5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

blankcanvas

Reaction score
I Just ordered the Husky Mud Guard set through Amazon for $60 and I added the ES Engineered stake pocket covers. I used my Discover Card Cashback Bonus so both items were free. :)
Nice! Geesh I was all woohoo over a discount code online got mine for $45 now I feel like I overpaid by $45 😂😂 I always forget to use my card on there

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After 4 oil changes I finally got tired of coating the sway bar and splashing oil everywhere so this time I installed a ValvoMax drain plug:

View attachment 102456

View attachment 102457

Next time I'll only have to deal with the filter dripping everywhere.

I never considered using one before as my last truck had the drain bolt on the very bottom of the pan leaving it exposed for damage, especially if I put a larger assembly in place of the bolt.

Between Fumoto and ValvoMax I felt more comfortable and confident about the ValvoMax so went that direction.
Looks a lot like the old Fram Suredrain set up. Just using stainless steel instead of brass. So not a revolutionary new product. Just a upgraded design of something that already existed.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks a lot like the old Fram Suredrain set up. Just using stainless steel instead of brass. So not a revolutionary new product. Just a upgraded design of something that already existed.
Drain valves have been around for a long time but this is the first truck I could add one without worrying about ripping it off every time I drive. I just picked the one I liked the best.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! You have the same setup as me. Did you have any issues with the install? I had to take off the Retrax rail caps that came with the cover to get the tailgate shut. I think if I trim them it will work. Also I have too much of a gap where the side of the truck meets the tailgate both verticaly and horizontally. I need to to figure out how to seal that. Finally the tubes from the canister are too short and I need to find some tubing from the hardware store. You? I havent reached out to Retax customer service yet.
Agree on the tubes.. About 10” short I think. With the extra length, they would bend in on their own. For now, I just z-tied to the lower bed hooks. I adjusted the bed rails as per the instructions and had no lineup issues. Does not hit the tailgate. I do have a bit of a gap, maybe an 1/8” between the closed retrax pro mx weather seal and the multifunction tailgate.

johna151730

Reaction score
I went with the brighter ones for $90. My truck is a ‘19 Rebel. No water leaks. But I’m one that hasn’t had any issues with leaks (yet). Install was as simple as removing the four screws, popping out the old bulbs and then installing the new.

How do you get your cargo lights to come on while in reverse? Mine have never done that.
My bad. The cargo lights turn off in reverse. Did you upgrade your reverse lights w/ the dd $90 LEDs as well? The stock lights in reverse are not bright enough

Duran

Reaction score
Gave her a wash but need opinion on the the grill with the Black lettering and chrome grill how yall feeling about it?
I did the opposite to mine i went black grill kept the chrome ram

Attachments

• 20210703_193546.jpg
    20210703_193546.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 130
  • 20201020_142535.jpg
    20201020_142535.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 20201020_133036.jpg
    20201020_133036.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 131

Kaderast

Reaction score
Hoping he wasn't gumming up his chimney with that old soft pitch wood. Testing payload is about what it's good for.
If he is in a location out west anywhere like me, there are no good burning hardwoods within about 1000 miles. Pine, birch, cottonwood, and aspen is about the only firewood available....which is all about 1 step better than burning cardboard.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gave her a wash but need opinion on the the grill with the Black lettering and chrome grill how yall feeling about it?
Hey we are twinkies!! haha My truck looks almost identical apart of the front chrome grill that is black on mine and the hood emblems I painted them to match the truck. :D

I like the look of the all black grill. I still have the chrome hooks and handles, but everything has been changed to black now. Looks great to me.

Duran

Reaction score
Here’s how it looks without the chrome. @timdo409

I actually hadn't installed the last three lower fins, yet, but since then it's been completed. :D
I didnt bother taling off the grill . Se the two bolts below my headlamp are rivots ???

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heading down to North Carolina:
PdVAOxR.jpeg
1Dd8aVb.jpeg

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
My bad. The cargo lights turn off in reverse. Did you upgrade your reverse lights w/ the dd $90 LEDs as well? The stock lights in reverse are not bright enough
I have not upgraded the reverse lights. I'm thinking I may do pods that pull power from the trailer wiring harness.

Idaho970

Reaction score
Did a FULL speaker swap today with Infinity References. UNBELIEVABLE difference. Also added a bunch of Dynamat Extreme and Noico 150ml CCF to the doors.

Was getting some annoying feedback from the ANC with the new speakers and Borla Exhuast....so I disabled that. SUPER easy. Just pull the 4 positive pins for the mics out of the ANC module under the seat (send me a PM if you need help, I'll try to put together a how-to). There is no difference between 2020 and 2021 in the wire colors, but I didn't want to risk using an older bypass unit that isn't listed to work on the 2021s.

Now its loud inside AND outside. Honestly the exhaust sounds even better without the ANC. I like hearing the exhaust when I drive (part of why I bought a Ram) so it's perfect with the S-Type. Granted all the extra Dynamat dulled it down a little bit, and a lot of loud music and guns at a young age has my hearing in a so-so spot haha.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did a FULL speaker swap today with Infinity References. UNBELIEVABLE difference. Also added a bunch of Dynamat Extreme and Noico 150ml CCF to the doors.

Was getting some annoying feedback from the ANC with the new speakers and Borla Exhuast....so I disabled that. SUPER easy. Just pull the 4 positive pins for the mics out of the ANC module under the seat (send me a PM if you need help, I'll try to put together a how-to). There is no difference between 2020 and 2021 in the wire colors, but I didn't want to risk using an older bypass unit that isn't listed to work on the 2021s.

Now its loud inside AND outside. Honestly the exhaust sounds even better without the ANC. I like hearing the exhaust when I drive (part of why I bought a Ram) so it's perfect with the S-Type. Granted all the extra Dynamat dulled it down a little bit, and a lot of loud music and guns at a young age has my hearing in a so-so spot haha.
Going to send you a message. I want to remove my ANC as I feel it's causing some weird noises.

Users who are viewing this thread