5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Otto

Reaction score
Sub box built and amp rack connected to the truck.

The box is sealed: 40 wide, 11 deep, 8 tall. Leaves plenty of room to open the floor bins. The downside is it does sit maybe 1/2-3/4" out from the seat front.
58f0a0a9a8059301ec4bb01185f5f25e.jpg
15b341c354da8691882482ffd35206a1.jpg
806424a986b20c58b90aefff4360d37b.jpg
874789d1335cd839517f50ebec260507.jpg
889ff11afcf0bdcf7f6f032a51e2a06c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With a little help* from a friend, I got my matching spare to fit. It took using an angle grinder to remove about 1/4” of the inside hitch receiver, then a double coat of spray paint/primer. Snug fit, but it fits!

The original weld is intact, so I don’t think there is any loss of strength.

* By a little, I mean he did all the work and I took some video.

FA4A9040-F8AE-41A5-AFB0-A0D13F09B1A7.jpeg DFDA34F3-7A0F-4D40-A6D7-845444F4E848.jpeg 81FBFE58-6BFD-4A5C-90CA-43839463BFC1.jpeg 68E5D9AD-A290-4738-8287-85A136F1582E.jpeg 7363221D-D501-4DF1-B8AA-63589AC5D6F3.jpeg

Last edited:

OrtnerSkore

Reaction score
Ordered bed rail kit for the truck and attempted install. Got the studs in and pulled rails out of box and total bummer, too long. Even confirmed with sales at the company before ordering they would work with my truck. Now the total hassle of return. Glad I have a confirmation from them they would work before ordering.

r2022-08-20 182412.jpg r20220820_181024.jpg

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sub box built and amp rack connected to the truck.

The box is sealed: 40 wide, 11 deep, 8 tall. Leaves plenty of room to open the floor bins. The downside is it does sit maybe 1/2-3/4" out from the seat front.
58f0a0a9a8059301ec4bb01185f5f25e.jpg
15b341c354da8691882482ffd35206a1.jpg
806424a986b20c58b90aefff4360d37b.jpg
874789d1335cd839517f50ebec260507.jpg
889ff11afcf0bdcf7f6f032a51e2a06c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
That's going to be one thumpin' child seat!!!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got rear ended today when a guy rolled into me at a stoplight :( luckily it wasn’t very bad, the guy cracked the plastic trim on the rear bumper and bent it up a little.

Friggin dope. I wish people would f-Ing pay attention. no one got hurt tho sounds like and that’s the important thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Friggin dope. I wish people would f-Ing pay attention. no one got hurt tho sounds like and that’s the important thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, luckily no one was hurt since he was going maybe 3 mph. The dash cam footage shows him turns his head away from the road after stopping at the stoplight, start rolling, and roll right into my bumper :( how does a head turn result in removing pressure on the brake pedal? I don’t know, but I do know you can’t fix stupid 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

I’m surprised with how much damage it did to the rear bumper but I guess it’s mostly rigid plastic. Here’s a pic of some of the cracked plastic frame.

On that note I’ve decided to get something “stylish” to put in the hitch receiver to stick out past the bumper so any future morons hit that instead. I’m thinking about one of those D-ring hitches but If anyone has any ideas I’m all ears

Attachments

• 8B4A5093-08AD-4356-9EE3-4148CCAFF48D.jpeg
    8B4A5093-08AD-4356-9EE3-4148CCAFF48D.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 129

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, luckily no one was hurt since he was going maybe 3 mph. The dash cam footage shows him turns his head away from the road after stopping at the stoplight, start rolling, and roll right into my bumper :( how does a head turn result in removing pressure on the brake pedal? I don’t know, but I do know you can’t fix stupid 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

I’m surprised with how much damage it did to the rear bumper but I guess it’s mostly rigid plastic. Here’s a pic of some of the cracked plastic frame.

