5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jgc650i

Reaction score
Have been working through installing a large pile of mods in and around a busy work/travel/home schedule since taking delivery a week and a half ago. Will do a larger post with pics of everything when done next weekend. Had to post on one of today's mods though. . . the Hellwig 7709 Sway Bar. I went ahead and put it to the tightest/inside setting. Wow, what a difference, I should have had one of these on my 2019 1500 the past 2.5 years! Took my other half with me on the test drive after install and got an immediate "OMG, it's like a totally different truck" on the first big turn. Seriously, it's amazing that something as simple as swapping in a heavier, more solid sway bar can make such a noticeable difference.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have been working through installing a large pile of mods in and around a busy work/travel/home schedule since taking delivery a week and a half ago. Will do a larger post with pics of everything when done next weekend. Had to post on one of today's mods though. . . the Hellwig 7709 Sway Bar. I went ahead and put it to the tightest/inside setting. Wow, what a difference, I should have had one of these on my 2019 1500 the past 2.5 years! Took my other half with me on the test drive after install and got an immediate "OMG, it's like a totally different truck" on the first big turn. Seriously, it's amazing that something as simple as swapping in a heavier, more solid sway bar can make such a noticeable difference.
I think this is my next big purchase for the truck.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
California is absolutely no tint on front windows or windshield
"The 2022 California window tint laws requirements are for the front windshield and front side windows to have a 70% VLT. California car window tint law has no restriction on how dark the tint on the rear and back side windows can be. However, if the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, it has to have dual side mirrors."

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"The 2022 California window tint laws requirements are for the front windshield and front side windows to have a 70% VLT. California car window tint law has no restriction on how dark the tint on the rear and back side windows can be. However, if the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, it has to have dual side mirrors."
70% when combined with OEM tint. If your car has no tint from the factory, you can only go as low as 88%. You are correct.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Imagine willingly living in a place like California with has bs rules like that. Not me, give me my tint and I’ll go about my day. I can understand not allowing something ridiculously dark but allowing let’s say 30%+ shouldn’t be an issue especially in a very sunny state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Imagine willingly living in a place like California with has bs rules like that. Not me, give me my tint and I’ll go about my day. I can understand not allowing something ridiculously dark but allowing let’s say 30%+ shouldn’t be an issue especially in a very sunny state.

I'm out as soon as I can be. Not from this state originally and got dragged here by my wife after college.

The only time I've ever been pissed about tint is this guy around the corner from my house with double limo on the windows and limo on the windshield. Drives through my neighborhood too fast at night and my kids play out there. Other than that, tint away.

sd2134

Reaction score

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I am ok with some tint, super dark i get annoyed because sometimes making eye contact is needed at certain intersections and since people these days don't know that cars still come with turn signals

Users who are viewing this thread