5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed the Airlift 1000 bags. Gotta admit I'm a little skeptical, especially about their long term durability, but going camping this weekend. Will see how they do.

Put the valves through the top two bolt holes of the license plate.

pmegason

Reaction score
Just installed the Airlift 1000 bags. Gotta admit I'm a little skeptical, especially about their long term durability, but going camping this weekend. Will see how they do.

I had one blow the valve out after a long road trip with my travel trailer but it leaked from day one so I think it was just a bad bag. They sent me new one with no right away. I haven't pulled the trailer very far since so we will see if there are any issues in the future.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score

I have been using mine for several months now and have pulled the TT several times with NO issues. My bags still hold pressure with no leaks at all. They do not do as much for reducing squat as I was hoping but they do help. If I continue to tow the TT regularly, I may eventually upgrade to the Timber Grove bags, but the Airlift 1000HD seem to do a decent job. We will have to see how long they last though.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been using mine for several months now and have pulled the TT several times with NO issues. My bags still hold pressure with no leaks at all. They do not do as much for reducing squat as I was hoping but they do help. If I continue to tow the TT regularly, I may eventually upgrade to the Timber Grove bags, but the Airlift 1000HD seem to do a decent job. We will have to see how long they last though.
Just curious, what air pressure do you run in them? Do you fill before hookup? How much tounge weight from your trailer?

I'll give these a good chance, but Timber Groves are plan B.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Just curious, what air pressure do you run in them? Do you fill before hookup? How much tounge weight from your trailer?

I'll give these a good chance, but Timber Groves are plan B.
I ran them @ 35psi last weekend and inflated them before hooking up. I keep them @5psi when not towing. The TW of my trailer is ~850lbs loaded

DuaneMiller

Reaction score

I have to admit that I was a little skeptical as well when I installed mine... While I don't tow a trailer, I do tow the truck behind my motorhome with a full size Club Car golf cart loaded in the bed. The cart is electric and weighs in around 1100 lbs. I air up the bags before loading the cart and run between 40 and 45 psi. So far, the airbags have performed great...

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to admit that I was a little skeptical as well when I installed mine... While I don't tow a trailer, I do tow the truck behind my motorhome with a full size Club Car golf cart loaded in the bed. The cart is electric and weighs in around 1100 lbs. I air up the bags before loading the cart and run between 40 and 45 psi. So far, the airbags have performed great...
I don't know why this seems so sacrilegious to me.

A Ram as a tow-car.....that ain't right man!🥺

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score

pmegason

Reaction score
I ran them @ 35psi last weekend and inflated them before hooking up. I keep them @5psi when not towing. The TW of my trailer is ~850lbs loaded
That's about the same for me. I think my new trailer I'm picking up today has a hitch weight of 780. It definitely doesn't help with squat but it does help with that constant up and down bounce.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh those are nice with the little bag hooks!

I didn’t get the ones I heard a lot about under the back seat. So I might pick some of these up.

Wonder if they’ll fit the silver rails too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought 4 used Tacoma tie down cleats from eBay for $30.

They look like these ...
001.jpg

Found some new aftemarket on Amazon for $36 ... https://www.amazon.com/PFCC-PT278-3...154150&pd_rd_wg=imhRU&pd_rd_i=B07Z8N6FFZ&th=1

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's about the same for me. I think my new trailer I'm picking up today has a hitch weight of 780. It definitely doesn't help with squat but it does help with that constant up and down bounce.
Wish I'd seen these responses sooner. I'd have passed on these and gone with Timber Groves. The whole idea of getting bags was to keep it from squatting. Guess I'll find out Friday for sure. My trailer is only around 650 TW, but...

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wish I'd seen these responses sooner. I'd have passed on these and gone with Timber Groves. The whole idea of getting bags was to keep it from squatting. Guess I'll find out Friday for sure. My trailer is only around 650 TW, but...
I don't know if I'm an outlier, but the bags help with squat for me.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought 4 used Tacoma tie down cleats from eBay for $30.

They look like these ...
001.jpg

Found some new aftemarket on Amazon for $36 ... https://www.amazon.com/PFCC-PT278-3...154150&pd_rd_wg=imhRU&pd_rd_i=B07Z8N6FFZ&th=1

Yeah those are sorta like the ones that came with my rails.

Only difference i can see is with the Toyota ones you can actually take them out of the rail on any position (w/o taking the end caps off). The ram ones dont seem to do that.

Which rails do you have on your truck tho? The black or the silver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread