5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Night Rebel

Reaction score
Yeah those are sorta like the ones that came with my rails.

Only difference i can see is with the Toyota ones you can actually take them out of the rail on any position (w/o taking the end caps off). The ram ones dont seem to do that.

Which rails do you have on your truck tho? The black or the silver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine are black. And on mine if you go all the way towards the cab there is an opening to remove them. Not hard at all!

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ah ok I have the silver ones. Guess I’ll buy a set and see if they work. If not, back to Bezos they go.

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
Well a couple weeks ago I put in GTR lighting carbide 2 LED bulbs in my cargo lamps. Didn't seem to have a problem. The red Carbide 2 bulbs were back ordered. They came in and caused problems. Step on the brake pedal and delayed lights from coming on and high brake lamp flashing, no matter which was it was put in. But Alfa OBD to the rescue! Programmed the chmsl to say it has LED bulbs, problem solved. They are also extremely bright!. Try turning the cargo lamps on in reverse, it makes a difference. I also put on the

XTR LP Reverse Light System from Headlight revolution. Wow! I can clearly see in reverse now. Its awesome​

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well a couple weeks ago I put in GTR lighting carbide 2 LED bulbs in my cargo lamps. Didn't seem to have a problem. The red Carbide 2 bulbs were back ordered. They came in and caused problems. Step on the brake pedal and delayed lights from coming on and high brake lamp flashing, no matter which was it was put in. But Alfa OBD to the rescue! Programmed the chmsl to say it has LED bulbs, problem solved. They are also extremely bright!. Try turning the cargo lamps on in reverse, it makes a difference. I also put on the

XTR LP Reverse Light System from Headlight revolution. Wow! I can clearly see in reverse now. Its awesome​

i have the VLED version and it works great!

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah those are sorta like the ones that came with my rails.

Only difference i can see is with the Toyota ones you can actually take them out of the rail on any position (w/o taking the end caps off). The ram ones dont seem to do that.

Which rails do you have on your truck tho? The black or the silver?

I have the black rails. Yes, I was able to install the cleats without taking off the end caps.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Installed a Thunderstruck grill guard

f3432af2a2526f3325769aed14a9344d.jpg

4145c1778dab3ad8803c96ac1082f600.jpg

ad20e685a8db0e70ce7e3a297e6c4e69.jpg

Last edited:

jonmarin9

Reaction score
I haven't done anything yet but hopefully I will soon. I love the Dark Dune front bumper light brackets made for the Rebel. Only problem is that I don't own a Rebel but rather a Limited Night Edition. I reached out to the guys at Shifts and Grins to see if they had anything in the works like this and they said they'd love to give it a go. They asked if I knew anyone in AZ that might have a Limited they could have for a day so they could make up a set of prototype brackets. Unfortunately I'm in NC and don't even know anyone in AZ, let alone someone with a Limited Ram. I figured if there was one place to look, it was here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to get their hands on some American Made bumper mounting brackets from the crew at Shifts and Grins. Would love to find someone in AZ willing to be the guinea pig for this! Let me know or reach out to them through their website. Home | Shifts and Grins Fabrication LLC

monkeypunch

Reaction score
What weather stripping and how are you guys using it to help seal the tailgate? I have a Retrax, but a bunch of water gets in at the 3 tailgate seams.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What weather stripping and how are you guys using it to help seal the tailgate? I have a Retrax, but a bunch of water gets in at the 3 tailgate seams.

Should help. If you have rambox then there’s a different kit for that same manuf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious about the reason for this choice. History of collisions? Part of the armed forces? Your daughter just got her first boyfriend?

It seems a bit excessive to me, but your reason could be a good one.(y)
Lol the First Boyfriend one got me🤣
Don’t know the actual answer to your question but given the Eat Beef on his front bumper and the location of a few of those photos I’m gonna guess the answer might be Cattle…

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious about the reason for this choice. History of collisions? Part of the armed forces? Your daughter just got her first boyfriend?

It seems a bit excessive to me, but your reason could be a good one.(y)
fear and wonder, what would I do with one of those install in a road rage episode

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol the First Boyfriend one got me🤣
Don’t know the actual answer to your question but given the Eat Beef on his front bumper and the location of a few of those photos I’m gonna guess the answer might be Cattle…
it might be worth it in some city areas ,where delivery traffic is heavy like down town. delivery trucks, vans don't care and will back into park vehicles very often

Users who are viewing this thread