5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jgc650i

Reaction score
This thread has cost me a S--t-Ton of money! ;) Replacing my 2019 Limited with a 2022, which has been built and should be delivered in next 2 to 3 weeks (hopefully). I've looked through about half of this thread from most recent working backwards and I've already purchased and received all the below mods. I'll have a very busy weekend once the new truck comes home. Will post pics when everything is done. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread (I think -LOL)!!

Purchased Mods:

Mopar RamAir Cold Air Intake
HellWig Sway Bar
ReTrax PowerMaxPro XR Bed Cover
BedRug Impact Bed Liner
Putco Blade 60" Tailgate Light Bar
Switched LED Light Strips for Bed Lighting
Husky Mud Guards
TuxMat Front/Rear AllWeather Floor Mats
Lloyd Mats Ultimate Front/Rear Carpet Floor Mats (transferring from current truck)
BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus DashCam (transferring from current truck)
KYKR Premium Screen Protector for 12" UConnect
Motrobe Center Console Organizer
Motrobe Glove Box Organizer

Will also be getting full vehicle Ceramic Coating and Ceramic Tint (keeping existing rear setup and clear tinting front windows and windshield) immediately after delivery.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
17,500 miles on the 2021, last oil change was 8K miles ago and we're leaving on a 2,000 mile (minimum) trip next week so.... went ahead and did almost all of the 20K mile service. The Diesel Fuel Filter didn't arrive in time and the dealer didn't have one so today:

1. Installed Summer tires
  2. Changed oil & filter
  3. Engine air filter
  4. Cabin air filter
  5. drained fuel filter
k3aLHBd.jpeg
0sKUtOy.jpeg
0wP9vqI.jpeg
zxoMAq1.jpeg
uemkcI8.jpeg
MfgcstF.jpeg
What is the thing attached to your oil drain and how do I get one?

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

UnclJim

Reaction score

Attachments

• B16ED2D9-FFB3-4BAD-BB4B-151179AC54B1.jpeg
    B16ED2D9-FFB3-4BAD-BB4B-151179AC54B1.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 46CBB27E-F86E-44B3-9077-3C15BDAADB48.jpeg
    46CBB27E-F86E-44B3-9077-3C15BDAADB48.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s a ValvoMax Stainless Oil Drain Valve. Not sure if the threads are the same on hemi pan and eco-d pan. But this is the one I got from Amazon.

ValvoMax Stainless Oil Drain Valve - No Tools, No Mess, Fast Drain - for M14-1.50 - Stainless Drain Hose Attachment https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077Z9GQCB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XB07JXSTP7SN0HMG997Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
This is one of the greatest things ever and I have to buy it. My truck is due for its next change, but it can wait the Prime One-Day shipping.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is one of the greatest things ever and I have to buy it. My truck is due for its next change, but it can wait the Prime One-Day shipping.
I'm sure all the oil drain valves are pretty similar in function. I use a fumoto drain valve and it's a game changer when changing the oil. Link below

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sure all the oil drain valves are pretty similar in function. I use a fumoto drain valve and it's a game changer when changing the oil. Link below

That one looks pretty cool too.

Ordered this one. I like how it is all one piece and I don't have to worry about losing the drain piece like the Valvomax. Just simpler to me.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

That one looks pretty cool too.

Ordered this one. I like how it is all one piece and I don't have to worry about losing the drain piece like the Valvomax. Just simpler to me.
Your results may vary, but I ended up ordering the drain tube kit for the Fumoto valve because the first oil change using the Fumoto valve, with the way it ran out the drain, when the oil hit the drain pan, it just splattered everywhere, including our of the drain pan. Using the hose, I can direct it into pan at different angle to prevent splatter

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your results may vary, but I ended up ordering the drain tube kit for the Fumoto valve because the first oil change using the Fumoto valve, with the way it ran out the drain, when the oil hit the drain pan, it just splattered everywhere, including our of the drain pan. Using the hose, I can direct it into pan at different angle to prevent splatter
I have a Fumoto valve on my 60 gal air compressor. Constantly has a little leakage not an issue in my situation since I run a hose into a gallon bucket. Not sure if the ones for our trucks are different, but sure look the same. And to be fair I haven't troubleshot the issue or called them since not a big deal on my compressor ... but on my truck......

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a short 3/8" ID hose to put on it for draining alongside. The only Fumoto with the kit is the long nipple and I kind of like the swivel of the F106SX.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a short 3/8" ID hose to put on it for draining alongside. The only Fumoto with the kit is the long nipple and I kind of like the swivel of the F106SX.
They make a snap on plastic nipple for them, I have the same valve as you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220326-194640.png
    Screenshot_20220326-194640.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 59

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They make a snap on plastic nipple for them, I have the same valve as you.
Nice! They don't have it available, but I found just the nipple adapter for $6. Will take a little longer to get here, but I'll just shove the tube on there with a zip tie in the meantime.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes a hose adapter is needed, if not it will still splash on the stabilizer bar.

Users who are viewing this thread