5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I added the semi-auto park feature. Weird having the truck steer itself when it parks. I'm in the process of adding the adaptive cruise so I had the button and only needed to add a couple of parts to make it work. So why not?

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Wow 70....that's crazy. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse so I'm glad you came out ok from that. What was the other drivers deal? That's pretty damn fast to be driving through that area by the looks of it. Have to ask, did they have insurance (if it wasn't a stolen car)?

I’m not sure what was going on with the other guy. I’m waiting for the police report. They had to take him to the hospital and the police followed so I’m sure he has some other issues trailing his medical treatment. The owner of the car is insured but it’s not him. We will see how that goes.

I just want to start looking for another ram now. The market looks like trash from what I can see online for new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramjack

Reaction score
Replaced the power side steps with factory wheel to wheel fixed step bars! They were chrome and I had the sprayed with bed liner to go along with the night package that the truck is equipped with. Now just have to hope the “retractable side steps unavailable service required” warning goes away!
Good idea. I like those wheel-to-wheel OEM steps but not sure about the polished look. My truck is not "blacked out" so not quite a clear-cut decision for me. Call me crazy, but I like my chrome grille and exhaust tips. But not sure I want that much "shine" down the whole side.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure what was going on with the other guy. I’m waiting for the police report. They had to take him to the hospital and the police followed so I’m sure he has some other issues trailing his medical treatment. The owner of the car is insured but it’s not him. We will see how that goes.

I just want to start looking for another ram now. The market looks like trash from what I can see online for new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear the vehicle was insured at least, and that the innocent person came out without injuries for a change.

As for the truck market, yeah it's pretty rough right now. I'd suggest contacting the Bud Clary dealership up in Washington, or contacting Aaron at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. They may be some of the only dealers discounting at this point.

Hopefully you can fight for more than blue book on your wrecked truck, with the market being like it is many of us have sold our trucks recently for a lot more than blue book (I sold my 2017 3 weeks ago for about $5,000 more than my kbb "instant offer"). Or whatever insurance uses to value trucks out for things like this, just something to keep in mind to maybe make your next purchase a little easier on the wallet.

h4zegrey

Reaction score
Congrats !! FYI - Diesel owners are not permitted to post their MPGs on this forum. 😁

Yeah, well, it isn't all fun and games to far. Memorial day so service is closed and they owe me a fill-up on DEF (they did get the gas), and I was 2 miles from home when I realized there's no inspection sticker. Looks like I'm heading back tomorrow...

TNSmokee

Reaction score
A couple of Memorial Day projects and gifts for my truck.
Assist Step_1.jpg Assist Step_2.jpg T
The Mopar assist step wasn't as easy for me, or at least it took longer than 10 minutes. I had to remove the exhaust tip which I had just put on Friday. If I had known that my step was arriving on Saturday then I would've done both at the same time. I love the step and recommend it. It compliments the truck and tucks up very nice, almost unnoticeable.
Exhaust Tip.jpg

B2 Fabrication 5" tips. I have the matching muffler so I went with it. My neighbor has a R/T Charger 392 and I helped him with his Carven tip install. I couldn't tell the difference between the two.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not really what I did but I coached…

86d8456e8f1fff3cfa32cbc06cb54920.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear the vehicle was insured at least, and that the innocent person came out without injuries for a change.

As for the truck market, yeah it's pretty rough right now. I'd suggest contacting the Bud Clary dealership up in Washington, or contacting Aaron at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. They may be some of the only dealers discounting at this point.

Hopefully you can fight for more than blue book on your wrecked truck, with the market being like it is many of us have sold our trucks recently for a lot more than blue book (I sold my 2017 3 weeks ago for about $5,000 more than my kbb "instant offer"). Or whatever insurance uses to value trucks out for things like this, just something to keep in mind to maybe make your next purchase a little easier on the wallet.
They are supposed to compare to values of similar optioned vehicles being sold. Not just KBB. And you can dispute the amount of you can prove it's worth more.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are supposed to compare to values of similar optioned vehicles being sold. Not just KBB. And you can dispute the amount of you can prove it's worth more.
gotmeahemi glad you're okay.

You can submit any aftermarket stuff you've done (with receipts) and the insurance company will use that to adjust the amount they are going to give you for the truck.

It's not going to be as much as you spent on them but it could increase your payout.

When my last truck got totaled a couple of years ago my insurance company asked for that and I got an extra ~$1000 in my check. It's better than nothing as I submitted a list with over $10K of stuff.

broman66

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_5849 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_5849 - Copy.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 116

Carcrazyguy

Reaction score
@Carcrazyguy
What made you change to a nerf bar set up? Most guys are going the other way.
Ive had the power steps on 4 trucks now and wouldn’t have anything else but.
The power step bars were way to low for my short legs. The power step bars were 10 inches off the ground (in off-road 1) and the factory chrome (now black) step bars are 16 inches off the ground. So the fixed step bars are 6 inches closer to the door frame to make it way easier to get out of the truck without having to slide out of the seat. Seemed like I was damaging the seat just trying to get out of the truck with the power step bars.

pmegason

Reaction score
Replaced the power side steps with factory wheel to wheel fixed step bars! They were chrome and I had the sprayed with bed liner to go along with the night package that the truck is equipped with. Now just have to hope the “retractable side steps unavailable service required” warning goes away!
I did the same thing to my factory chrome steps. I haven't had the chance to go through a car wash yet or hit them with a pressure washer so we will see how well the paint sticks. It's been raining off and on for weeks here so no chance to wash it. I sanded them down and did 4 layers of primer, sanding between layers and then did 3 coats of the truck spray liner. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread