5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Conundrum

Reaction score
Made the mistake of going to Lowe's.
c2289856e021aa009727df706fc850bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I’m trying to decide between the SynerticUSA and the Retraxpro RT. The Synertic is half the price of the Retraxpro but the Retraxpro advertises sealed bearings and locks every few inches. What’s your experience? Why did you select the Synertic?

thanks.
Well, I have had it less than a week, but happy so far, only issue I have is that the rack has a whistle on the highway. The Synetic just had the features I wanted for a decent price.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went for a gas grill and a charcoal one because I don't want a combo one incase one side breaks. I saw the Blackstone on special so I told them to load it as well.
Once you get the hang of the Kettle, try out the Smoky Mountain. In warm weather, that thing out performed my $2k Yoder smoker.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Made the mistake of going to Lowe's.
c2289856e021aa009727df706fc850bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Went from a Weber kettle grill.and a cheap gas grill to a RecTeq Bull's-eye pellet grill. Still have my Weber, but gave the gas grill away, and a second Patio Classic oval charcoal grill I had. My Bullseye has been awesome. Does everything the gas and charcoal grills did, and easier to set temp as it has a PID controller. Can do low and slow 225° up to searing at 750°. Not a true smoker, but does it good enough for the backyard guy.

Have had the pellet grill for two months and have only used my Weber kettle once during that time. And only because I was doing a long smoke on the bullseye and wanted to cook some steaks for dinner

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that a volunteer station or payed? Nice E one. I’m in Florida 32 years on the job, we are supposed to take delivery of our new E one Engine and Heavy Rescue in October. We are about 50 miles away from the E one facility, anyways nice Ram now get it out of the bay lol.
We are a paid department. I’ve been on the job 10 years now. We recently switched from pierce to E-One. I like both but the cabs are much nicer on the E-Ones. Here’s another picture from a commercial fire we had on Saturday.

Attachments

• 7B793F1E-DAF6-4058-A1DB-3B1662EE3F35.png
    7B793F1E-DAF6-4058-A1DB-3B1662EE3F35.png
    348.5 KB · Views: 91

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
We are a paid department. I’ve been on the job 10 years now. We recently switched from pierce to E-One. I like both but the cabs are much nicer on the E-Ones. Here’s another picture from a commercial fire we had on Saturday.
Strong work
Strong work!!

dss90c

Reaction score
How did you get around that cable gromment to install the tail light bar
It took some trial and error, but I used some spacers (about 1/4") to mount the clips for the lightbar. That allowed the tailgate wiring connector to pass behind the light bar. I also had to mount it at the bottom of the gap between the tailgate and bumper so that the tailgate does not hit the lightbar when it is lowered.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personal preference on looks.
What is the purpose of taking the air dam off?
for me based on looks, had seen some videos and pictures and like the look.
Now that I have actually gone ahead I liked both looks with and without but will keep these off for now. It is very simple to remove and put back on.
For more than basic off road is probably a must to remove these for clearance, I have seen a video or two of these getting damage and broken.
2 things I noticed on my 1st two drives after the removal - more noise in the cabin at highway and the eco mode gets engage less

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
baja ditch lights arrive today, not yet install but if anybody is interested I found a great deal on them at quadratec.com - specific to the sport clear driving combo, normally $250 @186 plus free shipping, going to try and use the putco luminix mounting bracket 2200 for $42
will post pics on the weekend once install is done
for those that prefer the amber color - the savings would cover the cost of the amber lens and it would be having the 2 for the price of 1

baja driving combo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread