5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Moosefire66

Reaction score
2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2021 RAM 3500 Blackout Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
2020 Jayco NorthPoint 382FL
2021 Luxe Elite 42FL
2022 Grand Design Solitude 380FL-R

Don't mean to pry... but what in the blue F*@# do you do for work to afford all that stuff in your sig?!? I thought I made good money until I saw that, then I had to sprint to the bathroom to prevent myself from shatting myself

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tinkered with and got familiar with AlfaOBD. Disabled fog light drop out and signature lighting and set the amber turn signals as the DRL location. Very impressed with the software configuration capabilities.

38a33688a68e1842591176c68efc3000.jpg

7fea12c97ffc023960a0f4dda68fe4e4.jpg
Is that type USA and turn signal for DRL in the options?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Spare wasn't useless until you made it useless by putting bigger tires on the truck, and not changing the size of your spare tire
Yep and I don’t regret it one bit! And even if I changed the size of my spare it still wouldn’t change the fact that the factory spare is useless in my case ;)

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Very nice. I have found that 63mph provides the best compromise between fuel economy and getting there in a reasonable time. If I was going on a trip over an hour's time, I couldn't bear driving that slowly. I prefer 75-79 if I'm going out of state.

But at 63mph on flat interstate I can get 19-21 mpg.

Now be sure to calculate your fuel economy manually -- miles per tank divided by gallons added at the pump. You'll find that the truck's fancy meter is about 10% optimistic. I think it's unforgiveable. Hard to believe in the 21st century that the computer can't be more accurate. Remember when they first landed on the moon, and they knew their fuel load down to the second and that was over 50 years ago.
I hand calculated my gas mileage for 4-5 tanks. It's so accurate that I stopped double checking.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't mean to pry... but what in the blue F*@# do you do for work to afford all that stuff in your sig?!? I thought I made good money until I saw that, then I had to sprint to the bathroom to prevent myself from shatting myself

Hahahaha I thought the same thing🤣🤣 I’d like to have that many toys!

DanoUF

Reaction score
I was actually wondering the same about the bed extender parts as my truck has the ram boxes and the multigate. I already bought the extender parts tho, haha so I’ll let eryone know when it gets here if/how they work. I hope they do, or there’ll be some parts up for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't have to wait, it works.

Gadgetech

Reaction score
Do you have part numbers for the bed extender parts. Apparently they will work on a MFT.

EDIT: Nevermind, found on Amazon

I actually did not buy them from Amazon b/c some reviews said the bolts were the wrong thread pitch. I bought them on eBay and they are OEM parts. They are over double the price of the Amazon ones. I'd rather have OEM so the $60 difference wasn't a big deal to me. Here are the OEM part #s if interested: 68054997AB (qty 2) and 68054996AA (qty 2).

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually did not buy them from Amazon b/c some reviews said the bolts were the wrong thread pitch. I bought them on eBay and they are OEM parts. They are over double the price of the Amazon ones. I'd rather have OEM so the $60 difference wasn't a big deal to me. Here are the OEM part #s if interested: 68054997AB (qty 2) and 68054996AA (qty 2).
Thanks for the part numbers! I agree with you about paying more to get quality. I’m impatient and inpulsive so I already ordered the Amazon ones so we’ll see. If wrong pitch or poor quality I’ll return them or throw them in the pile of ordered and not using pile if to much trouble to return!

dss90c

Reaction score
The Night Edition includes the 22" wheels, and I have kept them.

Speaking of 22" wheels, they're quite vulnerable being so close to the pavement. I hit this road damage on Sunday and lost the air in my tire. It won't inflate above 20psi. Very ugly.
View attachment 117409 View attachment 117410
Man that sucks - This is something that I am also worried about with the 22" rims.

NRitland2

Reaction score

I believe they call it the art of leverage.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is what the fuelly app is great for, my truck is always 1mpg higher by the computer on average, except when towing oddly, it’s within +/- .2mpg consistently when I tow, but empty it usually shows 18-19 and I actually get 17’s.

I got into an argument one time with a buddy claiming they’re super accurate on his jag, he tried it my way and the computer was a whole 2mpg off 🤣

Mines never been more than .2-.5 off when doing it by hand. I get 430 miles from 23 gallons, refill with 23-34 gallons and get 420-435 miles per tank. Computer shows 17.8 - 18 while hand calc gives me 17.7 to 18.4.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mines never been more than .2-.5 off when doing it by hand. I get 430 miles from 23 gallons, refill with 23-34 gallons and get 420-435 miles per tank. Computer shows 17.8 - 18 while hand calc gives me 17.7 to 18.4.
I wish mine was that accurate!

fubar414

Reaction score
I've always gotten 15% on my vehicles, IMO it's not too dark but since our trucks come with a factory tint on the rear windows, I added the 15% on top of it so at night it does get pretty dark. During the day it's wonderful, not too bright and the ceramic helps keep the heat out as well.
Oh nice. I just picked up mine after it got tinted, but it was at night so I’d be curious to see what it’s like during the day. Did 15% on the back windows/windshield/panoramic, and 30% up front 2 sides, 70 windshield.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A2F90D66-9574-4DEC-BB7A-9155F6CA862B.jpeg
I don’t think pictures do it justice but here’s the Diode Dynamics 30” bar hidden behind the lower grille. I think I need to adjust it a little but I love it. It’s not significantly brighter than my high beams but it is noticeable, and the coverage is superior.
This pic is the bar on with low beams

Last edited:

MontFla

Reaction score
Put on Bosche focus new wiper blades. Never heard of the till today. They are a step up from the old ones

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Got my Diode Dynamics 30” light bar installed using @Shifts And Grins Fab hidden brackets, I’m excited to see it at night, I’ll post a couple pictures. One thing I’ll mention is the brackets for the front bumper on my big horn are quite different than the ones on the rebel so I ended up drilling two holes but overall not to bad. View attachment 117419
Next thing to do is to give my baby a wash
If you could post or send me some photos of the backside of your bumper, I'd love to see it. I did slightly modify the brackets to make them a little wider for more adjustability.

Users who are viewing this thread