5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

WReckeR

Reaction score
Changed rear differential oil. Took about 15 min.
What's the drain interval? How many miles did you have?

I did it once on my Dodge Dakota, but the fill port was very difficult to access and pour into. So I never did it again. But...I had the have that differential rebuilt 6 times, so it got fresh fluid often enough.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram into a duck flying through my path.... Now I need a whole new grill!! I'm now driving a Dodge AM. 🤦
Next time duck and you’ll miss. 😉

One time I hit a pheasant with a new truck that only had 1500 miles on. Hard to believe it did over $2000 damage. Grill, hood and windshield. 😲

I know a guy that hit a 25 lb turkey that flew across the road. Completely destroyed the front end and pushed the radiator into the motor.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like, the loaded weight of your trailer, payload of your truck, tongue/hitch weight, all that jazz. Just curious.
Ah, no problem. Most of that was in my previous post. I haven't actually weighed my setup. Estimate trailer to be around 3800lbs, with 650lbs tounge. Truck payload is 1424lbs. I don't usually have much in the bed when pulling the camper. Maybe 50lbs of gear.

Not that it matters for suspension, but I have 3.92's and it tows quite well. I will keep these bags for now, but if they fail outside warranty I'll upgrade to Timber Groves.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Next time duck and you’ll miss. 😉

One time I hit a pheasant with a new truck that only had 1500 miles on. Hard to believe it did over $2000 damage. Grill, hood and windshield. 😲

I know a guy that hit a 25 lb turkey that flew across the road. Completely destroyed the front end and pushed the radiator into the motor.
I hit a large crow or something that was eating a dead corpse on the road in a Camaro going 50mph once.
I was super pissed but turns out I only had to spray off blood, no paint damage or marks.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate all you mudflaps people!

Lol. I took my fronts off getting ready for my lift install. Wanted to see how it looked with them off again. And wow do they work. Hope when I lift they don’t rub and can keep them lol.

testcrewman

Reaction score
Two $15 totes from home depot and an adjustable lock bar, and I have the perfect storage solution for the back of my truck. Saw this on a Facebook page and thought I'd try it. Works perfectly for what I'm looking for. And the totes easily stack and can be moved out of the way if I'm hauling anything large. 20220509_172209.jpg

Last edited:
U

User_67930

Two $15 totes from home depot and an adjustable lock bar, and I have the perfect storage solution for the back of my truck. Saw this on a Facebook page and thought I'd try it. Works perfectly for what I'm looking for. And the totes easily stack and can be moved out of the way if I'm hauling anything large. View attachment 129030
Do they rattle around or make noise going down a rough road when nothing is in them?
I know they are held in by a cargo bar but what keeps them from bouncing up and down?

testcrewman

Reaction score
Do they rattle around or make noise going down a rough road when nothing is in them?
I know they are held in by a cargo bar but what keeps them from bouncing up and down?
I just put them in today and haven't been over any rough road. But they do fit under the cargo tie down bars and the are tight side to side. They might bounce up and down a bit, but I don't think it'll be enough to bother me

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not that you ever notice if you have a ton eau cover on

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I tried a pair of husky and they didn't fit. Haven't been able to find another set yet.....so I'm bitter!
Weathertechs generally fit good.
The ones I got are no drill, just remove the 3-4 screws and re-insert into the flap

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Two $15 totes from home depot and an adjustable lock bar, and I have the perfect storage solution for the back of my truck. Saw this on a Facebook page and thought I'd try it. Works perfectly for what I'm looking for. And the totes easily stack and can be moved out of the way if I'm hauling anything large. View attachment 129030
Do you have a link to those or a part number?

Users who are viewing this thread