5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious on how the Husky's didn't fit? These were a direct fit, but needed a bit of "massaging" to close any gapping between the oem trim pieces and the indented areas of the flap that sits against the oem trim. Other than that, they bolted right in.
For the price and build quality, yes, I would recommend. How they will hold up being thrashed on the trail, that remains to be seen.
But for 43 bucks plus tax, not a bad purchase.
Good luck👍

Now that you've said that, it is entirely possible that I jumped the gun on the return. I did no massaging.

When I did the test fit, the flaps did not line up with the stock moldings at the back. There was a gap between the flaps and the stock moldings that would not allow the screws to reach all the way.

Maybe I should have worked them in a little....

Oh well!...

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that you've said that, it is entirely possible that I jumped the gun on the return. I did no massaging.

When I did the test fit, the flaps did not line up with the stock moldings at the back. There was a gap between the flaps and the stock moldings that would not allow the screws to reach all the way.

Oh well!...
Yeah, because this was my first set, I have nothing to compare.

Because the flaps are pretty rigid, it just seemed necessary to massage it a bit to get a better fitment. Also not sure if the Husky’s requires you to drill a hole on the inside corner of the flap and through the well liner. This one says its “optional”, but seemed necessary to keep the flap from wanting to twist away from the liner when I tightened the bolts. That screw, plus the bit of massaging, got it pretty flat against the trim piece.
But, the gap was not so much where the bolts couldn’t reach, so you may have gotten the wrong one after all.

70runner

Reaction score
We'd like to have the front end leveled but I have read numerous negatives on that; two mechanic shops in my podunk town won't even touch it. As I understand for reading here, the Bilstein 5100 is the best way to do the lift. Has anyone that has gone that route experienced any issues; front end alignments necessary, drop in mileage, excessive wear on ball joints and CV joints?

As others have noted, the Bilsteins work very well for leveling. Bilstein's on the 5th ring produced a 1.8" lift on my Rebel, within a 1/4" of level. Also upgraded to the Mopar UCAs which look stock but provide additional ball joint travel. Alignment necessary and straightforward. About a year in, no issues with steering or tire wear.

puba08

Reaction score
Eibachs work just as well, their in stock and cheaper in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Oh well!...
I installed a set of Husky mud guards on my truck and they fit like they were a factory part. I would have sent them back too. They shouldn't require any massaging to fit.

Ramisgood

Reaction score
This video?
Another YouTube expert painting all spacer kits with a broad brush. :rolleyes: We know nothing about the kit he installed or his skill level with the install. The spacers on my ReadyLift kit look nothing like those. It's funny that he blames the top hat spacers for potential wear on the upper ball joints, yet he's going to install Bilsteins without changing his upper control arms.
Yes, that is one of the ones I watched.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed a set of Husky mud guards on my truck and they fit like they were a factory part. I would have sent them back too. They shouldn't require any massaging to fit.
It seems the fitment issues are mostly with the non fender liner models. Even in the amazon reviews....most of the 5 stars come from folks with flares.

Nels

Reaction score
Installed my Aero 3030XL direct fit muffler today. It took about 20 minutes and even though it sounds better I wish I would have went with Borla touring cat back instead. It always pays to go cat back for the best sound IMO, but I wanted to save money.
Im thinking about installing this muffler. Any problems with rusted bolts? I have one bolt broken off in the front flange. Not sure how I'm going to remove that. In the rear you had to cut the pipe I assume?

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It seems the fitment issues are mostly with the non fender liner models. Even in the amazon reviews....most of the 5 stars come from folks with flares.

Mine are perfect. With non fender flares. I seen on Facebook. Many complain. They don’t fit. And I have helped a few. They don’t pay attention and order them for factory fender flares when they have non fender flares.

NVRENUF

Reaction score
Im thinking about installing this muffler. Any problems with rusted bolts? I have one bolt broken off in the front flange. Not sure how I'm going to remove that. In the rear you had to cut the pipe I assume?
No rust because my truck only has 500 miles on it. Yes I cut right behind the muffler with a sawzall.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been traveling every week for work this month but finally got to install my Extang Solid Fold 2.0 (rambox version) and I love it. Had one of these on 2 prior trucks and I’m a fan)

Made to match oem finishes on the truck, durable and super light and fast to take off when needed. It sits above the rails but I actually don’t mind that look compared to the flush ones personally.

Works great with ram boxes when closed or folded. And doesn’t affect the MFT.

227a1eedd69c7634b78e6e1f7d56b86d.jpg

423656c08300f89f4b87cd8b920196ed.jpg

0ac0085bf9866a6e3ba5992c37244df4.jpg

9fa18470fd3695745b892049f1f72919.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the Infinity Reference tweeters last night. Hardest part is fitting your hand up against the windshield to get to the front screws.

Haven't driven with them yet, but they sound decent just sitting in the driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread