5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a micro switch panel off Amazon. It was to large to fit in the empty CD slot in my console. I took it to a local engraving company that made me a new laser cut faceplate that allowed me to squeeze in five of the six rockers in the new panel. So far, I’m only using three of the five rocker switches but when I add the others I can have the faceplate labeled. Then I found at night I had problems locating the switches without taking my eyes off the road way to long, so I added a couple of small accents lights above the panel console that are lit whenever the accessories are on. It also matches the interior floor lighting.

ba6b07fec0e851e8a85f64ea9b42c16d.jpg

ce922c57db80a754326289de03d56bf4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 103_1656_InPixio.jpg
    103_1656_InPixio.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 149

brenan00

Reaction score
Absolutely. And it was pretty easy to resolve... I hope. They gave a 3rd party website on the letter to verify it. Go on the site, put in the reference number, answer a couple questions, and upload a declaration of coverage document. Did it all in about 5 minutes. Just weird out of all the new vehicles I've purchased / leased over the years, I've never heard of this. In today's world, anything is possible I guess.
I received the same letter and resolved it the same way. In financing they never asked for proof of insurance, now they are.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I received the same letter and resolved it the same way. In financing they never asked for proof of insurance, now they are.
Hmm weird. I definitely called geico that day and got a binder faxed over, just like I always do. I've always had to have proof of insurance when getting a new vehicle. Maybe different states? Who knows anymore.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm weird. I definitely called geico that day and got a binder faxed over, just like I always do. I've always had to have proof of insurance when getting a new vehicle. Maybe different states? Who knows anymore.
Where I’m at, I do have to provide a proof of insurance, but it only has to be for a current policy that shows auto coverage active. I have 30 days from the new vehicle purchase to add the new vehicle to my policy.

VCU Rams

Reaction score
I installed a bug guard today. It looks good. Later I drove and realized my stop/start was not working. Did some research and found out if the hood is not flesh with the body the stop/start feature doesn't work. Very disappointing. $88.00 bucks down the drain. Taking off today.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I installed a bug guard today. It looks good. Later I drove and realized my stop/start was not working. Did some research and found out if the hood is not flesh with the body the stop/start feature doesn't work. Very disappointing. $88.00 bucks down the drain. Taking off today.
By stop/start, are you talking about adaptive cruise control? Surprising that a bug guard would impact it.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where I’m at, I do have to provide a proof of insurance, but it only has to be for a current policy that shows auto coverage active. I have 30 days from the new vehicle purchase to add the new vehicle to my policy.
I've always had to add mine same day, before I left the dealership. The dealerships need to see the vehicle with active coverage on that day. Then we have 10 days (I think) to get it inspected, if it's not already. The geico app has always allowed me to do it myself sitting at the dealership while I wait. But now, for some reason, since I have an RV on my policy, I have to call to make any changes whatsoever. So stupid. And then they always try to add on roadside assistance, rental reimbursement, etc. etc. to make more money off me and I have to argue with them not to add it.

VCU Rams

Reaction score
By stop/start, are you talking about adaptive cruise control? Surprising that a bug guard would impact it.
No, the etorque system that stops vehicle at stop sign and then restart when you take foot off brake.

dbark

Reaction score

What kind of bug guard? Are you sure it was installed correctly?

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

av8tor86

Reaction score
Installed LED interior, cargo and Reverse lights today. I guess I’ll have to convert them all now. I thought there was no end to the amount of $$$ I could spend on the wife’s Jeep JLU, but I’m getting close with this truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online