On that note I’ve decided to get something “stylish” to put in the hitch receiver to stick out past the bumper so any future morons hit that instead. I’m thinking about one of those D-ring hitches but If anyone has any ideas I’m all ears

This is why some folks drop some good money on steel bumpers. And then bolt wood timbers onto them. And then wrap the wood in thick rope.

;)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ive ran into the back of a truck before when making a right hand turn. They were in front of me at a red light in the turn lane. Started rolling forward like they were pulling out. I started rolling, and looked left to see if there was traffic or if I could make the turn as well, and didnt realize they had stopped after rolling 10' despite there being no cross traffic. I had just hit the gas pedal to go when I tagged them. They had a Ford Ranger with a hitch receiver. I was in my lowered Dakota R/T. Pushed my bumper into the trans cooler and snapped off a fitting in trans cooler. Broke passenger side headlight and slightly bent passenger fender. They had some paint scuffs. Was a Hispanic guy driving with language barrier who didn't want cops called. I have them my insurance info, but they never diked a claim. I did a junkyard run for a new bumper and fender. Barely got my truck off the road and into a parking lot due to loss of trans fluid. Worst part for me was, I was on my way to work for my last day at that job and had my trailer to grab my toolbox.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive ran into the back of a truck before when making a right hand turn. They were in front of me at a red light in the turn lane. Started rolling forward like they were pulling out. I started rolling, and looked left to see if there was traffic or if I could make the turn as well, and didnt realize they had stopped after rolling 10' despite there being no cross traffic. I had just hit the gas pedal to go when I tagged them. They had a Ford Ranger with a hitch receiver. I was in my lowered Dakota R/T. Pushed my bumper into the trans cooler and snapped off a fitting in trans cooler. Broke passenger side headlight and slightly bent passenger fender. They had some paint scuffs. Was a Hispanic guy driving with language barrier who didn't want cops called. I have them my insurance info, but they never diked a claim. I did a junkyard run for a new bumper and fender. Barely got my truck off the road and into a parking lot due to loss of trans fluid. Worst part for me was, I was on my way to work for my last day at that job and had my trailer to grab my toolbox.
Ouch, I’ve seen a few times where a hitch or something else protruding past the bumper saved the vehicle from a bunch of damage, but it’s not so great for whoever rolls into it…

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
i see you did not keep the crap around the factory battery,

do you believe you need it?

My factory battery was the H7, so I trashed the sleeve because it would not fit. I ordered the EcoDiesel H8 sleeve (Part # 05033397AE) through an online Mopar parts dealer but it was cancelled due to the part being on national backorder with no reasonable ETA. From what I’ve read, the sleeve is only recommended in extremely cold climates.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I keep a ring in my receiver. Kinda wish it stuck out further, but it saved my Nissan from a Rav4.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I first got to this country, I had bought a Ford Ranger for cash. (Since that's how I stayed under the radar.)
Anyway, as I'm making a right on red (turn lane), some guy in a Dakota R/T (lowered, would you believe?) with a trailer, rear-ended me.

My hitch might've been scratched, but his front end was mangled and he was leaking something. Maybe transmission fluid?

He's all like, "Let's call the cops." I'm like, "No habla english, senor." Dude couldn't take a hint. It's like he didn't understand my status, right?
I let him pass me his insurance info, then I drove away. Tossed that out by the next light.

I ended up ditching my ride. (Sold it to my cousin's sister's boyfriend for cash. He lived a few states away.) Figured the homeboy was gonna put the police on me for HIS accident. Ai, ai, ai.

;)

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My factory battery was the H7, so I trashed the sleeve because it would not fit. I ordered the EcoDiesel H8 sleeve (Part # 05033397AE) through an online Mopar parts dealer but it was cancelled due to the part being on national backorder with no reasonable ETA. From what I’ve read, the sleeve is only recommended in extremely cold climates.

I've never had a blanket on my battery until I bought my Ram. What do they consider extremely cold climates?

Edit: I looked through the parts list and it describes it as a battery heat shield. 2016-2022 Mopar Battery Heat Shield 68494324AA | Mopar Wholesale Parts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online