5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Wsmith

Reaction score
What kind of run-around are they giving you? I've read that some dealers want to do a couple of diagnostics before agreeing to the repair, while others will just take the tsb info and do the fix.
Just the typical we are so busy, we will try to squeeze you in. They have already put the wrong oil in it twice. For some reason they cannot figure out how to match my vin# to the service plan I bought (full synthetic), the second time I showed them the service plan before the oil change, I get the invoice (it was paid by the service plan). The oil put in was Mopar 68523001, conventional 5w20. The same oil put in on the first service, I changed that to Pennzoil platinum. I made them change it out to Mopar 68523008. 2 hour wait. Total of 3.5 hours for an oil change. I would go to a different dealer but most dealers in my area are owned by the same company, which has a less the shining reputation. As much as anything else my confidence level is very low with them. And as I said it is an "evaluation" to see if I qualify for the TSB. It has been humid in the 90's and the AC is miserable. The evaluation is scheduled for Thursday, they called to re-schedule. The high on Thursday will be 72. The AC is fine when the temps are low. I guess i'm just bit***** about what might happen. They told me they will need the truck for a week if it qualifies for repair and will not provide a loner for TSB service, and they currently don't have any, anyway. I'm going the valve route and make adjustments manually if I need defrost.

Last edited:

LuvGun

Reaction score
spent the afternoon cutting a few scratches in the paint, polishing, and coating the truck. still need to do the glass & wheels, but i managed to get the truck, trim, and bed cover for now. it stays parked during the week, so plenty of cure time! has me actually enjoying owning a black truck again

72330d3b7a4fcdc16bbdc8d4dbdb2c38.jpg

237d7934f9f5c7a8081d32b2a995d807.jpg

f83da469c46899ed605b6f06c282a906.jpg

761394f00bf32a083b2d6063d39d02c4.jpg

0ea944189799f78d9eea81f6a7c6931a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Beautiful

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just the typical we are so busy, we will try to squeeze you in. They have already put the wrong oil in it twice. For some reason they cannot figure out how to match my vin# to the service plan I bought (full synthetic), the second time I showed them the service plan before the oil change, I get the invoice (it was paid by the service plan). The oil put in was Mopar 68523001, conventional 5w20. The same oil put in on the first service, I changed that to Pennzoil platinum. I made them change it out to Mopar 68523008. 2 hour wait. Total of 3.5 hours for an oil change. I would go to a different dealer but most dealers in my area are owned by the same company, which has a less the shining reputation. As much as anything else my confidence level is very low with them. And as I said it is an "evaluation" to see if I qualify for the TSB. It has been humid in the 90's and the AC is miserable. The evaluation is scheduled for Thursday, they called to re-schedule. The high on Thursday will be 72. The AC is fine when the temps are low. I guess i'm just bit***** about what might happen. They told me they will need the truck for a week if it qualifies for repair and will not provide a loner for TSB service, and they currently don't have any, anyway. I'm going the valve route and make adjustments manually if I need defrost.
Wow! It's a shame some dealers don't care about anything more than making a sale. Hopefully the hack helps you a little

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bro, how are you only getting 9.9 mpg?!? Are you driving around with the pedal stuck to the floor?

I was let go from a job in 2019 just after ordering the rig. I took a job at the dealership which was only like 1 mile from my house, so the first two years of driving (and COVID) I've only put on 5000 miles. Now I'm working at the local Air Force Base again and the mile is up to 13.2 so far. I was hoping to be going back and forth to Indiana (my home town) and was why I had the truck setup the way I did - for highway mileage. Not to mention that I have the RAM AIR installed as well.

1625580222333.png

Idaho970

Reaction score
You know, something just occurred to me. Maybe I’m way off base here, but…
The eTorque models have a 430 wH battery inside the passenger cabin. That battery, to my understanding, gets some pretty significant use during regular city driving. So I wonder how much heat it generates. Is this thing like a radiator that you would have in an apartment? I’m just thinking about how hot an iPhone gets sometimes, and scaling it up by a factor of 30 (or so).

I don’t have my truck yet, so I’m no help with answering that question.
This is a separate thought from the “AC vents don’t blow cold air in the first place” thing…I was just wondering if the battery compounds the cabin-cooling issue.
Great question! Next time I'm done with some city driving i'll drop the rear seat and see if I can feel any radiating heat. I don't see any vents/fans on it so I'm not sure how hot it's really getting.

Stay tuned for more!

Idaho970

Reaction score
I rarely go past speed 5 on regular AC, not max/recirculation. The ceramic /IR tint seems to make a significant difference, windshields done too, Wincos 70%. Truck cools down in about 10 min then I'm having to lower the fan speed.

That said, it's no where near as cold as my 03, it'd freeze meat
I've never had that luxury to turn the fan speed down. Planning on making an appointment at the dealer once I get back from my next road trip. don't know how long they will need it for...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Warranty work, is warranty work. Doesn't matter if it's a TSB or not. Sounds like they just don't want to hand out a loaner for more than a day or two.

pinzg35

Reaction score
Thanks for all the members I reached out to for thoughts, added Toyo Open Country ATIII’s (285/50/22) and installed the B2 moderate muffler and 5” tips which has been sitting in the box for over a month. Love how the tires sit on the truck and I’m sure MPG will take a slight hit but as for road noise and comfort, don’t feel much has changed from the stock GYs. Being a 10ply, they are comfortable. Very minimal inner fender rub at full lock but “adjusted” the liner and now it’s gone.

As for the B2, was going back and forth on installing this but glad I did. Was afraid it would be add more sound then I wanted and also was worried about the tone change once the MDS kicked in (it’s minimal) but all in all…I do like it. Start ups are nice and you only really hear it when you want to but in a good way without the whole world hearing you. Time will tell if I get sick of it:)

Attachments

• 13549EC0-0A68-4B80-9988-70C84C05C7DC.jpeg
    13549EC0-0A68-4B80-9988-70C84C05C7DC.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 333C2946-1020-458E-8F80-8DE108A68F5E.jpeg
    333C2946-1020-458E-8F80-8DE108A68F5E.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 166
  • 54EF0233-A4F5-4973-802E-E7F442BFDC0F.jpeg
    54EF0233-A4F5-4973-802E-E7F442BFDC0F.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 165

BowDown

Reaction score
If you’re willing to try it I’d suggest tinting the windshield with a ceramic film too. Even something legal like 70% will help. My AC sucked big time and I swear ever since I tinted my windshield with 60% 3M Crystalline it’s been night and day different. I don’t really understand why but me (and my buddy with a 2020 Ram) both tinted our windshields and we think our ACs are working a lot better now!

I tinted my windshield with wincos 70% the 3rd day I had it so I never really experienced it without but I know my truck cools fine and I attribute a lot of that to the windshield tint.
I now have a cracked windshield due to a rock but once the glass is replaced, I'm going straight to the tint shop again (as soon as the urethane windshield glue cures)

BowDown

Reaction score
spent the afternoon cutting a few scratches in the paint, polishing, and coating the truck. still need to do the glass & wheels, but i managed to get the truck, trim, and bed cover for now. it stays parked during the week, so plenty of cure time! has me actually enjoying owning a black truck again

72330d3b7a4fcdc16bbdc8d4dbdb2c38.jpg

237d7934f9f5c7a8081d32b2a995d807.jpg

f83da469c46899ed605b6f06c282a906.jpg

761394f00bf32a083b2d6063d39d02c4.jpg

0ea944189799f78d9eea81f6a7c6931a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wheel wells man!!!!!!!!!
Laughed at the monkey see monkey do across the street

vincentw56

Reaction score
Warranty work, is warranty work. Doesn't matter if it's a TSB or not. Sounds like they just don't want to hand out a loaner for more than a day or two.
TSBs are not warranty work and are not always free.

vincentw56

Reaction score
If you are still under factory warranty, TSBs are covered under factory warranty.
That's not what the dealer says. I've had 3 tell me the same thing. There have been others in here that have been told the same thing too.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Wheel wells man!!!!!!!!!
Laughed at the monkey see monkey do across the street

haha yeah i stopped at glass and final touches. i usually like to do wheel wells last. i won’t be driving the truck till end of the week so i decided to stop before i stroked out from heat exhaustion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's not what the dealer says. I've had 3 tell me the same thing. There have been others in here that have been told the same thing too.
Time to find a new dealer then. A TSB is a known issue. If you are still under factory warranty, then they have to correct known issues under warranty. At that point the TSB just tells them what to do for that specific issue rather than waste time troubleshooting.

Reaction score
Decided to do a small upgrade. Got the AVS Bugflector 2 delivered today and installed. I'm not usually a huge fan of these things but.... I also don't like rock chips on my hood or windshield. So I went for it and I don't mind it to be honest. I thought it would have taken away the look of the Sport hood, but I think it goes well. Now a TRX hood with front scoop may not look so good with a hoodflector.

Now just gotta figure an easy way to get the AVS logo off without marking up the material.

Also just ordered some Wellvisor rain guards so in about 2 weeks I'll be installing those.

20210706_200349.jpg
20210706_200356.jpg

popcenator

Reaction score
I've had a couple dealers locally say they're not allowed to just flash updates anymore unless approved so they wouldn't for me. I spoke to the dealer I purchased from and they told me just mention the keywords in the TSB and they can get approval.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
You know, something just occurred to me. Maybe I’m way off base here, but…
The eTorque models have a 430 wH battery inside the passenger cabin. That battery, to my understanding, gets some pretty significant use during regular city driving. So I wonder how much heat it generates. Is this thing like a radiator that you would have in an apartment? I’m just thinking about how hot an iPhone gets sometimes, and scaling it up by a factor of 30 (or so).

I don’t have my truck yet, so I’m no help with answering that question.
This is a separate thought from the “AC vents don’t blow cold air in the first place” thing…I was just wondering if the battery compounds the cabin-cooling issue.
That is a good thought!…but I’m afraid it’s one that I don’t really think is true. I drove my truck for a month without any rear seats in it and I never noticed any extra heat even when I was in the rear of the cab taking stuff apart :/

Users who are viewing this thread