5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

S. Snake

Reaction score
These are butt ugly to me but congrats. The color is nice. hope you didn't over pay to downgrade. I have seen some crazy crazy mark ups on these plus some not so good news on them safety wise. Are you doing lift and bigger tires or keeping stock.
Mild lift, 35s and other off road mods. I cant fault you for not liking it, people like what they like. I was going to get one of these anyway so the price I paid made sense for my situation (Money spent now or money spent later).

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mild lift, 35s and other off road mods. I cant fault you for not liking it, people like what they like. I was going to get one of these anyway so the price I paid made sense for my situation (Money spent now or money spent later).

I really like how the new Bronco looks with 35's and fender flares. I'm not a fan of the soft top. I heard there were issues with the hard tops, so that's why we're seeing so many soft tops. It's ridiculous how much dealers are asking for them, but I'm sure that will change as availability increases.

Jbenevides89

Reaction score
I installed the Faital Pros in the dash, base 6 speaker system. Got the adapter harness on amazon for $6. Went for a drive, clearer for sure, happy with the outcome. Now to find an amp, some door speakers and a sub setup I like.

Sluggo0018

Reaction score
I installed the Faital Pros in the dash, base 6 speaker system. Got the adapter harness on amazon for $6. Went for a drive, clearer for sure, happy with the outcome. Now to find an amp, some door speakers and a sub setup I like.
Can you post a link for the adapter harness? Thanks.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When you flip the BakFlip against the cab does it scratch? I know there are the little bumpers but i would guess the bed moves slightly relative to the cab when driving.
One thing to consider with the Revolver is if you have snow/ice it doesn't work great (according to a friend of mine) during winter.
The rubber bumpers on the Bak Flip rested against the glass (on my 4th gen). No scratching that I ever noticed.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Long story short, I need my back window replaced due to it leaking.

My 3yr36k warranty is over but the issue was discovered prior to warranty expiring. Dealer is agreeing to fix it but they are giving me the runaround now. They can't seem to get back to me on setting up a date to take the truck in.

Other issue is they don't want to re-tint my back window. I kinda dropped the issue on that but I'm wondering if I should continue to push for it.

I'll admit, I did miss the first opportunity to take it in because I was going out of town and I needed the truck.

Anyways, question is... does Ram Cares really make a difference if they are aware of the issue?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Long story short, I need my back window replaced due to it leaking.

My 3yr36k warranty is over but the issue was discovered prior to warranty expiring. Dealer is agreeing to fix it but they are giving me the runaround now. They can't seem to get back to me on setting up a date to take the truck in.

Other issue is they don't want to re-tint my back window. I kinda dropped the issue on that but I'm wondering if I should continue to push for it.

I'll admit, I did miss the first opportunity to take it in because I was going out of town and I needed the truck.

Anyways, question is... does Ram Cares really make a difference if they are aware of the issue?
From some of the posts I have read, it doesn't really seem like that make a huge difference. I also think it depends on the case manager you get assigned when you open a ticket with them. When the Built to Serve off-road group spring issue came up, there were two RamCares Reps that actually helped and worked with dealers to ensure the issue was corrected. Others who didn't work with either of those two got a lot more run around before getting issue corrected and some just gave up.

spelunk68

Reaction score
Nice! Are your window visors from weather tech? Can you send me closer photos of them please? I wanna get them I think but I wanna make sure they are "low profile". I never really liked the look of the older ones but I vape and this truck just let's in massive amounts of air when you crack a window
Also, no adhesive involved, 5 to 10 minute install time for all
yes they are, hard to get a good pic here is a bunch...
wt5.jpg wt4.jpg wt3.jpg wt2.jpg wt1.jpg

spelunk68

Reaction score
2 Aussies live on our block. Both as beautiful as yours, and well-behaved/mild-mannered too.

I have 2 Border Collies, girl is beautiful, boy is too skinny, she's a lover, he's a terror o_O

Dav
I love border collies as well, can be a bit hyper though if you get one with that dna :) we have a lot of them on our search and rescue team, amazing cadaver and air scent dogs. This is the most laid back dog I have ever had, probably the best dog as well, I will never get anything buy an aussie in the future, they are so smart it is freaky sometimes.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am not trying to rustle any feathers, but, why spend all this money on "aftermarket' made in Chy-na headlight housings? Why didn't a lot of you just get the factory LED option? I understand that it's an extra step to find the right truck. I specifically wanted LED lights on mine. I would not have bought it otherwise. I hate halogen lights. I have become spoiled, I guess.

Again, no offense intended.
When I ordered my truck in November of 21 the LED option was dropped on the Big Horn (think it's back now), I wanted them, but it wasn't a deal breaker. That's also when they went from Level 2 to Level B and dropped folding mirrors, again not a deal breaker for me. Coming from my 2000 F250 the halogen lights are great. If I feel they are needed in the future, I'll add them.

Last edited:

spelunk68

Reaction score
When I ordered my truck in November of 21 the LED option was dropped on the Big Horn (think it's back now), I wanted them, but it wasn't a deal breaker. That's also when they went from Level 2 to Level B and dropped folding mirrors, again not a deal breaker for me. Coming from my 2000 F250 the halogen lights are great. If I feel they are needed in the future, I'll add them.
yes the led package is back, I got it on my 22 big horn backcountry

mac-oly

Reaction score
I was looking at these as well but the style with the chrome edges as i have the chrome window trim. How do you like them? Feel sturdy and secure?
So far, so good. I'm impressed by the quality and sturdiness. The only negative was having to bore out one of the hole clips a tiny bit during installation. Not really a big deal though.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So yesterday a pretty large branch of a tree fell in my backyard... made a buncha noise and the neighbors on both sides of us heard it while out in their back yards with friends over.

So i got my chainsaw and recovery straps and stuff and pulled the truck out back to check it out, tie it up and pull it the rest of the way out of the other trees, and then cut it up. and because everyone was out there my wife goes "you look like you're trying to show off your truck."

so i go "hun, Here's the thing about having an awesome truck... EVERYTHING you do with it, it looks like you're trying to show off your truck... because it's awesome... so. 😝🤪🤣"

Users who are viewing this thread