5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Can you show me where you mounted the switch inside the cab?

I haven’t mounted a switch just yet. Currently waiting for the switch I ordered from Billet Automotive Buttons to come in. The company is in Australia so it has to go through customs first. I’m using a switch I had laying around as a temporary fix. I plan to mount the new switch similarly to this photo I found from another member’s post.

b7a902dd7b9218f13ebadd8f2444f44c.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thats awesome!
I love the 23-24 mpg out of my v6 but I think my next Ram will be the Ecodiesel.

My neighbor has a 19 Ram Bighorn Night Edition with the Hemi, he's getting 14.2.....OUCH!
It’s not all rainbows and butterflies. If you compare cost of services when using Mopar parts, then simple things like oil changes are much more expensive. Using an aftermarket filter levels the playing field though. Then there’s all the emissions equipment that will eventually fail. On top of that, it’s essentially a Fiat engine. All those concerns aside, I wouldn’t have it any other way. In fact, I traded my ‘21 ram 1500 hemi four months after I bought it for the ‘22 ecodiesel and have no regrets.

When Ram comes out with a gas engine that can get mid 20s in real world long-term testing, then I will switch to that engine. But until then, I don’t trust their “perfect conditions” testing to generate their mpg estimates that no real drivers can achieve.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Not my truck but last monday we installed a set of our A Pillar / Ditch Light brackets on a customers Rebel along with a set of Diode Dynamics SS5 Pods we had. Install came out really nice and clean. The harness that you can add to the light purchase makes wiring clean and a breeze. When our TRX gets in I will install these same lights using our brackets.
View attachment 124410 View attachment 124411 View attachment 124412 View attachment 124413
Those lights are…big. I’ve always seen smaller pods up there. Any reason why you used these large ones?

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the offset one better. But if you could split the difference it would be perfect IMO.
That's pretty much what I decided too. If the tire was even with the fender flare, it would be perfect. Oh well, back to Amazon they go.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all got me all messed up. I'm just gonna leave them off.
If you were not pushing the limits to your truck with towing, keep them on. The chances of a failure are pretty slim.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hahah not one person said they like the stock better, we all agree the offset was the way to go. do what you like though
I ran it past a couple buddies and my wife. They all said no lol.

They said it doesn't go with the sleek, lowered look of the truck. Said it would be better with aggressive tires and a lift. Something about looking like a "lowrider" truck.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They said it doesn't go with the sleek, lowered look of the truck. Said it would be better with aggressive tires and a lift. Something about looking like a "lowrider" truck.

And what do you think?

WReckeR

Reaction score
So, everyone complains about the oil filter change. There are two aspects to it. One is spillage onto the truck, and the other is spillage on yourself. I at least have a great solution for spillage onto the truck.

My kids have a little dog at their mom's who was a bit of a rescue and has never been great about signaling a need to go out to pee. So, she buys pee pads for the dog. Sometimes the dog stays with us at my house, and a couple of these pads have made it over for those visits. So I thought, why not try?!

It's absorbent material on one side, with a plastic backing. They're pretty big too, big enough to drape over the truck parts above which the filter mounts. You don't have to be too careful, the pee pad will catch the drips! Then you can throw it away with the rest of the oil waste. If you're careful about placement, you could probably get multiple uses out of it, for its size.

I don't have a store source, as I'm not the buyer. Probably any pet store.

Sorry no photos of it being used. It worked for me, but I didn't think to take a picture of it at that time.

1648586218943.png

S. Snake

Reaction score
Looked up the instant cash thing on KBB. Not enough to tempt me to get rid of it but good to know i'm ahead on the value. Also drove it to work while I wait for the car I shipped via carmax to arrive.

U

User_67930

I tried spacers on mine too and felt the same way, just didn't go with the lowered look.

Users who are viewing this thread