5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

U

User_63152

bdff61ec8ebbc386859d46bad64493c0.jpg

I installed my tow hooks. They’ve been waiting in a box for several week, I’m glad to have them on the truck.

Pretty.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a 7/16 wrench stand on its end just before I ran over it. Saw it at the last minute turning into my neighborhood, somehow it stood up on its end and went through the right front tire. Made it the 1/4 mile to my driveway just to here the hiss of the last of the air escape.
Crazy **** happens.

Gitter

Reaction score
Thank you! Taping off the outer curves and the inner curved edges of the blind spot sensor cover was a nightmare. I first attempted to trace the curves out with an Exacto knife but felt like I was scratching the sh!t out of the lenses more than anything. I resorted to cutting out tiny strips of masking tape and using the straight edges of the tape to gradually follow the curves. This was painstakingly monotonous and took up about 75% of the entire time I spent on this project. It was a very crude but surprisingly effective method.

10/10 would suffer again lol
20210514_110439.jpg
I did the same method and it worked out well. Almost a year later and it still looks great and have not had a single issue with the blind spot system (even with the trailer auto detect feature). 👍

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got the truck with 32k miles, and both front tires had significant wear on the outer edge- it wouldn’t have passed state inspection I just bought new-ish tires on FB, so figured it was a good time to get it done. The front passenger side was off but only a little, so most likely the previous owner just never rotated. I rotate the tires on all my vehicles when I change the oil. It’s probably overkill but at least I know they’ll wear evenly.

Just some of the things to worry about when buying a used vehicle.
There seems to be a known issue with the air ride suspension and premature tire wear on the edges. Most have determined it to be caused by the aero mode when driving, or driving in off-road 1 or 2 for looks, as the alignment is done in regular hight mode, and when you raise or lower it with the air ride, the camber alignment changes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you! Taping off the outer curves and the inner curved edges of the blind spot sensor cover was a nightmare. I first attempted to trace the curves out with an Exacto knife but felt like I was scratching the sh!t out of the lenses more than anything. I resorted to cutting out tiny strips of masking tape and using the straight edges of the tape to gradually follow the curves. This was painstakingly monotonous and took up about 75% of the entire time I spent on this project. It was a very crude but surprisingly effective method.

10/10 would suffer again lol
Next time use electrical tape, or pinstripping to go around the curves. It will stretch and trace the curves. Then you can.put the masking tape over top of that and not worry about it having to be exact.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There seems to be a known issue with the air ride suspension and premature tire wear on the edges. Most have determined it to be caused by the aero mode when driving, or driving in off-road 1 or 2 for looks, as the alignment is done in regular hight mode, and when you raise or lower it with the air ride, the camber alignment changes.
I have the air ride. I haven’t seen any issue with abnormal wear regarding aero mode. Of course, I rotate tires every oil change at 5k.
You can only use Off-road setting up to 45mph, so you’re not going to see much of that happening as a cause, unless you don’t go beyond city driving as constantly resetting it would be a pain in the derrière.
Although….I imagine some don’t mind a bit of pain to look cool.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the air ride. I haven’t seen any issue with abnormal wear regarding aero mode. Of course, I rotate tires every oil change at 5k.
You can only use Off-road setting up to 45mph, so you’re not going to see much of that happening as a cause, unless you don’t go beyond city driving as constantly resetting it would be a pain in the derrière.
Although….I imagine some don’t mind a bit of pain to look cool.
There is an entire thread about abnormal tire wear. Almost everyone posting in that thread has the air ride suspension. You don't see many with out air ride saying they have the issue.

U

User_67930

The gloss black Limited B pillar trim came in and I got it installed.
20220306_102442.jpg

Before.
20220306_102350.jpg

After
20220306_111013.jpg

But, whoever packed them messed up. The drivers side rear bag was labeled correctly but the part inside was wrong, so now I have to go back to the dealership and exchange it for the right piece. :rolleyes:
20220306_111422.jpg

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The gloss black Limited B pillar trim came in and I got it installed.
View attachment 122491

Before.
View attachment 122492

After
View attachment 122493

But, whoever packed them messed up. The drivers side rear bag was labeled correctly but the part inside was wrong, so now I have to go back to the dealership and exchange it for the right piece. :rolleyes:
View attachment 122494
I ordered from BAM and had the same issue. The outside package was labeled “B Pillar Applique, Left 68292937ac“, but inside it had the B Pillar Applique, Left 68292935ac”. How was the install?

U

User_67930

I ordered from BAM and had the same issue. The outside package was labeled “B Pillar Applique, Left 68292937ac“, but inside it had the B Pillar Applique, Left 68292935ac”. How was the install?
Super easy. There is one little torx screw on the inside of each door, remove it and then just grab hold of the original trim piece and pull it off. They are held in by 3 clips and 2 strips of double sided tape.

U

User_67930

Nice, but for me it looks out of place as everything else on the windows is matt.
It looks way better in person then in pics. It makes the front and rear door glass look like one piece instead of 2 with a cheap looking plasticky divider.

Nova90

Reaction score

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally installed my Net Audio box with Sundown SA-12 sub and Sundown SFB-1000 amp.
View attachment 122422
View attachment 122423
View attachment 122424

And removed the teeny tiny factory Alpine subwoofer
View attachment 122425

And I also discovered that blue streak pearl is the same shade as Bud Light!!!!!
View attachment 122426
Something that surprised me when I unhooked my alpine sub was that it set 3 codes in the BCM (1 for each voice coil disconnected). The dealer alerted me to that one and I told them to ignore it.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I have air ride and only noticed this on the stock goodyears. 10k miles into the pirelli as+3 and I have noticed no wear whereas the stock tires were over 1/2 gone at 10k miles. I leave the air system in automatic and am in aero 99% of the time.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is an entire thread about abnormal tire wear. Almost everyone posting in that thread has the air ride suspension. You don't see many with out air ride saying they have the issue.

I've seen none air ride complaints as well. I didn't see a thread in the suspension section, where's the thread, I'd like to read that

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen none air ride complaints as well. I didn't see a thread in the suspension section, where's the thread, I'd like to read that
As I said, the number on owners without air ride comaolining are rare compared to those with air ride

Users who are viewing this thread