5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Installed the OEM bed lighting kit ( Part # 82215272AC ) on my ‘19 1500 and used AlfaOBD to reprogram the BCM. They’re not quite as bright as the LED strips I had under the bed rails of my ‘13 1500, but I wanted the OEM look/feel with this one. The latching on/off switch on the driver’s side light is handy, and the controlling of the overhead cargo lights with the switch is a nice touch. Overall pretty satisfied with the outcome, though I’m already tempted to add more underneath the bed rails since the cargo light signal is so easily accessible now.

24611829453db7a6d4c6d290be926940.jpg

aee0656b8a9d8aa5ea01a8e70327d1eb.jpg

54f6f9ff462a2735f1c2100c8e4a70df.jpg

Well I gave in to the temptation and added some LED’s underneath the bed rails, in addition to the OEM bed lights I added a week ago. Now I’m definitely satisfied with the light output.

c5e906a953b9cfd49421cba70d3d071d.jpg

06e096a34c9b9d772d25d2a02e8b05ee.jpg

Before/After:

d6ecf1bbee8eefa87a2542f773426611.jpg

doug55579

Reaction score
Also went ahead and added the tow hooks and left them black, for now. Have plans to do them Daytona Yellow as soon as my paint order comes in. View attachment 119794

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those hooks look great. I was going to do that with my Big Horn Black but never did. One of those things that should be factory.

cjerman617

Reaction score
Well I gave in to the temptation and added some LED’s underneath the bed rails, in addition to the OEM bed lights I added a week ago. Now I’m definitely satisfied with the light output.

c5e906a953b9cfd49421cba70d3d071d.jpg

06e096a34c9b9d772d25d2a02e8b05ee.jpg

Before/After:

d6ecf1bbee8eefa87a2542f773426611.jpg

Did you do the strips or led pods? Do you have a link?

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Did you do the strips or led pods? Do you have a link?

I went with these pods based off their dimensions, and they fit nicely in the larger flat areas underneath the bed rails. I used these fasteners to tidy up and conceal the wiring. I ran the wiring towards the rear, and cut/spliced into the OEM bed light wiring for power and ground and soldered/heat shrunk the connections. On the driver’s side OEM bed light, I tapped into the two wires (brown/white stripe, black) going to the bottom connector.

Last edited:

Duran

Reaction score
Plus, it doesn't help that most (non Ram) people still think our trucks are a Dodge...not knowing that Ram functionally separated from Dodge back in 2009
Very true im constantly sounding like the a hole always correcting but eeehhhh

cjerman617

Reaction score
I went with these pods based off their dimensions, and they fit nicely in the larger flat areas underneath the bed rails. I used these fasteners to tidy up and conceal the wiring. I ran the wiring towards the rear, and cut/spliced into the OEM bed light wiring for power and ground and soldered/heat shrunk the connections. On the driver’s side OEM bed light, I tapped into the two wires (brown/white stripe, black) going to the bottom connector.

Thank you for the info!

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
Had a 14” magnaflow 5x8 oval muffler installed, nice low rumble sound. Can hear it in the cab while accelerating and then goes away when at cruising speed or when you lay off the gas. Give it a little more low rumble sound but not to loud at all. Video quality really doesn’t do justice to the sound as in person does. (Trying to upload video, may be a to be continued:()Also had a rare no sport Saturday so the kids and I give it a full detail, wash and wax, door jams and all, full interior and glass detail. She sure shines now! Also installed a couple led light strips under the tailgate!
Love that interior, probably the best that ram has ever put together IMO. Looks great.

pmegason

Reaction score
Wow, that looks incredible! I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota, in blue. I just hit 200,000 miles on it Monday. I live in the snow belt, so it's absolutely rusted out but I drove it to work today in 4x4 mode and it runs fine. It does leak coolant constantly, in locations I cannot repair without an engine teardown.

So, to see what appears to be a very clean Dakota really tugs at my heart strings.
Yeah it is really clean. A few dings but for the age I can't complain. Oh and the mileage was only 137K. I have always like the Dakotas. A smaller truck but with a V8.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
Mine still pings with 91 too. With Arco it pings like crazy! I’m bringing it into the dealership next week because it’s BS that I have to run 91 and even then it pings so much.

I did the same a bunch of times and they said it was nothing and couldn’t do anything about it. Good luck to you.

2019 Ram 1500 ORP “long bed” - setting #5 bilsteins, 2”mopar ucas, hellwig sway bar, tonneau cover, bed mat, 20” Laramie sport wheels on 285/60r20 falkens. Flowmaster outlaw.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Same. It hit low 30's yesterday ( heat wave! ), so I was able to rinse the salt off. It's staying home for a couple days to keep relatively clean ha.
Almost every problem I have had with my Dakota has been related to the rust. I would exclude the 6 or so rear differential rebuilds it has had. A rusty vehicle becomes very difficult to maintain. I'm amazed I've gotten 21 years out of it. It has plenty of cancerous body holes, coolant leaks in 2 places that I can't repair without an engine rebuild, and my 2nd exhaust is rotted.

BUT IT STILL DRIVES! It loves snow duty too. 4x4 has NEVER given me problems.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Almost every problem I have had with my Dakota has been related to the rust. I would exclude the 6 or so rear differential rebuilds it has had. A rusty vehicle becomes very difficult to maintain. I'm amazed I've gotten 21 years out of it. It has plenty of cancerous body holes, coolant leaks in 2 places that I can't repair without an engine rebuild, and my 2nd exhaust is rotted.

BUT IT STILL DRIVES! It loves snow duty too. 4x4 has NEVER given me problems.
I feel ya. I usually don't keep a vehicle long enough to see the effects ha, but I still try to keep them nice. My beater is a 20 year old neon. It looks terrible, and my wife hates it, but it gets 30 mpg and cost me 20 bucks a month for minimum insurance. I love that parts are relatively cheap too. Just did an entire rear brake kit. Shoes, drums, wheel cylinders, hoses, the whole thing. 80 bucks ha. I can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread