all around your engine bay or even the undersides where you think they’ll like to get it. Will keep all the rodents away - mice, chipmunks, etc.

Einstein376

Reaction score
A friend who had thousands in repairs to his Chevy after the mice got to his wiring (Chevy uses a plant-based cover on the wiring), now uses a tried and true method from aviation. He parks on four aluminum plates that have a low current running to them. Keeps the rodents from climbing up.

FWIW,

Jim

Ramisgood

Reaction score
Damage from rodents is very much an issue for us as we live "in the woods". While researching the use of peppermint oil as a deterrent, I read that it is toxic to dogs. Bummer, I thought it would be a great solution to our problem but don't want to hurt or kill my "children". I think we will just spray it in the engine compartment.

We use homemade traps with a 5 gallon bucket that has several inches of water in it and place some peanut butter on a rod that runs across the top. Then, we use a board as a ramp for the critters to walk up, reach for their snack and get baptized. This is more effective for us than the regular rat traps we bait and set about.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed some Vossen wheels with Michelin tires but then took it to the body shop. Will post pics when I get it back.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed the Mopar window visors. The rivets were a bit of a pain, but I like the idea of a little more than just adhesive retention, however not sure I like my glass sliding up against the steel brackets. I wasn't aware they touched the windows.

Otherwise they look nice and should do the trick.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed the Mopar window visors. The rivets were a bit of a pain, but I like the idea of a little more than just adhesive retention, however not sure I like my glass sliding up against the steel brackets. I wasn't aware they touched the windows.

Otherwise they look nice and should do the trick.
The steel brackets go under the rubber seal. Watch this video and look at the 10 min. mark, you should see how they are installed.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The steel brackets go under the rubber seal. Watch this video and look at the 10 min. mark, you should see how they are installed.
That's how I did it. They go under the seal at the very top, but the outside of the window still rides up against the inside of the bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread