5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Derek916

Reaction score
Today I ran into an issue with my MFT Tailgate on my driveway. When I went to open it today my left door metal was rubbing the right side causing paint damage. Scheduled a warranty appointment to see if an adjustment to the door can be made.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I put a pause on my riding career about 6 yrs ago after a "near miss". I figured my little ones deserved to have a dad for a few more years yet.😟
Glad it was just a miss for you, I'm sure your kids appreciate it :)

I did something similar about 10 years ago. Dropped the bike when I came around a blind turn where some a$$hat had blown fresh cut grass on the road. Hated wearing a helmet (still do), ended up losing a season of riding. Decided that when I got back on the road I would start wearing one - Had two sons deployed overseas at the time, and the thought of them having to hear of my demise while they were risking their lives everyday was an irony I couldn't live with.

fire23south

Reaction score
Just added my Dualliner yesterday. Took me all of 30 minutes if not less to do. I put a Stanley storage box with wheels on it and then went driving for about 20 minutes to test the mats ability to keep things in place... And as advertised, it didn't move an inch seems like. I'm not going to be throwing a lot of stuff back there so I'm very satisfied with my choice.

Attachments

• PXL_20220418_212455089.jpg
    PXL_20220418_212455089.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 116
  • PXL_20220418_214302147.jpg
    PXL_20220418_214302147.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 116
  • PXL_20220419_115121516.jpg
    PXL_20220419_115121516.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 117

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just added my Dualliner yesterday. Took me all of 30 minutes if not less to do. I put a Stanley storage box with wheels on it and then went driving for about 20 minutes to test the mats ability to keep things in place... And as advertised, it didn't move an inch seems like. I'm not going to be throwing a lot of stuff back there so I'm very satisfied with my choice.
I had a Dual Liner on my first Ram. This one came with a spray-in, but I think I liked the DL better. More slip resistant, more comfortable when kneeling in the bed, and supposedly the walls are more impact resistant.

Of course, I could still put a DL in my truck, even with the factory spray liner. If I were to order again, I think I’d delete the factory line and go with Dual Liner again.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today I ran into an issue with my MFT Tailgate on my driveway. When I went to open it today my left door metal was rubbing the right side causing paint damage. Scheduled a warranty appointment to see if an adjustment to the door can be made.
So wait, when it's open the short section is coming in contact with the brake light housing or the top of the bed rail???? Mine has a pretty clear space on both sides when fully open between the bed and the gate. there muse be some adjustment they can make, cuz it should not be opening that far.

Last edited:

fire23south

Reaction score
I had a Dual Liner on my first Ram. This one came with a spray-in, but I think I liked the DL better. More slip resistant, more comfortable when kneeling in the bed, and supposedly the walls are more impact resistant.

Of course, I could still put a DL in my truck, even with the factory spray liner. If I were to order again, I think I’d delete the factory line and go with Dual Liner again.
I agree about the slip resistance. It seems great so far. Can't wait to put some luggage back there and go on a trip. That'll be the true test. But it was one of the main reasons why I went with the DL over the spray in. I heard and read about the pro's and con's of both. With this being my first truck and not wanting to make an appointment, wait for that date to arrive, and then take my truck in to get sprayed, and wait again until finished, I decided to go with the DL. This will also help me form my own opinion on its durability and usefulness over time.

Tesla

Reaction score
A customer of my uncle owns a construction company and was in the market for a new truck. My uncle told him I have a Ram, and told him I’d let him test drive it. Come to find out he told him he can have it for the weekend. I have other cars so I said whatever, let this guy I just met have it on Friday and didn’t hear back from him until today.

He called asking what the difference is between my truck and a different Ram with a couple thousand less miles for a lower price and then said his wife wants to try out a Silverado also. Told him I don’t want to sell my truck anymore and to just return it.

He just dropped it off at my uncles property, completely empty on gas and with a check engine light.

Edit: scanned the code, P1524, (Oil Pressure Out of Range)

Last edited:

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A customer of my uncle owns a construction company and was in the market for a new truck. My uncle told him I have a Ram, and told him I’d let him test drive it. Come to find out he told him he can have it for the weekend. I have other cars so I said whatever, let this guy I just met have it on Friday and didn’t hear back from him until today.

He called asking what the difference is between my truck and a different Ram with a couple thousand less miles for a lower price and then said his wife wants to try out a Silverado also. Told him I don’t want to sell my truck anymore and to just return it.

He just dropped it off at my uncles property, completely empty on gas and with a check engine light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woah dude! That sucks....royally!

BUT I would say that you have to stomach some of the blame on this one. No way I am letting an OWNER of a construction company test drive my truck without me in it, let alone to keep it overnight. Those guys abuse their trucks...they put them to work! On top of that, As the owner, he would be the least likely to worry about wear and tear as he is answerable to no one. God only knows what he put your truck through to "test it".

That is just really a bummer though.

BlueMoose

Reaction score

Hope your uncle - the one who "volunteered" your truck for the weekend in the first place - will help with any repairs to damage that his customer caused. 😡

Derek916

Reaction score
So wait, when it's open the short section is coming in contact with the brake light housing or the top of the bed rail???? Mine has a pretty clear space on both sides when fully open between the bed and the gate. there muse be some adjustment they can make, cuz it should not be opening that far.
The Long Door was rubbing the right(short door) when opening. Here are some pics. Does my MFT look normal? The third pic shows where the doors were hitting. It seems the long door is lower than the right door and that the left door doesn’t close all of the way judging by the last picture.

Attachments

• 28B5FA7A-54B8-4946-B0A2-DF1DC05446FC.jpeg
    28B5FA7A-54B8-4946-B0A2-DF1DC05446FC.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 9F94F758-E3CB-4F19-978B-22F7946FBB78.jpeg
    9F94F758-E3CB-4F19-978B-22F7946FBB78.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 80
  • A02D24D4-1B0C-4529-AEBB-FA50581899D2.jpeg
    A02D24D4-1B0C-4529-AEBB-FA50581899D2.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 0DFAFB21-7FB9-4CDD-9C11-6ADC2ABCF027.jpeg
    0DFAFB21-7FB9-4CDD-9C11-6ADC2ABCF027.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 79

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Long Door was rubbing the right(short door) when opening. Here are some pics. Does my MFT look normal? The third pic shows where the doors were hitting. It seems the long door is lower than the right door and that the left door doesn’t close all of the way judging by the last picture.
Definitely doesn't look right. Either needs adjusted, or replaced due to possible bent hinges.

Tesla

Reaction score
Looks like he had a child seat in the back also, as the seats used to look brand new. Best way to get rid of these indents?
ceb5bb1ea1dd6963b764b782cc35a202.jpg

c2e09445fdc9ac0e1fdf9d137233c759.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, now my truck won’t start lol. Went from having zero issues for the 20k miles I’ve put on this to now all this from a weekend of a guy driving it

I'd definitely be making some heated phone calls to this guy. Might even need to get lawyers involved if it's something warranty won't fix. But can still easily claim for loss of use of the vehicle.

70runner

Reaction score
I agree about the slip resistance. It seems great so far. Can't wait to put some luggage back there and go on a trip. That'll be the true test. But it was one of the main reasons why I went with the DL over the spray in. I heard and read about the pro's and con's of both. With this being my first truck and not wanting to make an appointment, wait for that date to arrive, and then take my truck in to get sprayed, and wait again until finished, I decided to go with the DL. This will also help me form my own opinion on its durability and usefulness over time.
Some of the 1500 DL reviews talk about bulging of the side panels, requiring pushpins or the like to fasten to the bed sidewall. Also, some issues with where the DL panels mate with the OE rails plastic. Did you experience any issues like these or otherwise?

Users who are viewing this thread