5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

lapoolboy

Reaction score
For the window tint discussion...

If you ever find yourself getting a ticket for window tint....don't sweat it. Just go to court and ask the judge why police cars have tinted windows. Every single time, he/she will tell you it is for the officer's safety. Bingo. Case dismissed. Every private citizen is entitled to his/her own safety as well. A police officer is not entitled to any more or less safety than you are.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If you ever find yourself getting a ticket for window tint....don't sweat it. Just go to court and ask the judge why police cars have tinted windows. Every single time, he/she will tell you it is for the officer's safety. Bingo. Case dismissed. Every private citizen is entitled to his/her own safety as well. A police officer is not entitled to any more or less safety than you are.
Has that ever worked for you?

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah... equal application is a fairy tale. They've already thought of that by identifying exemptions in the law, so good luck with that.

Florida:
There are vehicles exempt from the tint law. Some of these exceptions include certain law enforcement vehicles, medical transportation vehicles, private investigators and also can include some drivers who receive a medical waiver from the Department of Highway Safety after going through a medical evaluation which comes with a signed letter and recommendation by a licensed physician.

fire23south

Reaction score
Some of the 1500 DL reviews talk about bulging of the side panels, requiring pushpins or the like to fasten to the bed sidewall. Also, some issues with where the DL panels mate with the OE rails plastic. Did you experience any issues like these or otherwise?
I did not. The only thing I noticed after installing was that the end (side panel piece closest to tailgate) wasn't completely flushed. I figured it was because of it sitting in the box and possibly heat. I'll take a picture of it. Wasn't a huge deal to me because you don't notice it until you drop the tailgate.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
That is a sweet setup.
Thanks man. I had it on order for about a year, never came in but I happen to find one in stock. From my understanding it always takes a long time to get them even without the supply chain constraints.

I cannot say enough good things about this company, or tell you about all of the times they’ve gone above and beyond for me.

It was always so challenging in the past, because even with an empty rack I could not Open the tailgate with either function

Goldsy

Reaction score
Ordered a Mishimoto catch can and MGP caliper covers today. I guess I know what I’m doing this weekend after I take it to the dealership to get my leaking fuel injector fixed.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had a set back and just couldn’t get them to sit right for the life of me and the quality of cuts bothered my OCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It took a couple of hours to get everything to lay flat. Quality of cuts? The cuts are perfect.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might of gotten a bad cut set. My cuts were rough. Ended up giving up after awhile and putting it off till I had some more Xpel done. This was also during the summer so as you might imagine it was brutal lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread