5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Back to not starting, had to jump it again to get it in the shop to park it. Cameras also aren’t working now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok i know a lot of us have been voicing that we'd never let someone test drive our trucks unsupervised, you are likely just more lenient than us in that department. That is your choice and thats not really any of our business, BUT that doesn't give some A-hole the right to take advantage of that and ruin your truck, ESPECIALLY if you're trying to sell it. I really do hope you get some resolution to the truck's new issues, but also i hope that $h!theel has some consequences for what he did.

Tesla

Reaction score
Ok i know a lot of us have been voicing that we'd never let someone test drive our trucks unsupervised, you are likely just more lenient than us in that department. That is your choice and thats not really any of our business, BUT that doesn't give some A-hole the right to take advantage of that and ruin your truck, ESPECIALLY if you're trying to sell it. I really do hope you get some resolution to the truck's new issues, but also i hope that $h!theel has some consequences for what he did.

Yeah I typically wouldn’t let someone with my truck like that, but I was building a new Ram with a dealer the day before and then I got the call the next morning that this guy wanted my truck. The excitement of the new truck was fogging my mind lol

My thought was that I’ll sell it to him and put the money aside for the new truck

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. If it was none of our business why is it on this chat. If you aren’t looking for opinions than don’t share your situation. Does that make sense? If it doesn’t than take a closer look at your own opinions🤔

Tesla

Reaction score
This was the first time I’ve had any warning light come on in my truck and then these coupons just showed up in my Uconnect app. Guessing a warning light coming on triggers the coupons so you’re more likely to take it to the dealer for service
b6a7161ca22b1e6b3c6234a75589f81b.png

BlueMoose

Reaction score
Well, now my truck won’t start lol. Went from having zero issues for the 20k miles I’ve put on this to now all this from a weekend of a guy driving it

Document, document, document! Make a list of everything that has gone wrong since you got the truck back, any damage, any mechanical issues, anything you've had to do to get it resolved. Get documentation from the dealer or whoever you have look at it as far as fixing it. Write it down, date it, and document the hell out of it so you can go after this jackwagon and get him to pay for the damage he did to your vehicle.

This is NOT okay.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone saying go after the guy. I don’t see how. Unless you have a signed document saying stuff about him having the truck and his is liable. It’s his word against his. He’s just going to deny everything.
If there are any texts or emails, they can be used

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Everyone saying go after the guy. I don’t see how. Unless you have a signed document saying stuff about him having the truck and his is liable. It’s his word against his. He’s just going to deny everything.

This is my thinking too.
Everyone saying get a lawyer and go after him, for what? You have no proof he even drove the truck other than your word and the hope that he's honest which he's shown not to be.
You have no written documentation of "you break it you fix it/own it".
The only action here is getting the truck fixed and either keeping it or selling it. I would however let the uncle know what happened and what you're now going through but trying to go after the other guy civilly is, at this point, worse than pissing in the wind.

BowDown

Reaction score
If there are any texts or emails, they can be used

Emails can be faked and unless you get the text messages from the the cellular carrier, they aren't going to be admissible in court and getting meta data from a carrier will take a court subpoena which requires a lawyer and an already filed and started court case which means $$$$$$

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Changed the oil yesterday and rotated the tires for the 3rd time (about15.5k miles). My best change yet with very little spillage :LOL: . Had some time after, so I fixed the broken exhaust on my beater car. Now to go get that inspected (20 days late 🤫). I really need to put some miles on that instead at 28 mpg, but I just love driving this truck.

WReckeR

Reaction score
A customer of my uncle owns a construction company and was in the market for a new truck. My uncle told him I have a Ram, and told him I’d let him test drive it. Come to find out he told him he can have it for the weekend. I have other cars so I said whatever, let this guy I just met have it on Friday and didn’t hear back from him until today.

He called asking what the difference is between my truck and a different Ram with a couple thousand less miles for a lower price and then said his wife wants to try out a Silverado also. Told him I don’t want to sell my truck anymore and to just return it.

He just dropped it off at my uncles property, completely empty on gas and with a check engine light.

Edit: scanned the code, P1524, (Oil Pressure Out of Range)
Why on earth would you be beholden to honor your uncle's offer? Why not a simple, no fella that's not the deal sorry he misunderstood? Do you do everything your uncle says you will? It's a little weird, honestly.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Emails can be faked and unless you get the text messages from the the cellular carrier, they aren't going to be admissible in court and getting meta data from a carrier will take a court subpoena which requires a lawyer and an already filed and started court case which means $$$$$$
Civil court isn't as strict as criminal court. If you can show proof on your end of emails and texts being exchanged, then it's up to the judge whether he wasn't to accept them or not. If the Uncle submits a statement confirming that he drove the truck, it's pretty hard for the other guy to deny it.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had Mevotech lowers installed and finally got rid of my front end clunking. Passenger side lower ball joint was sloppy at 36k 😡. Feels like a new truck again, steering feels tighter and more responsive.
Now if I need new lower ball joints in the future I can just press these out and press in new ones.

Mevotech lowers are nice quality at a fraction of the cost of OEM lowers.

PXL_20220414_214254359.jpg

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
I put a charger in the Davy Jones area of the console, it has a blue light on it (though too bright) when plugged in. It got me thinking, it’s dark in there and I have an outlet to use that I never use for charging anything, going to buy a little night light for it.

Attachments

• 069680C8-7351-4FF0-922D-2038FA1242E6.jpeg
    069680C8-7351-4FF0-922D-2038FA1242E6.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 77

BowDown

Reaction score
Civil court isn't as strict as criminal court. If you can show proof on your end of emails and texts being exchanged, then it's up to the judge whether he wasn't to accept them or not. If the Uncle submits a statement confirming that he drove the truck, it's pretty hard for the other guy to deny it.

But both of those still need verification. Civil court isn't going to allow unverified evidence anymore than a criminal court would. Second , there's no mechanism to force a defendant to pay after a loss in civil court.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But both of those still need verification. Civil court isn't going to allow unverified evidence anymore than a criminal court would. Second , there's no mechanism to force a defendant to pay after a loss in civil court.
Take 'em to The People's Court. They pay for everything. Just gotta play up the drama.

BowDown

Reaction score
Had Mevotech lowers installed and finally got rid of my front end clunking. Passenger side lower ball joint was sloppy at 36k 😡. Feels like a new truck again, steering feels tighter and more responsive.
Now if I need new lower ball joints in the future I can just press these out and press in new ones.

Mevotech lowers are nice quality at a fraction of the cost of OEM lowers.

View attachment 127073

Mmm pretty

Users who are viewing this thread