5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ShenValley

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has seen anything along this line? I am not placing a bed liner in my truck so will have no section to protect the inside of the tailgate. But in reality those bed liners are typically slick anyway and I am looking for something more in the non-slip material. I cannot find anything such as a rubber form fitting blanket to lay on my tailgate while it is down and I need the surface to lay a few tools or items. I'm open to purchasing some kind of rubber 'ish" material as well and cutting it as well then I set it aside until I need it. My truck bed is covered with an Extang tri-fold so it can sit out of sight. If you cannot think of anything that is form fitting can you think of a good place to locate something that I can cut to cover the tailgate fairly well?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has seen anything along this line? I am not placing a bed liner in my truck so will have no section to protect the inside of the tailgate. But in reality those bed liners are typically slick anyway and I am looking for something more in the non-slip material. I cannot find anything such as a rubber form fitting blanket to lay on my tailgate while it is down and I need the surface to lay a few tools or items. I'm open to purchasing some kind of rubber 'ish" material as well and cutting it as well then I set it aside until I need it. My truck bed is covered with an Extang tri-fold so it can sit out of sight. If you cannot think of anything that is form fitting can you think of a good place to locate something that I can cut to cover the tailgate fairly well?
You could consider a truck bed mat. The Mopar one comes with the tailgate cover. I have a bed rug, and still put my mat over it, minus the tailgate cover.
WeatherTech sells just the mat. Good luck!👍

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you install a spray-in bedliner? If the cost is too much, then you could just spray the tailgate with a DIY can of the stuff. Are you looking for something softer?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rubber commercial door mat from Home Depot. Cut to fit.

It’s what I use in the bed itself. Mine was about 40 bucks.

ShenValley

Reaction score
You could consider a truck bed mat. The Mopar one comes with the tailgate cover. I have a bed rug, and still put my mat over it, minus the tailgate cover.
WeatherTech sells just the mat. Good luck!👍

Thanks. I had already purchased and received the Husky bed mat which fits great. I wish I had seen the Mopar one with the tailgate mat.

ShenValley

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you install a spray-in bedliner? If the cost is too much, then you could just spray the tailgate with a DIY can of the stuff. Are you looking for something softer?
I did a spray in with my last truck. Decided not to do it on this one. I have the Husky bed may which fits very nicely and just need something on the tailgate for when I want to place things on it.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not my original post, but... It is the GT model. Don't know why, but this is what RAM went with. I would have preferred Rebel myself.

Correct. It’s the G/T. I would have rather Rebel too but the splash screen says Rebel. And it wiggles when the engine starts, so that has distracted me enuff to be too bothered. Hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a spray in with my last truck. Decided not to do it on this one. I have the Husky bed may which fits very nicely and just need something on the tailgate for when I want to place things on it.

I had Rhino lining on my last truck. The tailgate never showed any dents or scratches. But, it wasn't really what I would call anti-slip. It wasn't slick, like a bed liner, but it wasn't non-slip, like a rubber mat. OTOH, it's always there. No need to put it somewhere when the tailgate is up....

My new truck has the factory spray-in bedliner and It seems like it really sucks compared to the Rhino lining I had before. It doesn't seem to be nearly as thick and, I'm just guessing, will not protect from dents nearly as well.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Curious - I thought Rebels said "Rebel" across the top of the cluster. Why doesn't yours?

View attachment 138303

Strange they didn’t do that. AND another thing the G/T folk have to contend with is they gave us your TRX console. So there’s no good organizer for the lower part which is essentially stuff bouncing around in a 5 gallon bucket so i took an idear someone mentioned on the TRX forum and made my own with a Trekpak divider kit (for the pelican cases)

Came out pretty good!!

e5251d4a690ffe61c7ae893ddae2d19e.jpg

c2bce516c15acd867e5492962e88aa92.jpg

So this is also what I did to my RAM today.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Strange they didn’t do that. AND another thing the G/T folk have to contend with is they gave us your TRX console. So there’s no good organizer for the lower part which is essentially stuff bouncing around in a 5 gallon bucket so i took an idear someone mentioned on the TRX forum and made my own with a Trekpak divider kit (for the pelican cases)

Came out pretty good!!

Where's your roll of butt wipe? :poop:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Came out pretty good!!

it looks pretty cool, but the cost......

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Bedrug sells just the tailgate mat.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had to change out the red TRX ignition switch in the middle of a grocery store parking lot. It was completely dead and unresponsive, thankfully I still had the original in the glove box. My truck said no more lies, I'm a Bighorn!

Users who are viewing this thread