5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, we bought the house and weren’t given any openers. The sellers claimed they only used the app. I could buy one, but I don’t really see a reason to. I haven’t got a chance yet to try what Manny suggested.
I guess I would have asked for the sellers to provide them. If your internet goes out for any reason you can't open/close the doors other than with the switch inside. And I've had a few issues with MyQ not closing the doors.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its been neglected lately. Some TLC - washed, 303 aerospace on the bed cover & chemical guys ceramic wax

Tomorrow the inside will get detailed

f096e0451756bd9aaa7a2818f7cf211e.jpg

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So a few of my friends have airbags on their trucks and they all say to run independent air lines. If you plumb them together, when you hit a bump it’ll transfer air back and forth and make the ride a lot worse than if they were independent. Plus if they’re independent you can adjust for if one side is heavier! That’s just my opinion based on what they’ve all told me :)
That was kinda my thought too. I've read both ways all over the internet, so now I'm just confused ha. I did think about the possibility of putting a quarter turn ball valve in line between the bags. Best of both worlds? Could fill the bags and even them on one inlet, then throw the valve and lock both bags in place if needed? Or leave the valve open and let them run together.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That was kinda my thought too. I've read both ways all over the internet, so now I'm just confused ha. I did think about the possibility of putting a quarter turn ball valve in line between the bags. Best of both worlds? Could fill the bags and even them on one inlet, then throw the valve and lock both bags in place if needed? Or leave the valve open and let them run together.
No kits involve plumbing lines together to where that would happen. Even
Electric solenoids are very cheap and would achieve what you’re looking for without a workaround. You could wire two solenoids to one switch (through relays) and the solenoids will stay shut if any air issues occur. At that point though, might as well have a switch for each corner.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No kits involve plumbing lines together to where that would happen. Even

Electric solenoids are very cheap and would achieve what you’re looking for without a workaround. You could wire two solenoids to one switch (through relays) and the solenoids will stay shut if any air issues occur. At that point though, might as well have a switch for each corner.
You're right. For now though, I wasn't really planning on an air tank or on board compressor. Maybe down the line I will. Just thinking of a way to utilize the kit provided schraeder valves.

Croaker

Reaction score
Installed Airlift 1000HD and Maxtrac 2” leveling coils in the rear. All said and done it lost 1.5 inches in the rear which I assume is because of the airbags. It does ride slightly harder but not to bad. I routed the air lines together and not independently as I’ll be adding onboard air soon. I don’t have much mechanical experience with suspension so the dual rate springs threw me off, I thought something was wrong when they all bunched up at the top but that’s how they work apparently. Top photo is stock, only way to really tell is to look at the bed of the 2500
View attachment 106019

Are you sure you got the right springs? Looks like the upper part of the spring is completely compressed??

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Got my Rebel back from the shop after getting the RC 5" lift kit and AFE shorties installed. I haven't had a chance to drive it due to recovery from a ruptured Achilles--unfortunately, I have to wait another week until I can put weight on my left foot. So I don't have anything to report yet on performance gains with the shorties or how it rides. I do think it sits a bit higher than I want due to having leveling links installed on both the front and rear. When I'm able to, I'm going to lengthen the front links back to factory specs (82mm) and shorten the rear just enough so that it sits almost level. I'm thinking those adjustments should knock about 1.5" off its current height.

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1231.jpeg
    IMG_1231.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1232.jpeg
    IMG_1232.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1233.jpeg
    IMG_1233.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1234.jpeg
    IMG_1234.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 151

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got my Rebel back from the shop after getting the RC 5" lift kit and AFE shorties installed. I haven't had a chance to drive it due to recovery from a ruptured Achilles--unfortunately, I have to wait another week until I can put weight on my left foot. So I don't have anything to report yet on performance gains with the shorties or how it rides. I do think it sits a bit higher than I want due to having leveling links installed on both the front and rear. When I'm able to, I'm going to lengthen the front links back to factory specs (82mm) and shorten the rear just enough so that it sits almost level. I'm thinking those adjustments should knock about 1.5" off its current height.
Looks great! I went the opposite of you and just ordered a maxtrac reverse level kit.

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
ordered and installed the wheel well liners! easy! now just waiting on my instant horse power red button push start! and yes from the factory the trx has 702 hp but on the 5.7 it give you 707hp!!!! lol!

notoriouskeef

Reaction score
I connected a wireless charging dock for my zfold 3 onto my bullet point mount. I posted details in the interior section but here it is finished.
wpadfront.jpg wpadside.jpg

MBDC

Reaction score
Finally tinted front windows to match rears and bought the Lomax Tri-fold, can’t wait to get it installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the Lomax in May after I got my truck. No complaints. Especially in the hard Texas rains, nothing got soaked in the bed of the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread