5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ldc2335

Reaction score
And more headlights

The way the OE light pipes are designed they will never be bright like what I wanted, even with the board upgrade, so I did it my way.
Here they are sealed up, on the bench and being tested....they are bright!

Awesome job! I think they are considered "accent lights" not DRLs. I thought they were too dim as well so I activated the amber turn signals as drls.

After reading all the a/c tsb thread. I saw alot of folks talking about the drain getting clogged. Ordered a rubber elbow for it.. Just in case. Fits very snug, no clamp needed.

5/8" if you're wondering
a616890aed8a7d7951686a51c0e69a87.jpg
6ade096be10b6f4da06e61de301fc52c.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nels

Reaction score
Any of you have any experience with the stock Dueler tires in the winter? How do they fair on snow and ice?

First winter with my truck. I always put ice tires on my car in the winter in the past. I don't travel far for work...less than 5km. Our winters here are regularly -30c and snow is October to April. They also don't plow the city roads until it's compacted down.
I bought my 2019 in October 2020 with 24,000 miles on the stock Dueler HLs. First snowfall i thought there's no way i van drive on these tires all winter (Wisconsin). I made it, but replaced them in the spring. I wouldnt have considered another winter on them. The truck felt like it was floating on the road surface. I ran in auto 4 wheel pretty much all winter cuz i was nervous as hell.

U

User_63152

I bought 2 Rigid Ignite pods for aux reverse lights. These things are super tiny. LOL. I am having them installed on Monday. Probably mounting on the lower bumper, next to the hitch (or, somewhere in the area between the hitch and first set of backup sensors). I will update on performance, etc.

Attachments

• Rigid Ignite a.JPG
    Rigid Ignite a.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 86

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any of you have any experience with the stock Dueler tires in the winter? How do they fair on snow and ice?

First winter with my truck. I always put ice tires on my car in the winter in the past. I don't travel far for work...less than 5km. Our winters here are regularly -30c and snow is October to April. They also don't plow the city roads until it's compacted down.
They suck all around. I got rid of mine and went to Michelin LTX M/S to use 3 seasons and bought a second set of rims on Marketplace and put Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3’s on just for winter. Awesome tires and rarely use 4x4. I’m in BC 🇨🇦. Not everyone wants to run two set of rims and tires, but when you live in snow as long as we do in Canada, you gotta do what you gotta do. I’ve always believed that 1 tire does not do everything in all weather conditions.
If I was to recommend a 1 tire set, it would probably be a Cooper Discoverer A/T3 4S. I ran them on my last truck. 3500 Ram. Great tire in a all season.
DAB7D99A-A5AF-48E4-8B33-212E948FC40B.jpeg
2323A230-4306-4470-BC59-D5944478FAF0.jpeg

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They suck all around. I got rid of mine and went to Michelin LTX M/S and bought a second set of rims on Marketplace and put Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3’s on just for winter. Awesome tires and rarely use 4x4. I’m in BC 🇨🇦. Not everyone wants to run two set of rims and tires, but when you live in snow as long as we do in Canada, you gotta do what you gotta do. I’ve always believed that 1 tire does not do everything in all weather.
View attachment 106949
View attachment 106950
The michelins are really nice- they’re my #1 choice. However, I’m tired of swapping tires and wasting money on every vehicle I buy so I’m leaving the deulers for now.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The michelins are really nice- they’re my #1 choice. However, I’m tired of swapping tires and wasting money on every vehicle I buy so I’m leaving the deulers for now.
In actual fact, because you change out the tire sets, it saves money in the long run because you’re not buying new tires as often for either set. I can usually get 3+ years out of my Michelin’s and expect to get 4 winters out of my Nokians.
Where do you live if I might ask?

jgreene

Reaction score
They suck all around. I got rid of mine and went to Michelin LTX M/S to use 3 seasons and bought a second set of rims on Marketplace and put Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3’s on just for winter. Awesome tires and rarely use 4x4. I’m in BC 🇨🇦. Not everyone wants to run two set of rims and tires, but when you live in snow as long as we do in Canada, you gotta do what you gotta do. I’ve always believed that 1 tire does not do everything in all weather conditions.
If I was to recommend a 1 tire set, it would probably be a Cooper Discoverer A/T3 4S. I ran them on my last truck. 3500 Ram. Great tire in a all season.
View attachment 106949
View attachment 106950
Awesome. Thanks for the information. I am in SK. The intersections here become pure ice because they don't plow. It's pretty well snow roads for the winter.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In actual fact, because you change out the tire sets, it saves money in the long run because you’re not buying new tires as often for either set. I can usually get 3+ years out of my Michelin’s and expect to get 4 winters out of my Nokians.
Where do you live if I might ask?
Md, and I’ve never kept a vehicle long enough to wear out a set of tires. This truck won’t be any different- I’m getting either an electric RAM, Rivian, or maybe a BMW iX if I like it in 2024.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went to help out my uncle last night that broke down in San Antonio. 10.5 hours later we are home. I must say this truck drove amazing!! Didn’t struggle at all and MPG’s weren’t bad at 13.1 for the full way back. I was going anywhere from 65-80mph.

Attachments

• B135F701-C4B5-4EC9-9F5F-F25075E4D836.jpeg
    B135F701-C4B5-4EC9-9F5F-F25075E4D836.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 166

J-barcarp

54 year old teenager
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today i …..
failed my rebel-ization of my front bumper.
looks ok but my paint lines are rough
and the over-sprayed peel paint is not peeling. A850604D-6D83-418B-B55A-30654F2DCAAA.jpeg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Went to help out my uncle last night that broke down in San Antonio. 10.5 hours later we are home. I must say this truck drove amazing!! Didn’t struggle at all and MPG’s weren’t bad at 13.1 for the full way back. I was going anywhere from 65-80mph.
That’s pretty impressive that it did so well!

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Today i …..
failed my rebel-ization of my front bumper.
looks ok but my paint lines are rough
and the over-sprayed peel paint is not peeling. View attachment 106971
Not bad. I was wondering how this would look in matte black.

When you use this stuff with a tape line, you have to go thick, fast and pull the tape while it's pretty wet.

Maybe you could trace the edge with a darker pin stripe to tidy up the edge and make it pop.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Reverse

Reaction score
You use a foam cannon on that?
sure did. Got it ceramic coated and do all of the wash and detail myself now., no more car wash scratches on this baby. Got myself a good pressure washer, a set of nozzles, cleaning towels and a foam attachment for the pressure washer wand. Works great. It's a pretty good workout too :)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sure did. Got it ceramic coated and do all of the wash and detail myself now., no more car wash scratches on this baby. Got myself a good pressure washer, a set of nozzles, cleaning towels and a foam attachment for the pressure washer wand. Works great. It's a pretty good workout too :)
Nice! Which foam cannon did you buy?

1lowcab

Reaction score
Man that’s looks good! How hard do you think this project was?

Thanks!
It wasn't too bad but I've done a lot of headlights in the past. An oscillating cutoff tool is a must.
If you take your time and be very careful how far you are cutting into them you will be fine, once the lens is off it's pretty easy.

Users who are viewing this thread