5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, now my truck won’t start lol. Went from having zero issues for the 20k miles I’ve put on this to now all this from a weekend of a guy driving it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What code(s) are you getting for the CEL?

And have you lodged the issue with the uncle and the crash test dummy?

Tesla

Reaction score
What code(s) are you getting for the CEL?

And have you lodged the issue with the uncle and the crash test dummy?

P1524 - Oil Pressure Out of Range

Haven’t spoken to either yet

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
P1524 - Oil Pressure Out of Range

Haven’t spoken to either yet

Oil pressure will keep engine from running. PCM will protect engine.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I were wearing your shoes, my first trip with that truck would be to the dealership where it would remain parked until they can get to it (however long that takes). I'm sure you should be able to have this repaired under warranty.

Then I would re-engage that part of my brain that was thinking about an upgrade.

If dude was able to damage your oil system in a weekend, who knows what the brakes, suspension and transmission went through over those 4 days......

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A customer of my uncle owns a construction company and was in the market for a new truck. My uncle told him I have a Ram, and told him I’d let him test drive it. Come to find out he told him he can have it for the weekend. I have other cars so I said whatever, let this guy I just met have it on Friday and didn’t hear back from him until today.

He called asking what the difference is between my truck and a different Ram with a couple thousand less miles for a lower price and then said his wife wants to try out a Silverado also. Told him I don’t want to sell my truck anymore and to just return it.

He just dropped it off at my uncles property, completely empty on gas and with a check engine light.

Edit: scanned the code, P1524, (Oil Pressure Out of Range)
I am at a loss for words, people just don't care and have no respect for others.

This is why have trust issues...I am known as the a$$hole in the family because I am so strict about leading my stuff out.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Long Door was rubbing the right(short door) when opening. Here are some pics. Does my MFT look normal? The third pic shows where the doors were hitting. It seems the long door is lower than the right door and that the left door doesn’t close all of the way judging by the last picture.
Yeah that is not right, I will take a pic of mine later. 2 years of use and I still don't have any rubbing issues.

Tesla

Reaction score
Jumped it and now it’s starting fine. Gonna leave it in my shop and have it looked at tomorrow

Back to not starting, had to jump it again to get it in the shop to park it. Cameras also aren’t working now
4b4cad4e02a09afa8c858a209250585c.jpg

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am at a loss for words, people just don't care and have no respect for others.

This is why have trust issues...I am known as the a$$hole in the family because I am so strict about leading my stuff out.

I'm at a loss for words about that and lending it out like that.

If my uncle/father/wife/best friend whoever told someone they could borrow my truck like that, I'd kindly and politely tell all of them to f*ck off. The absolute most I would do in a scenario like that is let someone I know and trust test drive it with me in it with them. If people want to borrow it to pick something up or move something, I'll either just help them (obviously good friends and family I'll always help) do it or say I can't help to others.

Hope he can get these issues resolved without too much hassle/frustration/money but it already sounds like it's not looking good. Sucks that guy treated your truck like he was test driving one from a dealership he hated.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Long Door was rubbing the right(short door) when opening. Here are some pics. Does my MFT look normal? The third pic shows where the doors were hitting. It seems the long door is lower than the right door and that the left door doesn’t close all of the way judging by the last picture.
oh snap i was thinking at the hinges... i'll go out and look at mine right now and get some pics.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, now my truck won’t start lol. Went from having zero issues for the 20k miles I’ve put on this to now all this from a weekend of a guy driving it

This is beyond something I'd be able to keep my sanity over. This clown had the balls to put a child seat in it?!?!?! and now you're having all these crazy problems? First, i would dis-uncle my uncle, or whatever that process is, but i'd DEF be on the phone to a lawyer to see if there is anything i could do about all of this... Where's Furio, Paully Walnuts and Christopher when you need em?!?!

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the guy know your truck is ****ting the bed since he used it. Wtf. I’d be all over this guy

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Back to not starting, had to jump it again to get it in the shop to park it. Cameras also aren’t working now
4b4cad4e02a09afa8c858a209250585c.jpg

Cameras will go out if battery is dead or disconnected. Takes a few hours of good battery for the system to reset and all functions to start working again

Derek916

Reaction score
oh snap i was thinking at the hinges... i'll go out and look at mine right now and get some pics.
Thanks.

What do you guys think is the most likely recourse I can expect for repairs? I am sort of wanting to go for a completely new MFT tail gate since it was installed wrong and is now "damaged" due to FCA's error. I've done touch up paint for now and honestly it's fine if they fix the alignment issue, but I'm thinking I should expect more out of a $65K truck.

LX Sport

Reaction score

Dude what the hell. Have you bothered to ask this guy what the hell he was doing with your truck? Any oil pressure CEL would have me absolutely losing my ****...this is "your break it you buy it" territory.

Maybe next time tell your Uncle and his customers to eff off.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks.

What do you guys think is the most likely recourse I can expect for repairs? I am sort of wanting to go for a completely new MFT tail gate since it was installed wrong and is now "damaged" due to FCA's error. I've done touch up paint for now and honestly it's fine if they fix the alignment issue, but I'm thinking I should expect more out of a $65K truck.
yeesh... soooo mine actually kinda does that too... which is kinda bad news i think because looking at it my long gate is a CH higher than my short gate... but i have never even noticed before i looked at this but there is a bit if rubbing of the metal at the middle where the latches are, but only slightly. that said there are an F-ton of bolts in the side frames that hold the "leafs" so maybe there is an adjustment to be made? be nice to hear from anyone who has a multi-gate from a previous model year thats a little older than ours... or even a lottle older preferably. Looking back at yours tho your contact is definitely closer than mine... sho hopefully there is an adjustment to be made.

Then maybe a good spot for some PPF? surprising with all the plastic non-marring surfaces on these trucks that there wouldn't be one there too. 🤔

IMG_8695.jpeg IMG_8693.jpeg IMG_8694.jpeg IMG_8696.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online