5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Clv22p

Reaction score
I am not trying to rustle any feathers, but, why spend all this money on "aftermarket' made in Chy-na headlight housings? Why didn't a lot of you just get the factory LED option? I understand that it's an extra step to find the right truck. I specifically wanted LED lights on mine. I would not have bought it otherwise. I hate halogen lights. I have become spoiled, I guess.

Again, no offense intended.
I wish mine would have had the OE led headlights. Should be standard. If I ordered a truck I would have optioned them. I think I even prefer the look of the OE LEDs.

The OE lights are at least 50% more dollars than these (bought them on special from @Realtruck ). The oe LED have lower light output and as I understand it these projectors have a better cutoff.

Where are the OE light assemblies built?

Kewlone2gq

Reaction score
I am not trying to rustle any feathers, but, why spend all this money on "aftermarket' made in Chy-na headlight housings? Why didn't a lot of you just get the factory LED option? I understand that it's an extra step to find the right truck. I specifically wanted LED lights on mine. I would not have bought it otherwise. I hate halogen lights. I have become spoiled, I guess.

Again, no offense intended.
No offense taken kind sir. I will also be one of those to soon buy some aftermarket LEDs. If I built my truck, I would of had them. But I needed something pretty quick back then and it just wasn't available in the color and the must have features at the time. I would say it's like the other thread where guys go from the 8.4 to 12.1 screen. Besides, it's fun to spend money.

U

User_63152

I wish mine would have had the OE led headlights. Should be standard. If I ordered a truck I would have optioned them. I think I even prefer the look of the OE LEDs.

The OE lights are at least 50% more dollars than these (bought them on special from @Realtruck ). The oe LED have lower light output and as I understand it these projectors have a better cutoff.

Where are the OE light assemblies built?
I agree about LED being standard. I drove my son's Chevy Malibu the other night. His headlights were so dim compared to my Ram. I felt like I couldn't even see. LOL

S. Snake

Reaction score
Found it on a dealer lot. Pure impulse-buy, was actually helping a friend shop for a new truck hahaha.
Soooo lucky to find that on a lot. When I was shopping for my Rebel there were almost 20 with Level 2 and ecodiesel, but when I actually had money to buy they were all sold. They didn't have any 1500s with ramboxes.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

spelunk68

Reaction score
Didn't do anything to truck today but....Took the boat out for a few hours today. Preggo wife can't handle much boat time right now View attachment 135787 View attachment 135788
installed front and rear facing dash cam setup today so nothing to look at with it so sharing this again :),

nice truck :) I added these flares to mine and it just completed it, just linking in case you like it (link to flares, i do not get commission just loved the look on our color scheme )

IMG_3179.JPEG tf2.png tf1.png

90Addict

Reaction score
installed front and rear facing dash cam setup today so nothing to look at with it so sharing this again :),

nice truck :) I added these flares to mine and it just completed it, just linking in case you like it (link to flares, i do not get commission just loved the look on our color scheme )

View attachment 135789 View attachment 135790 View attachment 135791
Nice! Are your window visors from weather tech? Can you send me closer photos of them please? I wanna get them I think but I wanna make sure they are "low profile". I never really liked the look of the older ones but I vape and this truck just let's in massive amounts of air when you crack a window

Users who are viewing this thread